Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Vaish- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

The rumours were right, he was hot. One of the reasons I was in shock mode was because he was bare chested, wearing only a rich pair of black slacks that fit him nicely around his slim waist. He had the body of a greek god ( Ares, the god of war ) and the rugged looks of a real man. There was nothing soft about his features except for the way he smiled. From where I stood, he could easily be around 6 feet tall next to his table  and look around 30 years old.

"I'm so sorry to have barged in like that", apologizing and blushing at his state of partial nudity. 

-Vaish- thumbnail

He was still smiling as though taking fulfilment in my discomfort,"That's okay, I should have lock the door", he motioned me to the seat. His voice was smooth, a baritone voice you would just love to listen over and over again. 

-Vaish- thumbnail

I grateful sat down, hoping my inability to stand went unnoticed. Behind him, his shirt draped across his chair caught my eye. It had a huge coffee stain. It kind of look like someone intentionally spilled coffee on him. The bitter part of me ( from being so pissed in the morning and from what I heard in the elevator ) suggested that an angry employee had something to do with it. 

-Vaish- thumbnail

"Could you put on some clothes first?", clearing my throat. He grinned, looking somewhat younger and took out a fresh shirt and started putting in on.

"Okay what can I help you with, Ms…?"

"Ghai. Just call me Kria. You are ?", I replied. I 've always preferred to be called by my first name. 

-Vaish- thumbnail

"Okay,  Mr.  Singhania. I'm from ' Daniel's Bakery'. My assistant informed me that…………", needing the formality between us,I proceed telling him what Sally told me in the morning, what I heard in the elevator, how important it was that my shipment arrive on time, how unprofessional  he was providing a service like that and how serious this would get if he doesn't do something. I guess I was kind of hard at him at first but I soften a little realising he was genuinely interested and sorry that he cause me all the trouble. 

-Vaish- thumbnail

didn't find the benefit of going to prom. You could say that I grew up before everybody did.

Now that I'm working,doing what I love most, my life literally revolves around cakes and sweet things. If I step into a room, I would find designs from the chair, ceiling,  curtains and would somehow just imagine putting those elements into a cake. This is my life, the only one I know and the one I love. Nothing should come in the way.

So back to Reyansh Singhania. He looked like he was contemplating everything he has heard from me and trying to access my dilemma. 

-Vaish- thumbnail

He stood from his seat to walk to me and hold out his hand and I shook it. Rey held my hand in his just a moment longer, as though feeling what my skin felt like and release it. I swear I felt a little 'zing' going thru my body. I shivered and stand up to find myself close to him. I took a step away from him

"You know, I admire you Kria. Not many people your age has your drive in life. Even from what I heard from how you talk about your business, you have a lot of passion for your business and work", he said smiling down at me.

I laughed. "you haven't seen my mother. I'm not that old Mr  Singhania"

-Vaish- thumbnail

"I'm 30 this year." He smiled again, I look into his eyes and I realise how dark his eyes were and yet they hold so much sincerity and a bit of playfulness in them.

"oh, well. I'm sorry. I have to go. Thank you for sparing your time and patience to solve my problem and well me,"I joked walking out of his office. He followed me to the elevator and wave good bye to me as the door was closing. Just before it closed completely, he winked at me and I stood there in the elevator perplexed and unable to comprehend what just happen. 

-Vaish- thumbnail

doesn't come very often I might add).

Walking around my kitchen, I started to get a damp cloth and soap to wipe all the wooden tables. Even though my cleaner and my team did the washing and cleaning, I just can't help doing it again. Also, the counters were completely empty so it is easier and better to clean dirt, poured chocolate that has harden and etc. After the wiping, I took out the mop and started mopping the whole kitchen. By 11 am, I was done, sweating and flushed after all that moving about.

Just as I was about to get a glass of lemonade from the fridge, there was a knock on the back door of the kitchen. Must be Sally or the delivery guy, I thought to myself. I mention to Sally that I would be here to receive the goods  and she said that she might come if her boyfriend, Johny was not home. 

-Vaish- thumbnail

"So what's next?", he asked me. I look at him wondering what he was referring to.

"What are we doing next?"

I cleared my throat. "What I am going to do next is try to put the ingredients to where they belong. You on the other hand have nothing more to do. Thank you so much for helping me but I can take over from here onwards. You go home and have lunch or something", I said, trying to put in politely, I didn't want him around. I never like the fact of being indebted to anyone and truth be told it had always been easier to rely on my own.