Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MelodiousDreams thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: Euphoria.

My like button is acting strange! I miss my laptop already. =( Anyways, I am just going to be a little random out here. Has anyone watched PV-ENU? I caught the repeat of the first episode, for some strange reason. I don't know what I was expecting but the episode left me feeling angry and by the end of the episode, I was crying. Crying because the show that was so meaningful and thoughtful had been ruined. Crying because the beauty of Ek Duje Ki Waaste was lost. Crying because I was missing Gurmeet and Kratika so darn much!

Sorry to be equally random and intercept this post of yours, Anu, but I couldn't help replying!
I haven't seen any of the episodes (I wonder if Nina or Kirthi saw some of them?) and I won't go near them with a barge pole...But hugs to you, darling, for all that you went through! I am of the opinion that Hindi film songs are pretty much up for grabs for TV serial producers...If they can obtain the rights to use the songs, they can go ahead. But the main thing for me is...the songs must fit with the essence of the narrative and convey something about the story and the characters...The songs should complement and/or enhance what we are seeing in the show. Very few shows do that, and even fewer shows do that consistently with genuine care for their story...That is why PV-ZMD's music and film song selection stood out to me even more...Ek Duje Ke Vaaste may not be Yash-Aarti's song exclusively but the way it touched upon the soulmate theme and the way it was conceptualized with such feeling (plus that "beauty in the mundane/ordinary" that I'm always talking about) made the song absolutely perfect for Yash-Aarti. And the same holds true for so many of the song sequences in this show...There is depth in the meaning. Songs aren't just superficial add-ons in PV-ZMD. They are narrative elements in themselves.

I think the beauty of Gurmeet and Kratika's pairing was that no one stole the show. Both of them were equally good and if anything, both of them stole the show with their performances all the time. I remember reading a TOI article which said that Gurmeet used to steal the show and I remember disagreeing to that, even then. GK are so perfect together, one picks up from where the other left. That is why I could never solely focus on either when I used to watch their scenes. It was always a joint unit that I was attracted to, where both balance each other. That is something that I would miss, if GK don't get to work with each other in the future and have to work with new co-stars. =) But that's purely my feeling, hope I didn't offend you! <3

@bold: I remember it took me a few episodes to start truly feeling the depth of Yash's pain at the beginning of the show, but once I did, Gurmeet's portrayal of Yash grew on me so quickly that I don't even remember when I started viewing him and Kratika as a single unit in the episodes...Of course, the Dargah Promo and look test had already cemented their appeal and magic as an acting partnership for me, but I think for me, the effortless flow in their interactions became a regular feature of the show once they started having those hit-and-miss scenes together. Beautifully directed, beautifully enacted! The balance was always there...it was probably written out on paper first, but to execute that, while keeping that balance steady so that neither overshadowed the other, was definitely a delicate task. And their working rapport was such that they maintained that balance all throughout the show! *sigh* Right from the days of that look test. Until the very, very last scene they filmed for the Mittals. Inimitable, this team's magic.

And with that, hopefully I can leave! 😳 See you later!
smileymj10 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MelodiousDreams

Heya MJ!

😃 
Oh...Tumblr is a blogging site...most people upload images and animated gif files on there, but you can post pretty much anything there, I think!

And the book is The PV-ZMD Photo Book that we sent in our messages for...For Gurmeet and Kratika!

Oh really??
May I see it?? Can I have the link pls or PM me if u want
..😳

MelodiousDreams thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Okay, last post from me for now!

Jac, I totally think I will be more inclined to write up my musings about my favorite scenes - as if my DotD posts aren't hard enough me to keep up with! - but you're right about Tumblr being more friendly to visual media...and so, while I do aspire to start learning the basics of gif-making and photo editing once I find software for my currently-dying laptop...I'm going to leave this post here as an invitation for interested creative people to PM me/us about collaborating somehow.

Word on the hollow feeling and the reasons behind the emptiness...*sigh* Yeah, Sukesh Motwani (the Zee TV Fiction Head, I believe was his title) did leave, and with him, maybe the conviction behind innovative storytelling and creative freedom and patience also left, in part...I do remember Sumeet Sir and Kratika both thanking Sukesh at the Gold Awards in their mini-speeches...And Sumeet Sir's words at the launch of PV-ZMD about how Sukesh was extremely supportive of the concept after hearing only a little bit of the premise.

And once again, couldn't agree more about the tightly-knit, seamless nature of Gurmeet-Kratika's acting partnership! They fed off of each other's cues ever since the start...and I think as time progressed, they began to feed off of each other's cues and energy more and more. Hence the flowing, scripted-yet-naturally-delivered quality to their scenes together. Such a joy to watch. And the rest of the ramblings will be for another day.

Aside: I really do wonder what I will do once we start watching the episodes again. I know I will have musings about more details...What to do about those? More posts? 😆 I will have to think about this. Later!

Edit: MJ, which link did you want? I've gotta go now, but hopefully another one of our KSA ladies can help you out...Cheers!
Edited by MelodiousDreams - 11 years ago
palbhar thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
@Euphoria...thanks for the comments...maybe I do have a soft spot for KS but I liked what Borna said...after awhile, we started not looking at them as two separate entities but as one team... that is so true...agree that both were fantabulous because they could pick up on each other's subtle nuances and cues and they made it look so natural!!!!!!

@Borna... you are so right...wish the channel had the faith and conviction on our PH and cast and gave them some time to finetune whatever needed to pick up the TRPs...such a pity as this ended up being everyone's loss!!!!!

As for Aarti...imagining her having her chai with her beloved Yashji while the kids are running around trying to interrupt their cozy togetherness (as always)!!!! 
Edited by palbhar - 11 years ago
smileymj10 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

@Borna the tumbler and the bookr, if there is? 😃

*Oopss, sorry, been caught with so many interruptions, can't focus now here.

Be back later..

Edited by smileymj10 - 11 years ago
jy11 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
New thread 😃 ⭐️
Absolutely wonderful thread 👍🏼 ⭐️
Congo to all KSians 👍🏼
der na collage My gorgeous is looking stunning & super gorgeous ❤️ .
Euphoria. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Oh no! Kratika is off FB, something happened to her FB account. Does that mean she is going to be more active on Twitter? Hopefully! 😆
villager00 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Euphoria.

Oh no! Kratika is off FB, something happened to her FB account. Does that mean she is going to be more active on Twitter? Hopefully! 😆

what happened? maybe she'll be back after her break??😕😳
drmhp thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Hey wow just logged in & saw new thread
wonderfully made :))
Love title

oh hopefully we will complete this one also soon . Hopefully we will celebrate ks's b'day in 9th one
Still I have to read all pages of this thread...

One important news - kratika Di is off fb as whenever she tries to log on it shows her acc. Is disabled .
She has tweeted this.
villager00 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
OH! i hope it's not some 'conspiracy theory' thing..😳😉

Mitz, thanks for the info..just saw it on twitter..