Laagi Tujhse Lagan

Films over television for Pavan Malhotra

Nakusha thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

The writer has posted comments on this articleTanvi TrivediTanvi Trivedi, TNN | Jul 31, 2013, 12.00 AM IST
Pavan Malhotra More Pics
Actor Pavan Malhotra, who has been delivering noteworthy performances in films like 'Ek Thi Daayan' and more recently, 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag', had debuted with television show 'Nukkad' (1986).

However, TV doesn't seem to be Pavan's priority any more. He was last seen in Laagi Tujhse Lagan on the small screen. But of course, there is a reason why he has chosen to be seen less on the idiot box. Says he, "Today, content on TV is not dependent on quality. It is dependent on eyeballs and the makers can only give what people want to watch."

He laments that the days of quality serials like Nukkad and Intezaar are long gone. "There could be a recall value attached to those shows because they had great scripts, talented makers and good actors, but there was no money in those days. Today, TV is so huge and it has such a massive reach. In fact, many top B-Town people are involved in TV projects."

Is he interested in doing a telly show and he says, "If it's a good role, why not? But if there is a parallel good role in a film, I will choose that because you can't deny the magic of an audience glued to a product for two-and-a-half hours, giving it their undivided attention. TV can never do that."
Share your views

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-bharti- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Hey Express
Sorry couldnt chk your post earler, was a tad under weather πŸ˜³
I am a big fan of pavan malhothra ever since his morey stint.  He,s a character actor.  One has to see to believe the wide range of roles he,s successfully carried off in movies or serials not to forget ads.  The sad part is Such actors never get their due.  For that matter even i had failed to notice this powerhouse of talent until LTL happened.  
Have to agree with his lament on the current quality of tv entertainment which is aimed only at numbers than content.  But a tad disappointed he didnt have anything to say about laagi, just a wee bit,  ofcourse he wouldnt have chosen to do it unless he was convinced im sure πŸ˜‰
But i respectfully disagree with his last part of the comment where he says the magic of a two n half hrs movie magic is greater than any tv show,  its relative..    A well made tv show,s magic lasts longer n touches a much larger audience one can ever imagine. 
Thank you naku for this interesting piece of news  πŸ˜Š
twinkle-star thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Hi NakuπŸ€—
Wow...Interesting news dear...Enjoyed it..I'm also a fan of Pavan Malhotra ka Moorey ❀️.Thanks a lot for sharing it dear...So sweet of youπŸ€—

twinkle-star thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: -bharti-

Hey Express

I am a big fan of pavan malhothra ever since his morey stint.  He,s a character actor.  One has to see to believe the wide range of roles he,s successfully carried off in movies or serials not to forget ads.  The sad part is Such actors never get their due.  For that matter even i had failed to notice this powerhouse of talent until LTL happened.  
Have to agree with his lament on the current quality of tv entertainment which is aimed only at numbers than content.  But a tad disappointed he didnt have anything to say about laagi, just a wee bit,  ofcourse he wouldnt have chosen to do it unless he was convinced im sure πŸ˜‰
But i respectfully disagree with his last part of the comment where he says the magic of a two n half hrs movie magic is greater than any tv show,  its relative..    A well made tv show,s magic lasts longer n touches a much larger audience one can ever imagine. 

Hi BhartiπŸ€—
Word dear πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ...Completely  agree with youπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ...Yeah!!!...A good show's ( Like our LTL1) magic lasts longer & touches lots of persons ka heart......BTW what happened to you dear?????..Hope you feel better now...Take care dearπŸ€—πŸ€—

aishwish thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
He has a point...that's a main reason behind Mishal's absence as well!!
thanks for sharing!!
mirage123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
hi naku
thanxs for sharing...pavan is good actor...he was excellent in LTL...good roles like LTL are very few...wish he gets good work 😊
Nakusha thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: -bharti-

Hey Express

hi maal
hope u r feeling better...😊always pleasure to read ur comment..take good care of urself
sona89 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
wish somebody plan LTL type serial again cast pavan ...rest of cast...first month i watched it only for pavan ...found him quite entertaining