sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 17 years ago

Hatim's on a break

Actor Raahil Azim takes a break from his current serial Saarthi to focus on his new role in Resham Dankh

A L Chougule

Raahil Azim who became popular with his role of Hatim in the serial of the same name, will now be seen in Resham Dankh, that goes on air on Aug 13 on Star One.

The actor is hoping for bigger success with Resham Dankh. "The script is fabulous and the role is good," says Raahil who has taken a three-month break from his afternoon serial Saarthi to focus on his new role.

"I wanted to take my mind off Saarthi, at least during the initial period of shooting for Resham Dankh so that I could focus on my new show," he says.

The new serial deals with a family where the arrival of a child leads to several changes. "I play a business tycoon who dearly loves his son, who was conceived seven years after marriage. The serial has a lot of thrill, suspense and drama. I am confident Resham Dankh will be the best serial of my career," he says.

For Raahil, it was his childhood dream to become an actor. But he was forced to complete his engineering education first. That done, Raahil moved from Bangalore to Mumbai in search of a good role. "I was convinced of my success. I have proved it in my four-year career. From lover-boy to obsessive husband, positive and negative characters, I have done it all," he says.

But it was Achanak - 36 Saal Baad that turned out to be the best training ground for him. In that serial, Raahil worked with Mouli Ganguly. "She helped me a lot. We became very good friends. I am happy that we are working together again in Resham Dankh," he says.