I recently asked Manish a few questions

Goodbye thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Thanks Harshad_dbest for suggesting me to post this πŸ˜ƒ
Hey everyone I recently asked Manish aka Addu a few Qs on FB and he replied with some very interesting answers and I am sharing the convo here πŸ˜Š:

Here you go-

1) who is your closest friend on the sets of NBT?

Closest friend! Well I don't make close friends that easy, its to do with the person I am. Besides I am on the show for a short while, I don't know if I'd end up being that close to anyone in particular. Yet I make equal attempts at mingling with all my co-actors.

2) Who is your favourite co-star in NBT (as in with whom do you enjoy acting with the most?

I enjoy working with Akanksha, again, its to do with the number of scenes I get to do with her, I admire her way of working, that challenges me to come up with better stuff. And while we patiently wait for the scene to get lit, we often talk of theatre, discuss plays which is cool.

3) who according to you is the best actor or actress on the sets? (As in, whose acting skills impressed you the most?

Unfortunately the constraints that govern the television production of a TV show hardly leave any scope for an actor to be at their best, yet I find Kunal, Akanksha and Rinku outstanding in what they do. The little kid Ashnoor who I had a brief interaction with some days back, also seems impressive with her acting prowess.

4) Which actor has the best comic timing in NBT according to you?

Both Rinku and Kunal keep throwing comic gems wherever they find that scope in their scripts which makes me crack up at times.

5) Which do you prefer? tv/theatre/films? 

My preference would be Theatre, Films and then TV. Its simply to do with work conditions and the medium supporting an actor who's wanting to perform.

6) If you could choose to play one character in NBT other than jigree, which character would you choose to play and why?

That's a tough one. I'm afraid but I don't see myself in any of the roles.

7) Have you always wanted to be an actor? And as an actor, which role in theatre/tv/film has been the most challenging for you? 

Yes, for as long as I can remember, I always wanted to do what I'm doing now. Lets just say, the most challenging role is yet to come, we work in an industry where the characters you get to play as an actor are more to do with if you look like them. To answer your question, I'm finding it challenging doing the Jigri part, mainly because of the system of working. Creatively I'd find it challenging to play characters which are not close to me.

Edited by archu_93 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Swetha-Sai thumbnail
^ Thanks for sharing the Q & A session u had with Manish Gandhi, Archu πŸ€—
Leesan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing Archu!  This young actor comes across as highly unique,intelligent and engaging. So glad you got the opportunity to interact with him on a one on one level. πŸ‘πŸΌ
ThePirateKing thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks!!!

This kind of confirms that he is in NBT only for a short while and it might be a long while before he is back on TV again.

Let's enjoy while he is there and let's enjoy as long as the show is on air
champ07 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Perfect..! :)
Sad that his role is a cameo..!
He was undoubtedly the best find this season..!
Gonna miss him dearly..:/
Such a cute bacha he looks as addu..! *adorable*
sumiswap thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing these Archu πŸ˜Š.

Always knew that this guy will feel stifled in the current TV industry set up! The content of our television is just not creatively satisfying for intelligent people like him.

The other day I was telling Sonal about how I like him doing those small bits like the rolling back on the bed bit or eating a banana and trying out Beera's jacket while Mohan was yelling at Beera...πŸ˜†...I thought it was written in the screenplay. She told me that those bits were his improvisation! He is out standing πŸ‘! We all will miss him for sure! 😭
Edited by sumiswap - 10 years ago
-RadhaRani- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
wow nice Q & AπŸ˜ƒ

Manish all Ans ..sounds like we viewers ..what we viewers thought he said all this.πŸ˜†

BombayTroll thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
a small   news  

he seems closest to  madhuriji  as far  as i  know i  mean jiji  bua 
LavleenaS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thanks a lot Archu !! πŸ˜ƒ
sona02 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
thanks for sharing archu😊
manish is the best entry in ssn2..his base of theater makes him so perfect...nice ans by him..thanks πŸ˜³