Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

diyafah thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
i think srk is the best!i even like amitahbh and abhi ..but srk is the best!his acting skills r getting better and better!especially in veer zaara,swades..
have'nt seen kank yet..releasing on the 16th in U.A.E.
after that I can say if in kank,he did gud or bad! 😊 😊 😊
Me_Anonymous thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
just to add 1 more thing, i consider Body lanugaue, dialogue delivery, comfortability on camera, comfortability with co-actor while i judge someone if s/he is a good actor/actress 😊
AishwaryaRathod thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
well for an audience that cribs about the popcorn/bubble gum/feel good romantic/family drama/emotional genre;accepts a movie such as gangster;murder;julie; has remix vdo-s and item #s on tv out the wazoo and respects the RDB/fanaa/lagaan/sarfarosh/mangal pandey genre that is also in the saaaaaaaaame patriotic genre with the saaaaame desh bhakti stuff and the saaaaaame aamir "i'm sooo perfect" khan and does not question him; but then GOD FORBID that SRK does KKHH; DTPH; CC; KHNH; VZ; GOD FORBIDDDDDDDDDDD; and when some1 gives them a story like KANK the saaame audience turns around and questions what the director made and if he knew their sensibilities???the same sensibilities that give KZK and KSBKBT the highest TRPs???that make certain movies like julie a hit??is the audience's hypocrisy justified???oh and isnt bwood about song & dance and 3 hr long musicals; i mean if i wanted to watch realism i'd be stuck to CNN; is it KJo's fault that he celebrates BWOOd and then does a movie that might be for hwood sensibilities and ppl still stay on his case???is it his fault that one of the most popular bwood actors is like family to him??i've seen the mass hysteria SRK generates --temptations for example -- and that is greater than what salman or akshay kumar could ever even dream of getting or GOT for their world tours..

and if KJo and SRK make movies that do stupendous business; why should they stop working together???why should yash chopra not take srk??why are people already cribbing about DON and saying it is doomed??SRK has never worked with farhan akhtar before..should he be blamed for the fact that farhan wanted his persona to be present in DON??should he be blamed for idolizing the Big B to the point of jumping at the chance of working in a remake of one of his films??and why is no one talking about main hoon na??didn't aamir do his share of feel good movies??

the india fm critic had to say this about SRK..

http://www.indiafm.com/movies/review/12514/index.htm
and that review said:"In KABHI ALVIDA NAA KEHNA, the actors get a chance to shine and no one shines brighter than Shah Rukh Khan. Let's just state one thing here: This is SRK's finest work after D.D.L.J. His sequences with Preity specifically, when the couple has their spats, or in the climax, when he just stares at Rani from inside the train, proves that he's undoubtedly the best in the business. The ferocity with which he delivers his lines and the restless energy he imparts to his character electrifies every scene that he's in".

A mid-day review about SRK's performance:
"But of course, the soul of KANK is Shah Rukh Khan. It must've been a tough choice to accept the role of a loser, but SRK proves why he's called King Khan. The angst of Dev couldn't have been portrayed as well by any other actor. Dev's sardonic approach, his flair with words and his impulsive mood swings — Shah Rukh adds a new dimension to the character, taking it leaps forward. Be it his interaction with his kid, his wife, his girlfriend or his mother, Shah Rukh takes charge of every scene, making every moment memorable." and the above comes from mid-day a paper that has never been overtly kind to SRK

as for the overhype DHOOm 2 has a huuggeeee overhype;i saw the promo and YES HR is looking good but i already saw the good looks in Krrish and i shall see them again in Krrish 2 and in Jodha Akbar he signed onto dhoom 2 after DHOOM was a hit--> what happened to risking it mister????HR shall neverr everrr risk it and shall star in daddy dearest's movies made for beta dearest for life!!fiza and mission kashmir were the saaaame subject;and remember na tum jaano na hum that was prbly made to cash-in on KNPH's success??in Dhoom 2 ash is looking toned BUT "RISE ALL for here comes the ICE QUEEN";and the only reason that i shall watch Dhoom 2 is ABHISHEK BACHCHAN;and krrish had a huggee overhype when compared to KANK it's like a movie for kids; some of whom such as my little cousin would raher watch X-Men and Spiderman over and over than give two hoots about krrish; my brother dislikes krrish as well; and for that matter aren't akshaye khanna's movies that he made with priyadarshan and akki's comedies also repetitive;and as respected as the Big B is aren't his roles of the patriarch repetitive:virrudh/baghban/k3G/babul etc..

maybe one should expect bwood as an industry to stop with the repetition as a whole; to stop taking one formula that was a hit and make movies on it to eternity; maybe BWOOD should be expected to mature as a whole before pointing fingers at SRK alone...

sorry if the above is confusing and long 😭
insouciance thumbnail

now we can fight to our heart's content😛..Mine is red

Originally posted by: legallyblonde21

well for an audience that cribs about the popcorn/bubble gum/feel good romantic/family drama/emotional genre;accepts a movie such as gangster;murder;julie; has remix vdo-s and item #s on tv out the wazoo and respects the RDB/fanaa/lagaan/sarfarosh/mangal pandey genre that is also in the saaaaaaaaame patriotic genre with the saaaaame desh bhakti stuff and the saaaaaame aamir "i'm sooo perfect" khan and does not question him;

well see,Lagaan wasnt really the same as Mangal Pandey....Lagaan was all about a cricket match,whereas Mangal pandey was an out and out patriotic film set in the pre-independence era....😛..and Bhuvan of Lagaan wasnt the same as DJ of RDB...Whereas Rahul of KKHH,K3G,the raj od Chalte Chalte and the Ran of main hoon na were ALMOST THE SAME.....SRK'S A HAM ACTOR..PERIOD!..Aamir's so versatile,whereas SRK's versatility has been seen only in Asoka,Paheli and Swades....

but then GOD FORBID that SRK does KKHH; DTPH; CC; KHNH; VZ; GOD FORBIDDDDDDDDDDD; and when some1 gives them a story like KANK the saaame audience turns around and questions what the director made and if he knew their sensibilities???the same sensibilities that give KZK and KSBKBT the highest TRPs???

firstly,everyone bash KSBKBT😛....and I dont think even one person would say that its sensible and logical.....I dont blame KJo for trying out a different subject,but when he attempts a bold subject,he must do enough research,and not simply ASSUME things(like saying I dont understand what people who have an arranged marriage do,and people who marry for their parents are the most unfortunate ones and stuff)...

that make certain movies like julie a hit??

err...correction sheen....Julie was a flop😛,only murder and jism were hits

is the audience's hypocrisy justified???oh and isnt bwood about song & dance and 3 hr long musicals; i mean if i wanted to watch realism i'd be stuck to CNN;

DUDEEEEE😆,see,Bollywood WAS about dancing  around trees,clothes,song dance etc..But wouldnt people get bored watching the same crap...I mean,I really would like KJo to make a movie in Mumbai(and not the london/USA),make a movie about a poor family,and make it realistic..the day when he makes such a movie,I'll eat my hat😛

is it KJo's fault that he celebrates BWOOd and then does a movie that might be for hwood sensibilities and ppl still stay on his case???

Why make a movie for hollywood,..afterall,the 98% of the audience constitutes the desis.....and what's the big hoohah that he celebrates Bollywood.....I think Bollywood is celebrated even in a movie like omkara which has a rustic backdrop....even in a movie like Lagaan and swades which were shot in villages...the sets,clothes and make up doesnt constitute bollywood...what constitutes bwood is the "SOUL" of the movie.....and KANK lacks the soul

is it his fault that one of the most popular bwood actors is like family to him??i've seen the mass hysteria SRK generates --temptations for example -- and that is greater than what salman or akshay kumar could ever even dream of getting or GOT for their world tours..

Yup,SRK's destiny😛

and if KJo and SRK make movies that do stupendous business; why should they stop working together???

they can go on doing movies for each other,but then they should accept the criticism...As long as they make these candyfloss movies,they'll get slammed...and even if they go the unconventional way,and make a BAD nonsensical movie,they'd be slammed...the only way out..Make a good realistic movie😛

why should yash chopra not take srk??why are people already cribbing about DON and saying it is doomed??

Because many feel so...SRK somewhat kinda looks uncomfortable as don🤢..He looks first of all BAD,and he's playing a role which was immortalized by Big B....Its hard to accept SRK as "Vijay"..and Dhoom 2 looks cooler,more chic,more suave and all the actors look young

SRK has never worked with farhan akhtar before..should he be blamed for the fact that farhan wanted his persona to be present in DON??should he be blamed for idolizing the Big B to the point of jumping at the chance of working in a remake of one of his films??and why is no one talking about main hoon na??didn't aamir do his share of feel good movies??

Main hoon na😆...that implausible cliched movie....It was so boring,no great story..candyfloss bubblegum again😃...see,there's nothing wrong in wanting to remake a Big B movie..but the point is,does it suit one...

Taran Aadarsh ...yeah right,he gives every big banner movie 4 or 4.5 stars,just to please the directors ..I mean,he gave omkara 2 stars,and KANK 4.5 stars....😆😆

as for the overhype DHOOm 2 has a huuggeeee overhype;

And why not....It has HR i an UBER COOL avtaar,Ash and Bips looking AMAZING,and abhi looking like a gunda,and Uday chopra making the most desperate attempt acting like wannabe😆😕....Uday chopra's going shirtless...Imagine😆..But nevertheless,HR,Ash and Bips look good..and apparently,Hrithik's gonna do 15 roles in Dhoom..one of a woman,one of a dwarf,etc..Now how cool is that😉

i saw the promo and YES HR is looking good but i already saw the good looks in Krrish and i shall see them again in Krrish 2 and in Jodha Akbar

Why not....😆...It really  doesnt hurt one's eye watching a hunk like HR😆😳

he signed onto dhoom 2 after DHOOM was a hit--> what happened to risking it mister????HR shall neverr everrr risk it and shall star in daddy dearest's movies made for beta dearest for life!!fiza and mission kashmir were the saaaame subject;and remember na tum jaano na hum that was prbly made to cash-in on KNPH's success??

Well,atleast he looks different,and acts different in each movie..No hamming from HR😛...and BTW,where does SRK risk it..He did KANK,knowing that itd generate a helluva amount of curiosity,and the curiosity and the pre-release hype itself would be enough for a safe sail,then he's doing DON,a superhit movie of 1978,and people would definiutely want to watch it...then those farah Khan candyfloss movies...those quintessential YRF movies..and when SRK was offered a role in RDB,he refuses it😛👏..Doesnt he play it so safe😉

in Dhoom 2 ash is looking toned BUT "RISE ALL for here comes the ICE QUEEN";

..She's afterall only the ice queen.....as if SRK didnt speak crap saying that I'm the ronaldino of bollywood and I'll reign supreme etc etc.....He's got such an inflated head..perhaps the censure that kank garners him would slightly deflate his head

and the only reason that i shall watch Dhoom 2 is ABHISHEK BACHCHAN;

who looks like a gunda😃,Sorry sheen,I too love abhi😳,but Dhoom is HR😳 and Ash😊 all the way😛

and krrish had a huggee overhype when compared to KANK it's like a movie for kids; some of whom such as my little cousin would raher watch X-Men and Spiderman over and over than give two hoots about krrish; my brother dislikes krrish as well; and for that matter aren't akshaye khanna's movies that he made with priyadarshan and akki's comedies also repetitive;and as respected as the Big B is aren't his roles of the patriarch repetitive:virrudh/baghban/k3G/babul etc..

Yup..Big B is repetitive..he gets only those father roles,and most of them are cliched...But krrish was great 😃....and dont tell me you didnt enjoy krrish...i think all of us went gagagagagagaga over Hrithik,and I liked the last part too😃..Agreed,Krrish wasnt great,but it wasnt bad either..its all yours sheen.....😛

Pradarshak thumbnail
I am a Aamir Khan fan, that does not mean I don't watch or like Shahrukh Khan's movies(till date I think I have watched all his TV serials and movies except for TRIMURTI). Though it's not like that I liked all SRK movies but I still find myself keep going back to watch his movies again and again. There is some charisma about him and he is so full of energy. Though his acting style sometimes I feel monotonous.

To me, SRK best movie is "kabhi ha kabhi na", if I were a guy I would have loved to live a character like that. And the worst one was "Ram jane". And to my surprise, in a TV(MTV) interview SRK said that "kabhi ha kabhi na" is his most favourite movie too. I was so delighted to know that we have similar choice.

One thing I must say that he is one heck of a lucky guy when it comes to songs in his movies. Picture agar na bhi chaley, gaan e hit hoti hi hain.
insouciance thumbnail

Originally posted by: legallyblonde21

well for an audience that cribs about the popcorn/bubble gum/feel good romantic/family drama/emotional genre;accepts a movie such as gangster;murder;julie; has remix vdo-s and item #s on tv out the wazoo and respects the RDB/fanaa/lagaan/sarfarosh/mangal pandey genre that is also in the saaaaaaaaame patriotic genre with the saaaaame desh bhakti stuff and the saaaaaame aamir "i'm sooo perfect" khan and does not question him; but then GOD FORBID that SRK does KKHH; DTPH; CC; KHNH; VZ; GOD FORBIDDDDDDDDDDD; and when some1 gives them a story like KANK the saaame audience turns around and questions what the director made and if he knew their sensibilities???the same sensibilities that give KZK and KSBKBT the highest TRPs???that make certain movies like julie a hit??is the audience's hypocrisy justified???oh and isnt bwood about song & dance and 3 hr long musicals; i mean if i wanted to watch realism i'd be stuck to CNN; is it KJo's fault that he celebrates BWOOd and then does a movie that might be for hwood sensibilities and ppl still stay on his case???is it his fault that one of the most popular bwood actors is like family to him??i've seen the mass hysteria SRK generates --temptations for example -- and that is greater than what salman or akshay kumar could ever even dream of getting or GOT for their world tours..

and if KJo and SRK make movies that do stupendous business; why should they stop working together???why should yash chopra not take srk??why are people already cribbing about DON and saying it is doomed??SRK has never worked with farhan akhtar before..should he be blamed for the fact that farhan wanted his persona to be present in DON??should he be blamed for idolizing the Big B to the point of jumping at the chance of working in a remake of one of his films??and why is no one talking about main hoon na??didn't aamir do his share of feel good movies??

http://www.indiafm.com/movies/review/12514/index.htm
and that review said:"In KABHI ALVIDA NAA KEHNA, the actors get a chance to shine and no one shines brighter than Shah Rukh Khan. Let's just state one thing here: This is SRK's finest work after D.D.L.J. His sequences with Preity specifically, when the couple has their spats, or in the climax, when he just stares at Rani from inside the train, proves that he's undoubtedly the best in the business. The ferocity with which he delivers his lines and the restless energy he imparts to his character electrifies every scene that he's in".

A mid-day review about SRK's performance:
"But of course, the soul of KANK is Shah Rukh Khan. It must've been a tough choice to accept the role of a loser, but SRK proves why he's called King Khan. The angst of Dev couldn't have been portrayed as well by any other actor. Dev's sardonic approach, his flair with words and his impulsive mood swings — Shah Rukh adds a new dimension to the character, taking it leaps forward. Be it his interaction with his kid, his wife, his girlfriend or his mother, Shah Rukh takes charge of every scene, making every moment memorable." and the above comes from mid-day a paper that has never been overtly kind to SRK

as for the overhype DHOOm 2 has a huuggeeee overhype;i saw the promo and YES HR is looking good but i already saw the good looks in Krrish and i shall see them again in Krrish 2 and in Jodha Akbar he signed onto dhoom 2 after DHOOM was a hit--> what happened to risking it mister????HR shall neverr everrr risk it and shall star in daddy dearest's movies made for beta dearest for life!!fiza and mission kashmir were the saaaame subject;and remember na tum jaano na hum that was prbly made to cash-in on KNPH's success??in Dhoom 2 ash is looking toned BUT "RISE ALL for here comes the ICE QUEEN";and the only reason that i shall watch Dhoom 2 is ABHISHEK BACHCHAN;and krrish had a huggee overhype when compared to KANK it's like a movie for kids; some of whom such as my little cousin would raher watch X-Men and Spiderman over and over than give two hoots about krrish; my brother dislikes krrish as well; and for that matter aren't akshaye khanna's movies that he made with priyadarshan and akki's comedies also repetitive;and as respected as the Big B is aren't his roles of the patriarch repetitive:virrudh/baghban/k3G/babul etc..

maybe one should expect bwood as an industry to stop with the repetition as a whole; to stop taking one formula that was a hit and make movies on it to eternity; maybe BWOOD should be expected to mature as a whole before pointing fingers at SRK alone...

sorry if the above is confusing and long 😭

Sheen,read this😊...It'd clearly show that SRK's got an inflated head😭😡

SRK not a King Khan anymore

The Hindi film industry has entered the second half of the year feeling triumphant as it has managed to get the audiences back into the halls without much extra effort.

But the audiences are still unpredictable. Critically acclaimed multi-starrer "Omkara" is holding well only in Mumbai and Delhi while Sanjay Dutt-starrer "Anthony Kaun Hai" is hovering between average and flop categories.

Going by early reports, this year's most-awaited mega-starrer "Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna" by the industry's blue-eyed boy Karan Johar has not had as spectacular an opening as was hoped.

The box-office collections of the film are likely to pick up after the five-day extended weekend but the film's characterisation and plot have not enthused critics much.

The film stars Shah Rukh Khan who claims to be the "icon of the industry". In the teaser of his new movie "Don", Shah Rukh says: "I am the king".

But box-office returns of his solo films are a clear indicator that even he cannot guarantee box-office success the way Amitabh Bachchan could in the good old days.

Though the audience has changed, a large movie-going population is still very much into hero-worshiping enabling some south Indian actors to command more money than Bollywood's "A-list" stars.

Scepticism tends to creep in when one hears Shah Rukh say: "This is King Khan. I'm the Ronaldinho (ace Brazilian footballer) of acting. I'll be there for another five to six years, then maybe you can think of some other actor."

Elsewhere, he can be heard saying: "No newcomer is around to oust me. It's terrific. I'm respected, recognised. Many magazines call me the icon of the country. The fact is I'm blessed, it has been a charmed life."

He has ruled the roost coming a long way from days of television series "Fauji" in 1988 to scale spectacular heights after "Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge".

But in today's scenario Shah Rukh needs to be accompanied by an ensemble cast including Amitabh, Rani Mukerji, Preity Zinta and Abhishek Bachchan as in "Kabhi Alvida..."

http://www.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?pid=11521

TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: scorpion134

who is Jessica Bedi? once i know who she is then i mgiht be able to reply to this part of urs😊

her name is Jessica Lal (Buffie has misprinted it) . she was murderd by Manu Sharma, son of Haryana minister Vinod Sharma, in a restaurant in Delhi when she refused to serve drink to him.

this year in feb. all the accused were acquitted bcz of the lack of evidence😡.

Edited by Rajeev Ki Heer - 17 years ago
jprasad thumbnail
lol....after all this I still like SRK. Some may think that SRK does the same
role over and over again, but it is ok. He plays his role well and if he over
acts. I am willing to overlook that too. He da the king of my movie going
experience. Although...i kinda like John Abraham too. 😳   
haaaaaaaaaaa....sigh...

everyone is so upset that KJ makes the same movie, luckily he only comes
out with a movie once every two to three years.   😆 Since, he only
comes out with a movie once every three years and I know that I am only
watching his movies for entertainment value, I will enjoy them for what
they are worth. Some comedy, some sadness, some happiness, some
tragedy...kinda reminds me of life.

If there is one person that really irritates me it is Bin Ladin. Where is this
fellow...why can't we find him? 😡
AishwaryaRathod thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
well..FYI --- i watched headlines today--the channel HT-- yesterday and Komal Nahta was a guest there and he was talking to one of the reporters about the movie business saying that anthony kaun hai was dumbbbb and if ppl expected arshad warsi to carry of a film they were nuts; saying that corporate did good just in metros and not even in the oversaes circuit; saying that omkara was not doing well AND saying that the KANK business in these 4 days since it released--business in all circuits INCLUDING overseas was equal to the Krrish business for all these weeks; and then he went on to say the saaaaaaaaaaame thing on bollywood tonite a show on zee music

but wait; my bad..i am surreee komal nahta is a paid critic as well; i mean what does he know; forget that he's been in this business for a long time;forget that

I watched krrish once whereas i ve watched spiderman 1 & 2 like quite a few times;and like jp said above SRK is the king of my bwood experience as well;and who cares about critics as long as KJo laughs all the way to the bank; i'm sorry but there are some people who like the foreign locales; who loovee great picturisations; who loove grandeur and who loove movies like kkhh; khnh; and K3G;and the reason i said kjo celebrates bwood and thats what certain people might like is because one can watch BETTER hollywood films instead of koi mil gaya; one can watch wedding crashers or just married instead of phir hera pheri or hulchul;meet the parents; one can watch a James Bond film in place of Dhoom; one can watch united 93 instead of fanaa;and of course one can watch the oscar award winning original the Godfather trilogy instead os sarkar;

plus i know loads of people who will watch DHOOM 2 just because it is a sequel to the verrrryyy successful dhoom and has baby B; heck neither my chacha nor my pa knew that HR were in dhoom 2 but my i remember my uncle saying that dhoom was coming up with a sequel whenever he heard the dhoom machale song on radio and saying that the junior B was a good actor

insouciance thumbnail
Sheen,Kank might do whopping  business,and KJo will laugh his way to the bank as always...But,more than just watching a movie,what's more important is the satisfaction😉🤔....Many are not happy about KANK,they're bitching about it..Whereas none bitched about KKHH or KHNH...😃

Originally posted by: Legallyblonde21

who cares about critics as long as KJo laughs all the way to the bank

Precisely,......no one cares about the critics,but shouldnt the film-makers care about the audience ❓😃 .....I mean,the critics panned fanaa,whereas the audience loved it(including me😳)....isnt that more important...I mean,KANK got back all its money only because of the hype and curiosity..whereas a not so hyped RDB did business because people loved it.... 😃 .Whatever,KJo might shout from the rooftops that he's matured,but the fact is that he's yet as juvenile as he was,and he has never been married😛,and thus made a mockey of the institution...you know what😛,.perhaps after a few years,he'd make a movie about the importance of marriage,and then say that"When I made KANK,I was only 32..Now that I'm 40,I know the importance of marriage 😕

Edited by Buffie - 17 years ago