I have enough potential....Shweta Kawatra

angel_86 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
I have enough potential to play a vamp or a lead role

Shweta Kawatra, TV actress

How does the AIAC excellence award contribute to your development as an actor?

This is my third consecutive award. I think such awards are really helpful to analyse oneself. At the same time they serve as a medium to evaluate public response to our performance.

What do you think about your role in the TV soap Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki?

The role of Pallavi in the serial is very challenging. I am playing a vamp in the serial and the best part is that my character is highly appreciated. It is that facet of human instinct which is present in everyone. It's just that sometimes it is dormant and sometimes it is highlighted.

Don't you feel caught up in the negative image of yours?

Well, it is partially true. People think that I can't counter this image and it is a part of my own self. But given other roles, I feel that I can prove my potential in any given area - be it a vamp or a lead role.

What do you like about Delhi the most?

I have been a pukka Delhiite since my childhood. The best thing I like about the city is its food and its people. I love the whole lot of tangy and spicy delicacies you get here.

Any plans to shift to the big-screen?

I intend to do so. Actually the roles that are being offered are stereotypical and very close to what I have done in KGGK. I don't want to work within a fixed image. I think I have tremendous potential. The size of the role doesn't really matter to me. What matters is its quality.

Has Pallavi's character in any way affected your personal life?

Not at all, it is just that people are a little scared of my brutish role. Once I was passing by and a child recognised me as Pallavi and he wanted to shake hands with me, but before doing that she asked her mom, "Aunty maaregi to nahi?". I felt a little bad but that's the price for being popular.

Your future plans?

I would like to experiment with various roles. I can't think of getting married right now, it's the most ripe phase of my career and I want to work as hard as possible.

-Neha Sharma

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Xx..£uvñëët..xX thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago
Thanku! 😊 and welcome to IF