Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tesoro thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
If spamming is one of the issues that has been raised here then, I think, the sole reason why people spam is to increase their posts. The day IF stops counting number of posts of each member, it is the day you'll see that spamming would stop all of a sudden.

My suggestion is that this step can be implemented for some time and if the results are as you expected then it can be continued forever.

For the different levels among members something different can be taken into account, for eg: their contribution in making this forum a peaceful, user-friendly place or their contribution in any other positive manner. Members can give +1 to each post they like and hence levels can be created. Or anything else that you think would be feasible.

Thanks.

Hello Vijay,

Are you going to take Celebrity slander as a serious issue or not?I can see many celebrities being name called and slandered but nothing is done to those who resorts to celebrity slander -_-
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

So Vijay, any idea when we will learn of your super plan to objectively enforce subjective rules? Or are you simply itching for another fiasco on IF before you start responding again?

It has been over five days since I first asked Vijay to explain how he plans to objectively implement subjective rules. C'mon what's taking so long.

Screw mo fo KSG!

Kareena is an ugly skank!

All fans are nothing but mindless nitwits!

Ok, hopefully that "bashing" gets some attention. Next phase "po*nography". Please don't make me do it. 😆

So the thread gets cleaned, but the questions don't get addressed. 
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Wow...what will it take to get Vijay to answer her question? Does he not have time to address issues concerning his own website? 

I also am curious about what he plans do in regards to making sure the moderators have the same interpretation of what is bashing and not acceptable to post. There have been multiple times where moderators have been abusing their privileges to their own advantage. 

Perhaps those moderators need to be watched, and if they continue to be inconsistent, then they should have their rights taken away and new people should become Dev Team members. It might be easier to have people apart of the Dev Team who do not really watch the show to begin with because they would be the least biased. 
Edited by tulipbaby53 - 10 years ago
petticoat thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
well the system fails when mods do dadagiri..

ive never understood in all these years on how IF selects their DT.. the best sucker rules?

goodluck implementing them.

Rishi_ thumbnail
there should be an election of moderators.

only those who are supported by ladder groups like us should be made mod.

friends and relatives of existing mods should not be made mod just because they have influence.

why not allow common members to elect their mods?

just like you have banner contests where we vote similarly mods should be elected.

if mods cross their line and become partial then they should be immediately removed if many members protest.

please do implement these rules as well in your form mr.vijay.
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: petticoat

well the system fails when mods do dadagiri..

ive never understood in all these years on how IF selects their DT.. the best sucker rules?

goodluck implementing them.

Most people became apart of the Dev Team by making friends with other Dev Team members who will recommend them to becoming Viewbies or Coolbies. 
In defense of the DT, this is a completely voluntary and thankless job. There really is no monetary reward. The only reason to be a moderator is because you are into something. Usually on IF it ends up being a TV show, a celebrity or something of the ilk.

In my personal opinion, no person intentionally sets out to boss people or push their weight around. This normally happens on IF because
- They are young and immature and really don't know how to handle responsibility. A teenager whose never really had a proper job cannot honestly be expected to be mature and responsible, especially on an online forum. When you give power to kids, there will be attitude and hiccups.
- Sometimes they are just human and have a like/dislike and strong subjective opinion and act upon it. So intentionally/unintentionally they end up pushing people around or being incapable of seeing a different point of view.

There are only two ways to bypass this, as I have been saying in previous posts.
- Hire paid professional neutral moderators to implement rules as Vijay sees fit
- Eliminate all subjective, fuzzy rules. Ignore all childish silly issues like "bashing" and "explicit" and focus on clear cut legally defined rules - no po*nography, no legal slander, no stalking or harassment, no call to violence or illegal activities. Screw the rest.

But uptil now Vijay has been completely ignoring my repeated questions on how he manages to handle the subjectivity. Until he explains himself and the objective enforcement of subjective rules, I come up with the following options
- He doesn't give a damn. He's like f-u bitches. I'm the boss man, I run the forum how I want and you annoying whiners need to just STFU.
or
- He's just a dimwit nincompoop who is actually incapable of answering difficult but valid questions
or
- There is another contrived run around in circles excuse hidden up his sleeve we havent heard yet.

I'm actually tempted to open a poll on what are Vijay's excuses for incompetence and inability to answer questions. 😆

And just to make it clear, I'm not breaking any rules. I'm just stumped and confused as to why Vijay isn't answering questions. All he has to do is clear the air.