Simple bags a Pak

sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 17 years ago
Simple bags a Pak
However, the actor is still miffed at being
ousted from 'Twinkle Beauty Parlour'
Chaitanya Padukone
Actor Simple Kaul, who was recently seen in 'Twinkle Beauty Parlour' (SAB) as the sophisticated but arrogant Sameera, is currently shooting in Dubai for a Pakistani TV serial. Titled 'Barsaat Ki Ek Raat', the show has her playing a negative role.
Though excited about this career move, Simple still can't get over what she calls the "grossly unfair treatment" meted out by the channel to the cast of 'Twinkle Beauty Parlour' (TBP). She says, "We were given an overnight dismissal order. When I got the news of this abrupt replacement, I was in Malaysia shooting for their tourism commercial."
An irate Simple continues, "The thought that we were suddenly out-of-work made me wake up to the reality that most TV actors are powerless."
Elaborating on this she says, "If an actor has to opt out of a serial, he has to give a month's notice but the channel can do it overnight. This is unethical. Also, I had been refusing other offers as I had committed bulk dates to 'TBP'."
Did she not try to resolve this crisis with producer Srishti Behl? "Thankfully, I share a warm rapport with Srishti who also seemed helpless. She too was facing the brunt," counters Simple.
Incidentally, Simple was seen earlier as the cunning Reema in 'Yeh Meri Life Hai' (Sony) and as the part-scheming-part- comic Pam in 'Shararat' (Star