Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jaishankar thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
One thing I would like to mention that eventually this sacrifice or whatever you can call it would have been worthless had Savita's truth was not heard by Teju or Savita's truth not exposed.
Nobody in the family would have exactly accepted Archu and Arman would have been very awkward with each other not  knowing what to do.
So giving Archu her family back as a deal would not have bear the fruits as per the thought.
Hence I mentioned in other thread where there was comparison between Arman-Shravani angle and the young generation trio that Arman sacrificed knowing the consequences and future repercussions whereas the younger lot decision was at the spur of moment which caused them.
All I can say is Ekta and her logic are a mystery I believe even she cant understand.
Edited by Jaishankar - 10 years ago
MidnightRambler thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
LOL you guys call Ovi possessive but then go around to claim that Purvi OWNS Arjun. 🤣 What a joke! Yes, I agree that Arjun loves Purvi but she does NOT own him either that she can trade him for her mother's happiness.

How about this?! NOBODY owns Arjun. Arjun is an adult with a functioning brain (though I doubt this considering how he blindly agrees to Purvi). How about we give Arjun some responsibility in all the mess created? Arjun was never firm with Purvi and gave into her senseless whims and demands. Please give him some responsibility. He is not a bottle feeding child who isn't capable of making his own decisions. Had he not listened to Purvi's incessant whining, he would not be in the position he is right now.

He is a businessman right? He used to be so calm and collected. He should have seen how Purvi was being emotional and over-dramatic and absolutely decline to marry Ovi. He could have dealt with Purvi more calmly. Now THAT would have earned him respect...at least from me.

Arjun has made his OWN choices from the beginning. He was never in a position that he was physically threatened or held at gun force to make the terrible decisions he has continued to make. You say he was "emotionally coerced" into get engaged to Ovi. I respect your opinion but I have to disagree. Arjun was never forced by anyone to do anything.

In Canada, he agreed to marry Ovi, fell in love with Purvi and kept the truth from BOTH OF THEM. How can anyone justify this?! Especially at that point, Arjun was a two-timing cheater. He didn't even have the guts to call Ovi and tell her he found someone else or he doesn't want to marry her. But instead, HE SENT HER A PRESENT. You found someone else you claim to truly love while you agreed to marry someone else, TELL THEM. Is this not misleading Ovi?! You call Arjun a victim. I call him a coward.
Edited by ChemistryMajor - 10 years ago
nicegirl_good thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Look, I think Arjun was okay till he started running after Purvi again 🤢
I mean what sort of a person doesn't even feel BAD about their ruined marriage
When Purvi was crying about her marriage and I called her nautanki, her fans said she would definitely feel bad because it's her MARRIAGE
So why didn't arjun feeel bad? Why was he busy hiring a detective 🤣
See at the end of the day, all of these characters are VERY selfish
A selfless Purvi would ideally have thought of better ways to reveal the truth so her mom can get her family back
A selfless Arjun would have felt bad at least after romancing with Ovi that night 😕 He would beg her. he would do whatever it takes to convince her but at the back of his mind he always had purvi
Which is fine, but then WHY pretend to be a saint? 
Ovi is selfish, and that's fine, I mean in a real world how many times do you see people caring about others 😕
A selfless Archana would not go to the deshmukh house but stay with Purvi
A selfless Manav would immediately do whatever it takes for Ovi to annul the marriage 
If they stopped romancing then and actually thought of ovi if not purvi, then today she would be much happier 
a selfless soham is good for nothing but only to suck up to Purvi 
And Onir, instead of sitting in Mumbai he would go elsewhere and divorce Purvi RIGHT AWAY

MidnightRambler thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: sharadrocks

There has been much debate on sacrifices made in this show!

Like someone had mentioned in another post, sacrifice involves giving up what is yours!

Going by that yardstick, I don't think Ovi's present act of leaving Arjun can be called sacrifice. Ovi left because she realized that Arjun would never be hers heart and soul. They may have possessed each other in body but in heart, he remained distant from her. Her walking out on Arjun was an admission of the failure that her marriage was. Her walking out was an act of self preservation. She wanted to be free of a toxic relationship and move on in life. Let us not demean a sensible move on Ovi's part by calling it sacrifice. Let us instead applaud her of waking up to the reality of her wrecked marriage.

On Purvi, I suppose, irrespective of whether you like it or not, one will have to admit that she gave up Arjun to Ovi for the sake of Archana. She wilfully destroyed her own life and Arjun's too in the process. It was a wrong and a stupid thing to do but yes, it does qualify as a sacrifice. That it only ended up wrecking three lives, that nobody really benefited, that a child was conceived and lost for no reason, that another child ended being labelled illegitimate by society, all of these are consequences of the act! But all of this does not take away from the fact that Purvi gave up what was her own. The argument that Arjun and Ovi were engaged earlier does not hold simply because, Arjun's choice was not made freely. He felt emotionally coerced into it and rectified it by making it clear that it was Purvi that he wanted to marry. He effectively announced that he belonged to Purvi. That he should have done this even before getting engaged to Ovi is another story. it still solidifies Purvi's position as the person who owned Arjun's affections. So, she alone could make the sacrifice of giving it up which she did.

Arjun sacrificed his love for Purvi when he went along with her stupid decision to barter their love for Archana's happiness. He sacrificed his own happiness in the process. I am sorry to say this but sleeping with a woman you don't really want heart of hearts is also a twisted kind of sacrifice, he did this again for Purvi. Yes, he may have derived physical pleasure out of the act but the fact is, it Imwas not what he wanted for himself in the first place. Bound by his promise to Purvi and the ties of matrimony, he took his relationship to another level with Ovi. 

The point then is that you can only give up yours to give. I hold Purvi the greatest villain in this for one reason. She had the right to give up her happiness but did she have the right to give up the right of her child? Even before it was born, she took away from it the right to its legitimate father. She walked away without a thought to the future of the child.

For me, this is Purvi's greatest crime! Wilfully compromising on Pari's rights, without a thought to her future! In her desperation to safeguard her motehr's happiness, she bargained away her daughter's future. 

Anyway, to sum it up, I think somebody should get a restraining order against Ekta with regard to the use of sacrifice in her shows. She has overused and misused it to a point where it is now simply unbearable. So please, erase Sacrifice from Ekta's soap dictionary!

P.s - Personally, I think human beings are not objects to be owned and given away at will. It sort of demeans relationships when you barter human beings thus. I really wish this commodification of human relationships stops on TV shows!

Oh yes, POOR LITTLE ARJUN had to sleep with BIG BAD OVI. Give me a break! It takes two to tango! He sleeps with Ovi and you consider this "out of love for Purvi"? Yes his love for Purvi was so pure that he had to go sleep with Ovi to prove his love for her. This sounds so twisted. Yeah, what a sacrifice he made!

And if you do believe this then does that not make Purvi the same as Ovi? If Ovi is the worst for "emotionally coercing" him to marry her, then isn't Purvi just as bad for forcing him to sleep with Ovi.

What about the time before Ovi left for Canada and they were in the rain and then he slept with her again?? Was he a victim of Ovi then too? Did Ovi force him to sleep with her? Or was it out of love and promises to Purvi? No he was and is an adult and CHOSE to sleep with Ovi out of his OWN free will.

Look, I am not saying Ovi was right. She was VERY wrong. However, we also need to give responsibility to Arjun, THE GROWN MAN. He CHOSE to sleep with Ovi. He CHOSE stay married to her after Ovi wanted out 1 month later. He CHOSE to create a baby. And he CHOSE to sleep with her again! He keeps making mistakes and poor decisions yet he is absolved of any responsibility because he is perceived as the victim of Purvi and Ovi.
Edited by ChemistryMajor - 10 years ago
cs-07 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
love your posts chemistry major..
he is a cheater and a scum
sharadrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
@chemistrymajor

Have I held brief for any of the characters or justified any of their actions? I have merely offered my perspective on the thought behind their actions. I have not commented on the consequences or the rightness of it. You are welcome to have your own opinions of all of them. I choose not to react to them because that is not the point of the post.

Only one thing, I genuinely don't think sleeping with one woman and loving another are such impossibilities, The human body responds to physical stimuli, be they men or women. Where it is backed by emotion, it becomes lovemaking and where it is not, it remains sex. Arjun, by his own admission, does not love Ovi. He feels nothing more than affection for her. I am sure you have also heard of the term friends with benefits. In this case, they are also bound by marriage for reasons of their own. So, Sleeping with Ovi has nothing to do with his love for Purvi. It might sound disgusting even to you but unforutnately, human emotions and impulses are not as sanitized as we think!

P.S - What do you think cowardice is? Is it some great quality to be admired, it is the lack of will that pushes you into being unable to take the right step? Arjun's emotional weakness to Ovi and her family and his inability to face up to the truth and its consequences were the reason why he did not tell Ovi. It was extremely reprehensible on his part. But he did not do it with the intention to cheat and have the best of both worlds. Whatever, this is just semantics. I dont' think Arjun is a warrior either. He is emotionally weak as can be seen! But I do not feel the need to nurse any great contempt towards him for the same. Nor do I feel the need to admire him. He is just another flawed character.
Edited by sharadrocks - 10 years ago
relentless. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

@chemistrymajor

Have I held brief for any of the characters or justified any of their actions? I have merely offered my perspective on the thought behind their actions. I have not commented on the consequences or the rightness of it. You are welcome to have your own opinions of all of them. I choose not to react to them because that is not the point of the post.

Only one thing, I genuinely don't think sleeping with one woman and loving another are such impossibilities, The human body responds to physical stimuli, be they men or women. Where it is backed by emotion, it becomes lovemaking and where it is not, it remains sex. Arjun, by his own admission, does not love Ovi. He feels nothing more than affection for her. I am sure you have also heard of the term friends with benefits. In this case, they are also bound by marriage for reasons of their own. So, Sleeping with Ovi has nothing to do with his love for Purvi. It might sound disgusting even to you but unforutnately, human emotions and impulses are not as sanitized as we think!

SUPERB 👏
nicegirl_good thumbnail

@chemistrymajor

Agreed one can love someone and sleep with someone else. But in the case of arvi you have to think of the circumstances first . I think most of us have a problem with how Arjun could still tell ovi during their 1st month anniversary that he will always love purvi instead of consummating with her and giving her false hopes. Arjun, like me believes love only happens once but then why would he pretend to give his love to ovi when all the while it was for purvi ? What gives him or purvi the right to knowingly destroy her life. Purvi knowingly destroyed her life , she could speak up when there was the chance but she didn't she instead ruined everything. See I have a problem with purvi thinking of her sister more than her baby . I mean for a mom isn't that the ONLY priority ? Her baby ? If their paths never crossed so pari would know onir as her dad now right ? What gives purvi the right to keep pari away from her father ? What gives her the right to endanger her life by going to a different city, living alone etc 
I don't think physical wants are an excuse in this case since Arjun would never even touch purvi if she told him to . It's just his emotional weakness that he can't speak up. 
sharadrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
@ilovedhanjanird

I did not say physical want was what drove him into Ovi's arms. All I said was his love for Purvi does not cease to exist because he sleeps with Ovi or vice versa. I agree with you that Arjun's problem is he is emotionally weak. He finds it difficult to hurt people he cares for upfront but anyway, ends up hurting them in the long run. He is a confused, weak man.

Believe me, I have no great respect for such a man. I just don't see the need to hate him. Understanding his motives and justifying his actions are two different things. I was merely doing the former.

If you ask me, at this point in time, Arjun and Ovi are better people because they have faced up to their mistakes and are trying to rectify them. Purvi is still living in the bubble that is her family's bhalai. She is toying with ARJUN's emotions one again and seems not to be thinking enough about her daughter's future and her interests. My biggest problem with Purvi currently is that she is putting the world ahead of her daughter. This is abnormal because any mother would put her children ahead of the world. If you can't responsibility for the welfare of the one you have brought into this world, your commitment to the welfare of the world seems hollow!

Ovi is an adult at the end of the day. And she has been a party to the deal. In my opinion, the person whom Purvi has betrayed the most is Pari. As a foetus and an infant, it is her mother's responsibility to protect her rights. Purvi has the right to place Archana's happiness above her own but does she have the right to deny Pari her rights? This is my biggest grouse with the character!

Edited by sharadrocks - 10 years ago
nicegirl_good thumbnail

@ilovedhanjanird

I did not say physical want was what drove him into Ovi's arms. All I said was his love for Purvi does not cease to exist because he sleeps with Ovi or vice versa. I agree with you that Arjun's problem is he is emotionally weak. He finds it difficult to hurt people he cares for upfront but anyway, ends up hurting them in the long run. He is a confused, weak man.

Believe me, I have no great respect for such a man. I just don't see the need to hate him. Understanding his motives and justifying his actions are two different things. I was merely doing the former.

If you ask me, at this point in time, Arjun and Ovi are better people because they have faced up to their mistakes and are trying to rectify them. Purvi is still living in the bubble that is her family's bhalai. She is toying with ARJUN's emotions one again and seems not to be thinking enough about her daughter's future and her interests. My biggest problem with Purvi currently is that she is putting the world ahead of her daughter. This is abnormal because any mother would put her children ahead of the world. If you can't responsibility for the welfare of the one you have brought into this world, your commitment to the welfare of the world seems hollow!

Ovi is an adult at the end if the day. And she has been a party to the deal. In my opinion, the person whom Purvi has betrayed the most is Pari. As a foetus and an infant, it is her motehr's responsibility to protect her rights. Purvi has the right to place Archana's happiness above her own but does she have the right to deny Pari her rights? This is my biggest grouse with the character!

Exactly what I'm saying she has no right to ruin pari's life. For her poor pari has been thrown around like a doll , I just hope pari doesn't turn out like her