Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra to work on third film with

ForeverSHINee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra to work on third film with Sonam Kapoor!

Friday, Jul 12, 2013, 7:52 IST | Agency: DNA

Rakeysh Mehra wants her in his next; says she is destined for big things.

Sonam Kapoor has been directed by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra twice now —Delhi 6 and Bhaag Milkha Bhaag (which releases today). However, she didn't have much to do in both the films, where the protagonists were the male actors Abhishek Bachchan and Farhan Akhtar respectively.

Both the films didn't offer substantial space to Sonam to display her chops as an actress, and the director wants to change that in their third film together which is a period love-story Mirza Sahiban. And this time Sonam would have a lot more to do. "We're working on the script, trying to polish it as much as we can. But yes, that's my next one," says Rakeysh.

Speaking from Dubai, Rakeysh says, "Sonam, like everyone else got associated with Bhaag Milkha Bhaag because she believed in it. I mean, look at the man. 

We grew up reading about Milkha Singh. Stories about him are part of folklore. 
Sonam knew it was not a lengthy role. But she knew her role would have an impact."

Director-turned actor!

Director Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra is a closet-actor. In Bhaag Milkha Bhaag, when Milkha Singh, played by Farhan Akhtar, flies on a plane for the first time Rakeysh plays the captain of the flight crew who has to come out of the cockpit to pacify him. Laughs Rakeysh, "Nobody noticed but I was also in the last scene of Rang De Basanti as young Bhagat Singh's father."