PUBLIC VOTING??? U gotta be kidding me!

kritikakk thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
where d hell did SP n show producers get this idea??

on what basis is the tv audience n public supposed to vote for masterchef?? they can taste d dished, heck cant even smell it!

this is a cooking based show, not a dance or singing reality show that one can vote based on purformance, esp when d voters themselves cant even sample d product!

any1 else feel this is just so wrong??

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AnkitGuptaKiAC thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Yup i feel it's wrong...not favouring it at all

me not going to vote any one becozz i knoww Votes doesn't matter ...it's the choice of channel who gonna win or not...

though i m supporting ripu and want him to win...

but i dun like d idea of public voting... it's all bakwaas happening on Tv dese dayzz... 
kritikakk thumbnail
ur right!

in this particular case, the public has no basis on which to vote coz its a cooking show! this public voting concept itself is ridiculous n a sham!

i dont even agree with d finalists, Ripu deserves to be there, but the other 2 dont!

my god SP has gone nuts in this trps race n over-dramatizing everythg on their channel!
knownstranger thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Star plus is going xtra mile to dramatize this scripted show I stopped watching this drama the moment Navneet reached finale they felt the need to frustrate the audience more hence ensured Nisha aunty got eliminated and got khujili rani into finale now this voting in shows were only votes decide winners are by itself a sham as ppl waste time by voting and channel declares its choice of winner.This is just another sham to show popular their show is they will manufacture numbers saying so and so candidate received so many votes over all so many votes just another way to fool the audience plz dont fall for this sham.Hope Ripu wins that would be all 
Ashley.J thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
They have lost it big time!

I think it's a ploy to make Navneet win because declaring him the winner otherwise would have put questions on the judge's credibility.

I hope Ripu wins!
kritikakk thumbnail
i also feel its a ploy to dupe the audience and making an undeserving contestant win... SP will say, hey its not us or d judges decision alone, its the public who voted d winner!!

but this in itself screams out just how unqualified SP is to handle such reality shows! this channel cant go any lower now all its "reality" shows r rigged n winner decided in advance, then why bother having such shows n public voting, they may as well just do it all their way but no they dupe n make audience scapegoat!
hamzanuha thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
This entire season has been wrong, with every rule in the book being flouted. No proper judging, no proper challenges, silly challenges, you name it, it happened!

I stopped watching this farce as soon as they announced Ninny as the first finalist. Now they're merely showing the depths of their depravity (?) in their hunger for trps!

Where are those members, who accused us of bias since we couldn't taste the dishes to know if they were as good or bad as the judges made it out to be? Will they be voting, since again they can't taste their fave's food? 

I certainly won't as I know this is just a smokescreen as the winner has already been selected & vetted!

Definitely won't ever watch another season of MCI, will stick to the international versions now.
knownstranger thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Rana as I have said in my other posts voting system by itself is farce it is an eye wash initially I used to vote for some shows but I came across certain instances where they wanted closed the voting sites so certain candidates cant get votes and they can manipulate and eliminate who they want,voting system is nothing but another TRP generation method.With voting they end saying how popular this show how many votes they received etc etc again drama even I quit the show moment pink panther reached finals and totally lost interest when doyal got into finals
hamzanuha thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: knownstranger

Rana as I have said in my other posts voting system by itself is farce it is an eye wash initially I used to vote for some shows but I came across certain instances where they wanted closed the voting sites so certain candidates cant get votes and they can manipulate and eliminate who they want,voting system is nothing but another TRP generation method.With voting they end saying how popular this show how many votes they received etc etc again drama even I quit the show moment pink panther reached finals and totally lost interest when doyal got into finals

Agree wholeheartedly with your post. Anyway, since I don't live in India, I've never voted (except for the Taj in the 7 wonders) & feel that it's not worth wasting my money as all shows are scripted, whether we like it or not.

But, I felt this was different since I'm a fan of MCA & the judges are all successful chefs. And also that the winner is chosen by those very same experienced judges. 

Thinking back, in the 1st season, even though the voting was secret, you could make out that it was pre-decided that Pankaj would win & Jayanandan the runner-up. While both Kunal & Ajay voted for Pankaj, it was Akshay who voted for Jaya (so it could be claimed that it was a closely fought competition). My reasoning is that only film stars sign/write with such a flourish (Vote for Jaya had a "All the Best Jaya" written in a flourish style) & therefore Akshay had voted for J. 

And immediately after Pankaj was given the cheque, you had the manager of Leela Kempinski come up with the offer for J. Before that there was no mention of any prize/job for the runner-up.

Then season 2, they introduced public voting whereby the people tasted the food & voted. Again, I felt that Shazia was the better cook, but then she was from a well-to-do business family who didn't need the money nor the fame that Shipra badly needed. So Shipra was declared the winner. (But for all the harping she did about getting her kids back in each & every episode, I never got to hear whether she was successful or not. We, as an audience, at least deserved to know that, seeing as we'd been made privy (willy-nilly) to the painful details of her married life.)

Now this time, it's online voting ðŸ˜• Makes you wonder what next? 

But then, I won't watch any more!!!
kritikakk thumbnail
well said every1!

i also dont bother voting for any of these reality shows, coz ultimately d deserving person never wins!

but SP went a step further n wants public voting on a cooking show... not only is it ridiculous but i cant stop laughing at their stupidity! like sony, all channels need to unsub from TAM race, n concentrate on quality products or close shop!