Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
u were ol9 nd hadnt updated it
m so heartbroken :'(
morning_dews thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Vibha???
U gonna continue with this or is it stopped mid-way...!?!?!?

Plzzz update soon
...vibha... thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

PART 25:

THE NEXT ONE YEAR:

ARJUN IN THE US:

After Arjun realized what and whom he was really missing, he decided to go to India for summer after all. He called the Ford Motor Co regarding his summer job, but was pleasantly surprised to find out that they were really keen on him joining this summer.

"Mr Singhania...we are very impressed with some of the designs you have come up with. In fact these energy efficient cars would be ideal for a country like India. We are really looking forward to working with you this summer, and hopefully train you well so when you eventually move back to India, you could lead this program at our new facility in Gurgaon. But if you need to go to India for personal reasons, we will understand. There are a few other candidates for this summer job."

That was too attractive a carrot that they dangled in front of him. How could he miss out on this opportunity of a life time? Arohi and his family would understand, he thought, "waise bhi Arohi abhi college mein busy hogi...main jaaoonga tho aur distract ho jaayegi...ek saal baad hi mil loonga us sey...wo waise bhi Patiala chhod kar kahan jaayegi?" he reasoned with himself

"Well sir...I accept your offer, my personal issues can certainly wait another year," Arjun had made his decision.

So, Arjun worked all summer at the world renowned Ford Motor facility near Detroit. Most of the other students had decided to go back home for at least part of their summer break, but Arjun wanted to make the best use of his summer employment. He learnt a lot and easily impressed a lot of his managers.

"You have a great future Mr Singhania."

"You are the ideal choice for this project in India."

"India would be lucky to have a sharp mind like yours."

Arjun's ego could not have asked for much more. He had dreamt to do something like this all life, "aaj sach much mere sapne poore hote nazar aa rahe hain," he thought.

Arjun decided to call Arohi one day, "theek hai Arohi...tu naaraaz hai tho main hi phone karta hoon."

"This phone has been disconnected!" he heard the message on the other line.

"Disconnected? Matlab?" he called home, "Papa? Main Arjun...yeh Gupta uncle ka phone disconnect kyun ho gaya?"

Rudra had no answer; he hesitated, but Naina snatched the phone from him, "arre puttar? Badhe dino baad yaad kiya humein? Sab theek hai na?"

"Haan mama...bas summer job mein busy tha...par yeh Arohi ka phone disconnect kyun ho gaya?" he asked.

"Arre puttar kya bataaoon? Aaj kal phones saare kharaab padhe hain...hamara bhi aaj hi theek hua hai...itni monsoon tho kabhie nahin dekhi," she lied through her teeth.

"Oh! Aap Arohi ko bula sakti hain? Main us se baat karna chaahta hoon...main hold kar loonga," he said anxiously. His heart beat rapidly in anxious anticipation of hearing her voice after a long time. Naina pretended she had gone to call Arohi, "abhi hold kar puttar."

Naina went to her room and adjusted her hair and sari as she was on her way out to a party. She came back after a few minutes, "puttar...wo bahar apni doston ke saath picture dekhne gayi hai...Shashank Bhaisaheb bhi kahin bahar gaye hain," she lied again.

Arjun sighed, "theek hai mama...jab aap us se miley, tho keh dena maine phone kiya tha...please us se keh dena ki main usey aaj kal bahut miss kar raha hoon," he blushed a little and hung up.

Naina reassured him but before hanging up, "suno jee," she called Rudra, 'lagta hai hamare puttar ki matth maari gayi hai phir...aaj kitne dino baad phir Arohi ke baare mein poonch raha tha...soch rahi hoon usey keh doon ki Arohi ki shaadi ho gayi aur kahin door chali gayi hai...phir saara jhanjhat hi khatam ho jaayega."

"Bhaagwan! Matthi tho teri maari gayi hai...Rahul ki tarah doosra ladka bhi khona hai kya? Abhi usey padhai khatam karne de...jab wapas aayega tab keh denge ki Arohi ki shaadi ho gayi...abhi bataa diya tho kahin wo padhai chhod kar wapas na aa jaaye," Rudra explained.

Arjun thought about calling Rahul and Muskaan on several occasions, but felt ashamed for his behavior on the phone a few months ago. He had gotten really upset with Rahul when he heard that he was planning to elope with Muskaan. Arjun had always mocked at Rahul for being so impatient and desperate to get married. That day, in his usual sarcastic and with his laser sharp tongue, had gotten upset with Rahul. He was probably more upset about not receiving calls from Arohi, and had inadvertently taken out his anger on Rahul. Rahul had resolved to break off all relations with Arjun and his parents that day. Arjun never heard from Rahul again. Now that he had remorse over his unjustified anger, he really wanted to call but decided to mend fences with his brother face to face rather than on the phone.

Shefali came back from India after the break and called Arjun, "Hey Mr Engineer...what about our dinner date?"

"Sure Shefali...I owe you one...let's meet at 8 at Gino's," he replied

AT GINO's:

"So, Arjun how was your summer? Hope you took a break?" Shefali asked once they were seated.

"It was great! I have an excellent offer from Ford...basically I have a great job waiting for me in India after I graduate," he sipped his drink and said proudly.

"What a bore! Well...I should not say that...I am sure you still had a horde of girlfriends every weekend," she smiled

"Actually no," he said softly, "I have to thank you for that."

Shefali's eyes popped wide, 'don't tell me you have fallen for me?"

Arjun laughed, "No way...you are not my type."

Shefali teased him, "Really? Main tho kitni umeedon se aayi thi yahan," she chuckled and then became a little serious, "so you realized that you DO really love her."

Arjun blushed a little, "Yes Shefali...thanks to you...I am really grateful to you for opening my eyes...jab se mujhey yeh ehsaas hua hai ki main Arohi se pyaar karta hoon, mere dil ko bahut sukoon mila hai."

"Aww...ek photo tho dikhao apni sweetheart ki," she asked

"Photo? I don't have a photo...in fact I don't think I have any photos of her even at home," he said

"Tho iska matlab sachha pyaar hai tumhara...uski tasveer tumhare dil mein basi hai...kyun?" she said

Arjun lowered his eyes and smiled, "shayad tum theek kehti ho Shefali...itney saal uske saath raha tho yeh ehsaas nahin hua, lekin ab door reh kar ho raha hai...God I really miss her."

Shefali squeezed his hand, "Good for you Arjun...ab jaldi se usey bhi yeh khush khabri de do kahin wo aur kisi se pyaar na kar baithe."

"Nahin Shefali...she loves me a lot...wo kabhie kisi aur ki nahin banegi," he said confidently.

"How can you be so sure?" Shefali was surprised.

"Because she told me so...she even asked me to get married to her," he said.

"WHAT? WOW! Patiala ki ladkiyan itni forward hoti hain? She actually proposed to you and tum uska dil thod kar yahan aa gaye?" Shefali was appalled.

Arjun looked down guiltily, "shayad iss liye mujhse thodi naaraaz hai...but don't worry, main usey manaa loonga...she has always looked up to me...wo zyaada der mujhse naaraz nahin reh sakti."

"You are a bit presumptuous Arjun...kisi ladki ka toota dil itni aasaani se nahin jodh sakte," Shefali's voice cracked as she said that.

Arjun did not notice the mist in Shefali's eyes; he was too preoccupied thinking about Arohi, "No you are wrong here Shefali...Arohi aisi nahin hai...hum ek doosre ko bahut achhi tarah samajh te hain...main jaanta hoon jab wo mujhey dekhegi tho saara gussa bhool jaayegi."

"Arjun...at least drop in a nice card or something for her...she needs to have some hope," Shefali said

"Nahin Shefali...ab main usey seedha propose hi karoonga...I really want to see that million dollar expression on her face when I ask her to get married to me...she has the brightest smile in this world...and I want to be the first one to see it...iss liye main usey surprise doonga...come on let us order!" he said happily.

"Excuse me...I just need to visit the ladies' room," Shefali got up and walked away. She had tears in her eyes; the conversation with Arjun reminded her of her first heartbreak. It had been years, but she had still not forgotten her first love. Arjun was of course too oblivious of what emotions Shefali was going through while he was dreaming about Arohi.

After dinner, they walked back to their respective apartments. It was raining once again, but this time Arjun was not sad or distressed. The rain fall elevated his spirits; he whistled all the way back as this

song plays in the background:

"Baarish" by "Adnan Sami"

baarish baarish baarish...

baarish ki rim jhim kuchh gaa rahi hai

BETAABI DIL pe mere chha rahi hai

khushbu hawa bhi teri la rahi hai, la rahi hai

arjuno pe sitam dha rahi hai

teri KHABAR na koi aa rahi hai

shama ki roshani bhi ja rahi hai

teri yaad aa rahi hai, aa rahi hai

meri jaan ja rahi hai, ja rahi hai, ja rahi hai

saare nagame, saare MAUSAM, DIL JALAAYE abb toh hardam

milane julane ki majboori dard ban gayi abb yeh DOORI

teri khabar na koi aa rahi hai

rim jhim... baarish... rim jhim...

He dreamt about getting married to Arohi. They would move to Delhi after marriage; he would work at the new Ford facility there, she would take care of him and their household...he would make love to her every night...he sighed as he remembered her lips he had so eagerly kissed...no wonder I was always attracted to her...I have always loved her...since we were kids...kaash pehle yeh ehsaas hota tho uss din uski birthday par rulata nahin...I will make it up to her...we will have at least 3...no 4 kids...meri punjaban kudi...he jumped up in the air just thinking about his life with her...

umidon ke deep jalaaye baitha hoon main khwaab sajaaye

yeh furkat ka ghum tadpaaye, ik lamha bhi chain na aaye

teri KHABAR na koi aa rahi hai

baarish ki rim jhim kuchh gaa rahi hai

betaabi dil pe mere chha rahi hai

khushbu hawa bhi teri la rahi hai, la rahi hai

arjuno pe sitam dha rahi hai

teri khabar na koi aa rahi hai

(teri yaad aa rahi hai, aa rahi hai, aa rahi hai

meri jaan ja rahi hai, ja rahi hai, ja rahi hai) - 4

THE NEXT ONE YEAR IN MUMBAI:

Nidhi continued to work at Prem and Lovely's restaurant day and night. A regular group of customers started visiting the restaurant, not only because of her cooking skills, but also her looks. They would make snide remarks directed at her:

'Punjabi kudi'

'Dekh tho sahi bilkul malai si hai'

'pata hai pehle Naina bai ke *cough*cough* mein bhi kaam karti thi...'

'aaj kal apne Rohan bhai ke saath ghoomti hai...'

'arre sirf ghoomti hi nahin...saath saath rehte bhi hai...aur na jaane kya kya karti hai...'

'Rohan ki tho masti hai...'

Nidhi would try to ignore their comments and continue with her work and serve the customers. Once she complained to Prem and Lovely, but they were helpless, "Nidhi beti...hum logon ka mooh tho bandh nahin kar sakte...aur waise bhi wo regular customer hain...unhey hum naaraaz nahin kar sakte."

Nidhi was getting restless at this restaurant now; the snide and malicious remarks kept escalating as more young men got wind of 'Naina bai's call girl' working at the restaurant. Nidhi was unaware that this rumor mill was started by Amar!

Sid had gotten upset with Amar after Nidhi had escaped their clutches almost a year ago. He had been on the lookout for Amar. Once he got hold of him, he had threatened to kill him and wanted all his money back. Amar had been badly assaulted by Sid's men a few months ago.

Amar decided to avenge his humiliation and through the police station was able to find out about Rohan and Nidhi. Once he found out where Nidhi worked, he started sending the men to the restaurant to harass her.

One day, while Nidhi was returning home after a late night at the restaurant, she thought someone was following her. She hurried through the quiet streets, but the footsteps became louder. She started running as fast as she could, but the footsteps ran as fast as she did. She did not dare to look behind. Her heart was beating rapidly; she had flashbacks of that ill fated night at the train station with Amar and the brothel. She tried to hide behind a pillar and saw the profile of the man following her- IT WAS AMAR!

She fumbled through her purse and found her cell phone. She pressed the one touch dial for Rohan's number and tried to escape again. Suddenly, she felt her braids being pulled by someone.

"Apne pyaare bhaiyya ko chhod kar kahan chal di ?" Amar yelled.

"Chhodo mujhey!" Nidhi tried to pull away, but Amar grabbed her neck, "main tujhey nahin chhodunga...teri wajah se mujhey kitni taqleef sehni padhi hai...chal mere saath...apne pyaare bhaiyya ke saath."

"NAHIN!" she yelled as she winced in pain from her scalp being pulled apart.

As she tried her best to escape, she suddenly felt his grip loosen on her. Nidhi turned around and saw Rohan grab Amar by his collar and punch him to the ground. The two men had quite a scuffle. Finally, Amar was overpowered by the taller and much stronger Rohan. Before Rohan could mince him further, Amar ran away as fast as he could.

Nidhi was trembling with fear. As soon as Amar ran away, she ran and hugged Rohan tightly. She sobbed loudly on his chest as he comforted her. He picked her purse and dupatta from the ground and put his arm around her. Without saying a word, they took a cab and got a ride back home.

Nidhi was still in shock when they reached home. Dadi was worried to see Nidhi's state, "kya hua beta? Aur tere bhi khoon nikal raha hai!" she cleaned Rohan's wounds and prepared some hot dinner for both of them. Shashank walked into the kitchen and was shocked to see Nidhi and Rohan battered and bruised. He hugged both of them and became tearful.

Once they were all settled, Rohan announced, "Nidhi...kal se tum wahan kaam nahin karogi."

"Lekin Rohan...main kaam ke bina kaise..kaise?" she asked

"Beti...koi aur kaam dhoondh lena...teri zindagi zyaada pyaari hai," dadi said. Shashank nodded his head in agreement.

"Nahin dadi...main aisa nahin kar sakti...aakhir iss ghar ka kiraaya...aur daddyji ki dawaaiyan...aur...aur," she did not mention anything about her debt as Shashank was unaware of her sending money to the Singhanias. Nidhi did not mention that it was Amar who had followed her as she did not want Shashank to regress with his progress.

"Nidhi...main tumhari help karoonga...tumhein kahin ghar ke paas ya mere garage ke paas naukri mil jaayegi," Rohan suggested.

Nidhi ran to her room; she was very distraught from the whole incident, scared that Amar had found her, and upset as she did not want to stop working.

Rohan followed her, "Nidhi...Nidhi...kaun tha wo aadmi?"

Nidhi sobbed and looked at him tearfully; she told him about all the harassment and humiliation she had undergone over the last few weeks at the restaurant, and told him about Amar. Rohan was furious; he knew it was hard for a young single girl in Mumbai. As long as Amar was at large, Nidhi's life and safety was in danger. He was even more upset about the harassment she had gone through the last few weeks.

"Nidhi...mujhsey shaadi karogi?" he looked into her eyes and asked directly.

She was shocked, "kya kaha? Shaadi? Lekin...lekin aap mujhse shaadi kyun karna chaahte hain? Sirf is ghatna ki wajah se?"

"Nahin Nidhi! Main tumse pyaar karta hoon...aur chaahta hoon ki tumhein kabhie koi taqleef na ho...kabhie koi tum par ungli na uthaa sake...ek pati ki tarah tumhari raksha kar sakoon...aur tumhein wo saari khushiyan de sakoon, jiski tum haqdaar ho," he held her hand and kissed it, "yeh haath mere haath mein jab tak rahega Nidhi, main tumhara saath kabhie nahin chhodunga...I love you Nidhi...I promise I will keep you happy...aur kisi ki buri nazar tum par nahin padhne doonga," he gazed into her eyes expectantly.

Nidhi was speechless...who could understand the pain of rejection better than her?...She knew Rohan meant every word he just said...just like she had asked someone the same question on her 18th birthday. She saw the same hope...the same expectation...the same anticipation in his eyes as she had from Arjun one day. It had not been easy for her to ask that question that day...and it was probably not easy for Rohan either...what was she going to do???

Guys I know it's quite late but gonna update from now ðŸ˜›...didn't pm anyone do check :)

aurpatel thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hey vibha ..its me pooja/smiley ...I just couldn't wait so read kyph part ...this ff is definitely a masterpiece ...guys do read it I m sure it will bring happy tears in ur eyes at d end
MyshaAlvi007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
dis tym m nt going to high my hopes nd nt going to addicted wid it...though i was waiting impatiently 4 it :P
bcuz all d tym u brk my heart lyk arjun does to arohi ;)
punam2712 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
arjun is eagerly waiting for the day when he will meet arohi
and rohsn has proposed to nidhi - she knows the pain of heartbreak
will she break rohan's heart
morning_dews thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Oh mamma..finally...!!!
Great update...!!!
Shefali n heart break...!!!?? 
Rohan, my sweeto... I knw Arohi is for Arjun, still I want them to be together...! :P <3
Loved the update...
kritz4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
tnx for the update after long 
automobiles thumbnail
i analysis her all performs and they are concepts blowing this tale is very unique and interesting too.