Kunal-Ashnoor: Effortless brilliance

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
And it's that time againπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

My obligatory post since Ashnoor was shown in today's epiπŸ˜†

Time and again, I've gushed over the magic these two create together...but today I was struck by something else...today I was struck by how EFFORTLESS these two are together...

1) In the way Mohan just DHAM se lands on the bedπŸ˜†...SO Spidey-like...lol...

2) In the MEGA ADORABLE way in which Ashnoor says "Spiderman!" with a tilt of her head...and hardly bats an eyelid at the way he shakes up the entire bed by landing on itπŸ˜†

3) The interaction in the bit where she says, "Lekin bataa nahin paayi" and Mohan says, "Kya umar hai teri" and she looks at him in exasperation and is about to answer but he puts up a finger to stop her...I think that was the most BRILLIANT piece of acting from them together in this scene...gif below to demonstrate

She was amazing a year ago as Nanhi and she is irreplaceable even today...even today in a tiny bit where she gets to play a somewhat more mature version of Nanhi, she EFFORTLESSLY nails it...Bless this child alwaysπŸ‘πŸ‘

A tiny scene but precious nevertheless...thank you to the makers once again :-)...and ofcourse Kunal-Ashnoor for being so effortlessly brilliant togetherπŸ€—

I hope Mohan gets many more such hallucinations in the course of this 'father of the bride' trackπŸ˜†

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rajbijz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thanks Anu  - loved ur post - I hope we can see u everyday - Poor people like me who are newbies didnt get to see ur SS1 posts & the other seniors.
LavleenaS thumbnail
Nice post πŸ‘πŸΌ
Completely agree .
without-fathom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I'm just going to say it again. If ever there were characters deserving of a Daddy and his girl track adapted Father of the Bride style - yes THEM. I wonder if Jayshree watches this little bit from the telecast episode and comprehends what's amiss with her. I don't care enough to blame her. In my head, Ashnoor Kaur is imitable. As Nanhi, irreplaceable. 

And someone, someone with money and wits and GUTS enough, make something on TV with THESE TWO. All the money... ! πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘
rajbijz thumbnail

Originally posted by: without-fathom

I'm just going to say it again. If ever there were characters deserving of a Daddy and his girl track adapted Father of the Bride style - yes THEM. I wonder if Jayshree watches this little bit from the telecast episode and comprehends what's amiss with her. I don't care enough to blame her. In my head, Ashnoor Kaur is imitable. As Nanhi, irreplaceable. 

And someone, someone with money and wits and GUTS enough, make something on TV with THESE TWO. All the money... ! πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

yes a show based with them as father & daughter - it will be just too good. But alas will not happen on Indian TV
AreYaar thumbnail

To me the most amazing thing about this scene was the fact that preposterous hi sahi, Ashnoor was so believable in that moment even as GROWN UP Nanhi...lol...

Or maybe it's like her Spiderman said way back...even when she was 8, she talked like she was 19...so why won't we find Ashnoor effortlessly perfect even now in a hardly minute long bit on the supposedly "grown up" Navika?πŸ˜†
without-fathom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AreYaar

To me the most amazing thing about this scene was the fact that preposterous hi sahi, Ashnoor was so believable in that moment even as GROWN UP Nanhi...lol...

Or maybe it's like her Spiderman said way back...even when she was 8, she talked like she was 19...so why won't we find Ashnoor effortlessly perfect even now in a hardly minute long bit on the supposedly "grown up" Navika?πŸ˜†

For me the best part has to be the very obvious and matter of fact manner in which she confirms her Spidey's worst fears. THAT to me is SO MUCH more Mohan and his chawanni, and than all the OTT hesitance from Navika. You know? As NATURAL and totally-saw-it-coming as Mohan's overprotective Daddy vibes are, Navika's response to him just doesn't sit. In my head, Nanhi would do and say what the little one does here. Patiently tell her Daddy the facts, like he is the precocious 6 year old boy that he behaves like πŸ˜† THAT. Defines MN for me. The fluid nature of that sense of right. Mohan being Mohan will panic. And Nanhi being Nanhi should have HAD that attitude - the one you pointed out, as figuratively implied by the way Mohan shakes up the bed with him thud and Nanhi doesn't bat a bothered eye πŸ˜† Knowing how he is... I'm not sure if it was the writing of the scene, or Jayshree, or both - but this is not the vibe I imagine in my head, when I play such a conversation between the two... from what Nanhi used to be of course... 

Khair. I'm not really ranting about it - this is just me... laying out facts πŸ˜† - I was entertained enough by Mohan, and aww-ed out enough by Addu and Ashnoor - to not care about the inconsistency of the rest. As always... I suppose. 
AreYaar thumbnail

For me the best part has to be the very obvious and matter of fact manner in which she confirms her Spidey's worst fears. THAT to me is SO MUCH more Mohan and his chawanni, and than all the OTT hesitance from Navika. You know? As NATURAL and totally-saw-it-coming as Mohan's overprotective Daddy vibes are, Navika's response to him just doesn't sit. In my head, Nanhi would do and say what the little one does here. Patiently tell her Daddy the facts, like he is the precocious 6 year old boy that he behaves like πŸ˜† THAT. Defines MN for me. The fluid nature of that sense of right. Mohan being Mohan will panic. And Nanhi being Nanhi should have HAD that attitude - the one you pointed out, as figuratively implied by the way Mohan shakes up the bed with him thud and Nanhi doesn't bat a bothered eye πŸ˜† Knowing how he is... I'm not sure if it was the writing of the scene, or Jayshree, or both - but this is not the vibe I imagine in my head, when I play such a conversation between the two... from what Nanhi used to be of course... 

Khair. I'm not really ranting about it - this is just me... laying out facts πŸ˜† - I was entertained enough by Mohan, and aww-ed out enough by Addu and Ashnoor - to not care about the inconsistency of the rest. As always... I suppose. 

Awww Jazzay, BUTTERFLY sig!   Oh how I LOVEDDD this scene...man, kahaan se dig up kiya tumneπŸ˜†

Oh absolutely I completely agree that Ashnoor brings that in character KNOWING to Nanhi so effortlessly...the flow comes back the moment they show her returning even for brief seconds.

It's like watching two different Nanhis...the version we first grew to know and love, the version that always stayed with Mohan too if we go by how he IMAGINES her to be in this scene...and then the actual version of season 2...who is a different person to me...anyways I'd rather not get into that...lol

I guess they had to show all those reactions from Navika to then show the reactions from Mohan...right? That's another way of looking at it? lol...the end justifies the means? haha

Anyways, Ashnoor-Kunal share this connection we've gushed about endlessly pehle bhi...maybe that's what comes into the scene...cuz THEY share that connection...that is where the KNOWING becomes INSTINCTUAL...great acting is about reacting to each other in perfect sync...that is what these two are...everything from the way he bounds on to the bed and the face she makes when he he puts up a finger to stop her from talking...I swear I'm SO floored by Ashnoor's expression in that bit...I watch it over and over in the gif and marvel at this kid for the ZILLIONTH timeπŸ˜†
Edited by AreYaar - 10 years ago
swavai2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AreYaar

Agreed word to wordJaaz and Anu with both of your posts.

This few seconds bit of a scene was magical. Kunal and Ashnoor are mesmerizing together. Brilliant, just awesome.

I loved to see the spidy in Mohan @40+ is alive. The way he rushed to his chawanni, sat on the bed Dhhad Se and what expressions!

Ashnoor was so convincing and then came the reality of Jayashree's voice '22'.

May there be more and more of such dreams / imaginations of Mohan with his Chawanni. Show us some fbs dear CV's.

Lovely magical duo, Kunal and Ashnoor.
rajbijz thumbnail
@ jazz

In my head, Nanhi would do and say what the little one does here. Patiently tell her Daddy the facts, like he is the precocious 6 year old boy that he behaves like πŸ˜† THAT.

superbly put. u hit bullseye. today I again felt adult Nanhi's acting didnt meet the std which was required.
pls go on with ur analysis regarding this - wld love reading it.
Edited by rajbijz - 10 years ago