Rubina Dilaik quits Punar Vivaah Ek Nayi Umeed!

ashna26 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago

Rubina Dilaik quits Punar Vivaah Ek Nayi Umeed!

Despite being the main lead of the show not getting enough prominence and screen space, made Rubina Dilaik take the decision of quitting the show...

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 | 7:02:12 PM IST (+05:30 GMT) | Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz | 11 Comments | 787 Views

Rubina Dilaik, who is currently seen in Punar Vivaah Ek Nayi Umeed on Zee TV is all set to bid adieu to the show.

Our source informed us that Rubina Dilaik who was till now seen as the main lead of the show Punar Vivaah has quit the show.

Regarding the same, we got in touch with Rubina and the actress says, "I just had a meeting with my production house. Since day one, the show and my role didn't shape the way it was narrated to me. Even today, they are saying we don't know how to place Divya in the show for the next 15-20 days. I was unaware of the fact that the writers are playing with the story based on the TRPs."

The actress also went on to say, "I'm not a person who works on TRPs; instead I'm a person of commitment. For me, TRPs are just momentary. If I commit my time to a show, then I think my time should be utilized productively, which did not happen."

"The show was narrated to me as being Divya's show, a show of a television actress whose real life love story was to be depicted on the screen. However, after a week, things did not seem the way it was assured to me. Recently, I was even kept out of the Maha-Sangam episode yet I was promoting the show from my end."

When asked if Rubina had any issues with the channel, she says, "I have a long association with the channel and the channel has always paved a way for my entry into the show, as well kept me in the forefront when it came to marketing and promoting the show. The channel was always keen on having me in the show and I really thank them for it but somewhere down the line, the writers could not put me in the correct place of the story. Even though it is said that the story has to revolve around me, I'm not considered a part of the show since it has been more than 17 days that I have shot for it which is very contradictory."

Not being given enough prominence to her as was promised, prompted the actress to take a final decision over it and she finally decided to move out of the show. On quitting the show, she says, "Being a responsible actor I realized it and I cannot let down my fans by just sharing a screen space for just 1-2 minutes. Being aware of what my fans expect from me, I cannot simply fake or fool them. So finally I had to put down my foot and quit the show."

About the sudden decision that the actress has taken, Rubina says, "I'm sad with the fact that the production house has mutually agreed with me when I want to quit the show but the channel is still not aware of it, so I thought it is my responsibility to inform the channel since I feel that if the writers are not clear I cannot keep hanging around for months. Latest by Monday, they will send my termination letter to me."

Having no hard feelings for the production house, Rubina concluded saying, "Nevertheless, it is the best production house I have worked with so far. They are very humble people and I really appreciate the fact that they called me for a meeting and things got mutually settled."

Well, this will surely come as a shock to her fans but we are sure Rubina will bounce back again soon!

Good article. All the best Rubina.

Edited by ashna26 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

soapwatcher1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Glad she took that decision, if it is right for her then all the better. She is a talented actress and there will be no dearth of offers. The writers of PV2 can also move forward with the story without being obligated to change the plot for her sake. So good all the way around, will miss Rubina on this show but hope to see her soon in another.
Afss_94 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
So it is the PH. I always had a feelings that Zee wants her but PH doesn't. And how can a PH say that they have no idea how to place Divya in the story? The dumbest PH I have ever seen. And the sad thing they showed cold shoulder to Rubina. I have never seen any PH lets their important actress go that easily. Still Rubina was professional. She even went Indore to promote the show. It is clear from her saying that she was used as a promotion media. And I must say I respect her even more now. She is a true professional. Will always support u Rubina.
Ami25 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
I am Glad she did. because she is a very fine actress and doest need to sell her talent any less. She will come back soon in some other way or form. PV 2 Sucks and I am not going to watch it from now onwards - ðŸ˜¡
seema12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Quit watching this show about 2 wks ago where  woman are degraded --virginity test ðŸ˜¡ where the the main lead after 10 yrs for waiting for his beloved suddenly changes within a month --wah wah what a story this PH is telling 
Sad for the remaining actors --hope for their sake the story improves 
-Serene.Rose- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
 rubi ne sahi kia... will miss her!
chocolate_boy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Zee has indeed used Rubina's star power for the show and now they gave her no role in the show, this is a very good step indeed. Proud of you Rubina.
Swetha-Sai thumbnail
Will miss Rubina on-screen... 😒
stacyellowz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
sigh. all d best in d future rubi!

TFS
goolab thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Good ruby you quit the stupid show and stupid story