Ekta-Abhishek fallout over Katrina-SSR starrer

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
Ekta-Abhishek fallout over Great Expectations

Hiren Kotwani

Cousins Ekta Kapoor and Abhishek Kapoor, who were to collaborate on the Bollywood adaptation of Charles Dickens' classic Great Expectations, have had a fallout. Talk in the trade circuit is that due to disagreements over budget and profit-sharing, Ekta will not be producing Fitoor, Abhishek's next directorial venture featuring Sushant Singh Rajput and Katrina Kaif.
   It is indicated that Ekta felt that the cost of production that Abhishek had quoted was high. What's more, he had reportedly asked for an additional 10-15% during the production stage as it's a period subject and some costs could escalate while filming. "Also, Gattu (as Abhishek is called by family and friends) asked Ekta for an equal share in the profit," says our source, adding that the producer suggested that they rope in another production partner. However, the director declined the idea as that would decrease their share of profit. "Bringing in a third party in the venture would automatically see their profit go down as another producer would demand his share, which would have to be compensated from Ekta's and Abhishek's share," says our source.
   Last heard, Ekta had let Abhishek approach another corporate to back his 'great expectations'.
   Incidentally, it was after six years since he turned director and had two hits (Rock On and Kai Po Che) in his kitty, that Abhishek was teaming up with producer-cousin Ekta. Last year, Bombay Times had reported about the cousins collaborating for an intense love story.
   While Abhishek didn't respond to our messages, Ekta replied saying, "Gattu's my brother! We will work together some other time. I wish him all the best. But as a company we have to take some hard decisions. We hope we get to collaborate in the future."
Source

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Katrina opposite Sushant πŸ˜²

Ye kaise ho gya????

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
^^^Desperate times call for desperate measures. πŸ˜†
nikitagmc thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Poori businesswoman hai Ekta! Even for Tusshar, though she keeps casting him in her films, she doesn't take him in lead roles (except KSKHH cos it was a sequel)

Abhishek will go to UTV now I guess, they had asked him to make a second film for their PH after KPC. Hope the film doesn't get too delayed. Sushant has to start DBB from Jan.
MostlyHarmIess thumbnail

Originally posted by: MrsMalhotra

^^^Desperate times call for desperate measures. πŸ˜†

I dont think she will take such measures

The minute Katrina stops getting Bigbudget films with A listers she will pack her bags and go away

Its not like she cares for the acting part

stranger.67 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: BeShArAm

I dont think she will take such measures

The minute Katrina stops getting Bigbudget films with A listers she will pack her bags and go away

Its not like she cares for the acting part

Her buddy Po*n producer waiting for her back home...πŸ˜† πŸ˜† Desi shuddh tere kam ke nahin Katrina turquotte come back to ur jathπŸ˜†
MostlyHarmIess thumbnail

Originally posted by: J3SANGEL

Her buddy Po*n producer waiting for her back home...πŸ˜† πŸ˜† Desi shuddh tere kam ke nahin Katrina turquotte come back to ur jathπŸ˜†

Terko badi knowledge hai πŸ˜‰

Mujhe to terpe ab shaq hone lga hai...

stranger.67 thumbnail
Shaq he rehna chayiye hai!!! Babu moshai!
MostlyHarmIess thumbnail

Originally posted by: J3SANGEL

Shaq he rehna chayiye hai!!! Babu moshai!

πŸ˜†

Kyun Katrina se inspire ho gyi???

Mystery bana ke rakhegi apne baare me

stranger.67 thumbnail

Originally posted by: BeShArAm

πŸ˜†

Kyun Katrina se inspire ho gyi???

Mystery bana ke rakhegi apne baare me

Haila!😳 Tere ko mere dil ki kone kone ki baat ka pata hai!!!πŸ˜‰
Jitne mystery utne passionate utni sexy utne attractive utna uthlawa utni bechaini...uff!!! adayein koot koot ke bare hote hai!!!! But difference ussmein aur mujhe mein mere andher aur bahir expressions bari huyi hai🀣