Katrina signed as brand ambassador for H&R Johnson

Meherbaan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
Sounak Mitra  |  New Delhi  June 27, 2013 Last Updated at 18:00 IST

H&R Johnson ropes in Katrina Kaif as brand ambassador in a multi-crore deal

A leader in tile making segment, the company the company has revenue of Rs 1,887 crores

Over the past 55 years, H&R Johnson has operated as one of the leading tile makers in India. Now, the Rs 1,887-crore company has felt the need to step out beyond just tiles.

To establish a direct connect with the consumers, H&R Johnson has signed Bollywood actress Katrina Kaif as its brand ambassador to endorse all its established and new business segments.

As part of the multi-crore contract, which would be valid for two years, Katrina will endorse Johnson tiles, bathroom products, engineered marble & quartz and modular kitchen businesses that are relatively new for the company.

H&R Johnson (India), which is part of the Rs 5,212-crore Prism Cements, is getting a celebrity brand ambassador for the first time as part of its brand refresh exercise. 

According to industry sources, Katrina's endorsement fees ranges between Rs 2.5 crore to Rs 8 crore for a period of two to three years, depending on the deal type. At present, Katrina also endorses Audi, Sony, Etihad Airways, Pantene, Nakshatra, Lux Soap, Slice beverage and Berger Paints.

"Johnson's association with Katrina reinforces the values Katrina stands for, namely, her global image, freshness and contemporariness," said Sushil Matey, Chief Operating Officer, H&R Johnson (India).

Meanwhile, Katrina is the first celebrity to endorse a modular kitchen brand. In bathroom products category, Cera Sanitaryware had roped in Dia Mirza for television commercial in 2012.

"My home is my personal space. It's my retreat and at the end of a long day at work, it always feels good to be home. And, Johnson is one of the most trusted and globally renowned home lifestyle brands," said Katrina in an email.

H&R Johnson, which plans to invest two to three% of its revenue in marketing, will run a 360 degree campaign featuring Katrina over the next two years that would be developed by Ogilvy's sister agency Soho Squar. It has also roped in Hungama Digital as the digital marketing partner.

"Over the last 10- 15 years, the consumers' brand awareness in home lifestyle category has increased manifold. There is an urgent need to address both the B2C and B2B segment," added Matey.

The company has already firmed up plans to invest about Rs 400 crore for capacity expansion. Part of this will be used to expand capacity of its industrial tiles manufacturing to 54 million square meters per annum at its factory Dewas, Madhya Pradesh, and about Rs 40 crore would be invested at two factories Baddi & Jammu.

It currently has more than 1200 dealers, 15000 sub-dealers, 33 modern retail stores, 100 shop-in-shops across the country. 

H&R Johnson competes with Kajaria Ceramics and Somany Ceramics in India.

http://www.business-standard.com/article/companies/h-r-johnson-ropes-in-katrina-kaif-as-brand-ambassador-in-a-multi-crore-deal-113062700733_1.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Meherbaan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
So currently Katrina has like 9 endorsement deals.

I love how Katrina creates new sectors for endorsement deals in India, first an airline then painting and now tiles, bathroom products and kitchen products.

You go girl🥳
And you're so proud because? ðŸ¤¢ I guess you belong to the losers that actually buys all the stuff she endorses. 

Shame on her for fooling people. That woman has no principles...all she does is run after money and men ðŸ¤¢

This is why Salman will go to jail...he brought this woman to bollywood and now she is looting India ðŸ¤¢
She endorses pantene...does that still exist? BUT WHAT HAPPEND WITH VEET? Did she finally opt for laser? 

😆
"My home is my personal space. It's my retreat and at the end of a long day at work, it always feels good to be home. And, Johnson is one of the most trusted and globally renowned home lifestyle brands," said Katrina in an email.
😆

said Sandhya in an email.
Edited by pekingexpress - 10 years ago

Originally posted by: Crystal__

So currently Katrina has like 9 endorsement deals.

I love how Katrina creates new sectors for endorsement deals in India, first an airline then painting and now tiles, bathroom products and kitchen products.

You go girl🥳

I love it too so you buy everyday paint right now? ðŸ˜†

Originally posted by: pekingexpress

And you're so proud because?🤢I guess you belong to the losers that actually buys all the stuff she endorses.

Shame on her for fooling people. That woman has no principles...all she does is run after money and men🤢

This is why Salman will go to jail...he brought this woman to bollywood and now she is looting India🤢

hmm y to attack fellow member and call her looser. If she buys products or not it is her choice. If Salman is going to jail it will be bcoz of his rash driving. p.s. I am not a salman hater. Then no actress and actor in bollywood have principles if they endorse products
This women just rocks. N people were saying she was over 🤣 her brand value is zero these days 🤣 on ur face bashers
Tinah thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
is there anything else left for her to endorse? ðŸ˜• I think underwears and comdoms...got Kat, get these endorsements too ðŸ˜‰
stranger.67 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Tinah

is there anything else left for her to endorse? ðŸ˜• I think underwears and comdoms...got Kat, get these endorsements too ðŸ˜‰

Eyes blinking products-Colgate smile-and frozen face products-Non acting success products!!! but all i want her endorse how to look so gorgeous because she is very pretty!!!
Edited by J3SANGEL - 10 years ago
Tinah thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: J3SANGEL

Eyes blinking products-Colgate smile-and frozen face products-Non acting success products!!! but all i want her endorse how to look so gorgeous because she is very pretty!!!

someone has to make these products first...
she was very pretty...but now...😕