Friends, pls read my FW letter to ROP

radev24 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago

Honorable Mr. Ojha,

My letters to Ms. Singh @ Zee and [email protected] as follows are not just self-explanatory, and not just words as your highly intellectual mind/heart will notice, along with your esteemed and amazing team.

You or your representative may have noticed the morale of diehard ardent fans of BRKD on India Forums. We are just flabbergasted, stunned, angry, upset, demoralized, sad, even crying, disappointed. If you go through the dictionary, I dont think there are enough words to describe all our feelings / emotions.

The letter to Charu more than amply demonstrates how we all feel. How can trp be the reason to put BRKD under scanner when your impeccable show hasn't even completed 3 full months? This is beyond outrageous. What in god's name does this horrendous word TRP mean anyway?

Does low rating affect the giant Zee THAT much that they will resort to such a drastic and hasty decision?? To my recollection in last umpteen years, nothing like this has ever been heard of or happened, and that too to a serial which has a cream of the crop ensemble of cast/crew???

Ms. Bhattacharya, please please explain to me (us) what can we do collectively? There's a reason for my question. In the past, we (5-6 of us from 3 continents and thousands of petitions) did succeed in getting a sequel to Chhoti Bhahu because the 1st one rather ended abruptly even after having a trp of 5.1 sometime prior to ending the serial in Aug of 2010.

I had to even go to the extent of driving 6 hours to Houston when the main leads were there around Navratri of 2010 on their world tour, just to make sure that they were even interested in doing the sequel. And obviously they did.

That said, the news of Abhaas Mehta's difficult decision to quit the serial, almost coinciding with the above "news", put further blow. We all feel as if we are all stabbed in the back, so mercilessly. Aren't the viewing audience have a say in this bloody fiasco, given that you all AND the channel go through heck of marketing, hard work, decisions decisions and decisions? And all that for this???

Is it the Indian audience the main cause of low or high trps? Is PR audience "different" from BRKD audience??

Respectfully,

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nicegirl_good thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
This show is beyond repair now 
I know we all love the show
But if they keep showing Shama and that idiot
Noting better can be expected 
radev24 thumbnail
Waneeka, you are speaking as if you aleady know about the serial thru reliable sources. How can any member know unless s/he directly works for PH or channel ?? In the absence of either, we cannot know.

That said, I would like some comments from our lovely members here, make this thread interactive, so hopefully if the "right" pair of eyes read them, they will work even harder and may even succeed changing Abhaas's mind and REMOVE the scanner nonsense. ðŸ¤¢

No reaction means becoming passive and pessimistic. Even if the reaction here is not optimistic, please still share them.
nicegirl_good thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Di, 
I am not against this show running but look at what zee is doing 
How they are treating the actors 
I just feel this show had a lot of potential 
And stupid channel ruined it all
All they can do is run PR for years -.- 
KhatamKahani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Radev, as soon as the news first that the show was under the scanner, I said it won't matter because Zee will try to dictate, PH will also go haywire, etc etc.  And sure enough, we see that Zee and the PH have been clashing.

Once that happens...the quality dips.  And if the quality dips, is there much of a point?  

If this were just about TRPs, yes then this would be a huge blow.  But with all the other news that we've had, is there much of a point when the channel and the PH have been at loggerheads?  There are already other examples with Zee.  See what KM said about Zee's interference in Afsar Bitya.  I've never watched the show, but I have a friend who loved that show till it started going south--and why, Zee's interference.  
ablazedmelody thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Shrel a hug ðŸ¤—

You've tried. We all tried in a way because we viewers didn't reject the show yet but the channel did. The TRP was never so low that it needed a shutting down completely. Some smaller PH would bow down to channel wishes but I think ROP didnt wanted creative interference from the channel which I think lead to many clashes. The people associated with the show will be disheartened and those who loved it are heartbroken but the only thing they have as a good memory was being part of a good show which didnt drag for years. To you and all BRKD forum friends  ðŸ¤—

radev24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: likarsh

Radev, as soon as the news first that the show was under the scanner, I said it won't matter because Zee will try to dictate, PH will also go haywire, etc etc.  And sure enough, we see that Zee and the PH have been clashing.

Once that happens...the quality dips.  And if the quality dips, is there much of a point?  

If this were just about TRPs, yes then this would be a huge blow.  But with all the other news that we've had, is there much of a point when the channel and the PH have been at loggerheads?  There are already other examples with Zee.  See what KM said about Zee's interference in Afsar Bitya.  I've never watched the show, but I have a friend who loved that show till it started going south--and why, Zee's interference.  

Zee has been at loggerheads with so many PHs in the past its not even funny. Their main aim, unlike other channels, is totally greed-oriented. They couldn't care less as long as their bellies are getting fatter like their wallets.😡 We talking about giant Z, aren't we???🤢

Yeah, speaking of low quality already, yest epi just seemed so rushed and almost hollow. Kiranji that I admire the most for his superb villaineous acting seemed so stereo-typed and typecast. And as we all predicted, the leap did happen and today the baby will be born. Is that SSJ or what, gosh?! 🤢😡

Originally posted by: ablazedmelody

Shrel a hug ðŸ¤—

You've tried. We all tried in a way because we viewers didn't reject the show yet but the channel did. The TRP was never so low that it needed a shutting down completely. Some smaller PH would bow down to channel wishes but I think ROP didnt wanted creative interference from the channel which I think lead to many clashes. The people associated with the show will be disheartened and those who loved it are heartbroken but the only thing they have as a good memory was being part of a good show which didnt drag for years. To you and all BRKD forum friends  ðŸ¤—

Ashu Yaar BIG HUG back at you! And your points right on! 🤗

Channel not only rejected the show but stabbed PH and the viewers in the back. Granted we may never know real reasons behind this uncalled for, most unreasonable decision of the century, but one thing is bilkul sure. Their EGO CLASHES. The male men dont care. This is just a serial killing. EGOs kill nations, wage wars, divide countries. Biggest example India/Pakistan. (I know I get carried away😳)

So far balraj was khooni khalnayak, but Z ne khoon kiya hum sab ke emotions ka collectively, and that is million times worse than killing people. Yes its only a show and we will soon forget about it too, but look at how hurt and angry each one of us has become in the process. Its worse than UNTIMELY DEATH.

Yes, soaps always do bring out good outcome and that is we all emerging as good buddies. Even today 9 of us share emails, convo on the phone from CB1 days, cuz all of us are in the US and one in the UK. 😃😆

BIG HUG TO ONE AND ALL !!

LillyBlanc thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ablazedmelody

Shrel a hug ðŸ¤—

Can another channel pickup the serial such as SONY which airs different types of serials rather than standard saas/bahu, annoying lead couple crap?
Mohini19 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Excellent, Excellent, Excellent, radev24.

You said it all and very nicely. I couldn't have said it any better.

I'm disgusted to the core with the channel and the so-called indian audiences back home that constitute the so-called TRPs. It's as if the majority of Indian audiences don't deserve anything more than saas-bahu dramas. No wonder, it is reflective of the status of women in India today and crimes against women.
Edited by Mohini19 - 10 years ago
radev24 thumbnail
Mohini yaar, I thank you for your sentiments, but the letter and forward were NOT sent when it would have had positive impact on Powers That Be It was like trying to revive a dead person. Besides, the decision-makers made up their minds much much before anybody had even an inkling.

Learnt thru the grapevine that the NEW BIG HONCHO at Zee was trying to impress his status, position and disagreements ensued btw them and PH and perhaps the cast also knowing they are cream of the crop like Kiranji, Monaji and the rest.

It's mindboggling what u saying about Indian audience cuz I wanted to write along those lines, but held back. Passing judgments is easily construed as ego-driven and the audience is what it is. They have way too many shows to use their remote controls so mercilessly that they couldn't care less. If a scene on one serial looks "boring", lets jump to the next channel. And so it goes.

That is why my comments to Zee and PH that this whole crappy TRP system is so unscientific and for a giant like Zee to base their decision on that, is horrendous to say the least. At the end of the day, it's business, period. What fattens their wallet like their fat bellies is all that matters to them. While we diehard fans get so crushed emotionally. But is that their concern?? Heck NO.😡 even tho the serials are supposedly made for the same viewing audience?? Hello??

The plight of Indian women is a subject to be discussed another day, another time, another serial, another platform. But sadly I know what you saying about crimes against them. It's beyond pathetic.