Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
Music helps but nothing beats a great script. Films like Kahaani, EV, OMG, Jolly LLB, Fukrey, Special 26 are all successes without a hit music album. There have been cases of successful music but unsuccessful films.
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Clarification - Hit music doesnt ensure a hit film (there is so much anyone can do if the film itself is atrocious), but hit films seem to have hit music (with a few exceptions - Vidya)

I guess what I"m trying to say, is that music seems like a pretty crucial aspect in films that take off with strong openings. And I'm starting to think that its as big a USP as having a superstar or franchise label attached. 

I remember Agent Vinod's buzz doubled after Pungi's trailer (I was tracking the buzz since...you know, I sold my soul to that film).

Films like Ashiqui 2 and SOTY had new faces, yet took off like wildfire on opening weekends without any superstar. 
I feel music directors are terribly underrated. 

Pritam should SO be paid more ðŸ˜†

Edited by desigal90 - 10 years ago
there was a time when only music was a guarantee of a film's success. in the period of classic BW films. the audiences would just go driven by the melodious music that could ensure the success. that time most of the films used to do well. 

but today's music has just become a business, haven't heard an album since ages which i can call a complete album. even if a useless song becomes a hit. the producers just cash on it to draw audiences. 

music has always been a part of making ur film's value higher becoz its the only thing that comes out before the film and its popularity can atleast raises hopes. but that doesn't guarantee as many musical films have been flops as well
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Films work because everything comes together well. The better everything matches, the more they work.

Good music is probably the best promotional tool there is...it increases buzz. But it cannot make a film work big time. There has to be something in the film itself.

noorsand thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 3
Agreed hit music makes a buzz for the movie but the movie has to be substantial to be a "HIT". A2's tum hi ho generated a lot of buzz, there was over 1 million views in just few days. I went to see the movie in theatre partially because of music but was actually blown away by performances and story. However, movies like Khiladi 786 have hit music too but that does not equal hit movie.
BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
I thought Barfi music was a hit, I simply love that album. Anyways moving on to the topic, I think music plays a small part in the whole box office game when it comes to Bollywood movies. But it does not affect the fate of the movie entirely. Having said that there are so many good albums in crappy movies and vise versa
I was also thinking that. Coz currently Ramaiya Vastavaiya creating huge buzz and Jeene Laga Hoon song is a craze with over 6 million views despite no known fAces are in that movie. Also the Hip Hop Pammi, Bairiya and now Rang Jo Lagyo are also doing great in charts. So I was wondering if music really help a film get good opening. Like many flop movies with chartbuster music often gets great to decent opening. Vivek Oberoi's Prince was a great example. No hope from Vivek so the Tips got the best soundtrack they could possibly for a crappy film. And that was Vivek's highest opener as of now.

Maine Pyar Kiya also took great opening for newcomers film. All due to the music. From Dil Deewana, Mere Rang Mein, Kabootar Ja and rest of the soundtrack was a rage. But the movie turned out be a great with excellent WOM which lead tote verdict of ATBB.

As for Aashiqui , music was the hero. Which gave it a hit status. Raja Hindustani is another movie with excellent music and gave the ATBB tag
shadesofme thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
music have a big hand IMO
u know ashiqui would never be same if it doesn't have a good music or even yjhd
IMO good music + interesting trailer = great opening !
shadesofme thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
@Rambo.Rajkumar:first i was interested in ramaya vastavaya becoz i had seen the original movie but man the music of this film is addicting
specially Rang Jo Lagyo
Shreyacool thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Yes alot! YJHD did huge business bcoz of its good music. The movie is very boring without song with no story & hardly any humor. Even SOTY did well bcoz its music helped create buzz.