Shah Rukh and I share a good comfort level, says Kajol

PTI | May 13, 2013, 12.00 AM IST
Share More
A
A
READ MORE Kajol|Shah Rukh Khan|Bollywood|Ajay Devgn
Shah Rukh and I share a good comfort level, says Kajol
Kajol More Pics
Actress Kajol says though family responsibilities and her husband actor Ajay Devgn's film production company has been keeping her busy, she is waiting for a right script to act in a movie again.

"It has to be a good script with a tight screenplay. The production house needs to be good too. It is as important as your role in the film," Kajol told PTI. 

Daughter of actress Tanuja and film director Shomu Mukherjee, Kajol made her acting debut with Bekhudi in 1992 while she was in school. 

The 38-year-old actress is known for her memorable performances in films like 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge', 'Gupt', 'Dushman', 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai', 'Fanaa', 'My Name Is Khan', among others. 

After getting married to actor Ajay Devgn, she took a sabbatical from full-time acting in 2001 and returned to films with the 2006 romantic thriller 'Fanaa'. After that she appeared in films in cameo appearances. She was last seen in a prominent role in Karan Johar's home production 'We Are Family' (2010). 

When she is not doing movies, Kajol said her two children- daughter Nysa and son Yug-- and husband's production house keep her busy. 

"Looking after babies is a full-time job. But spending time with my kids gives me a great amount of personal satisfaction and I am enjoying each and every moment of this amazing experience that god has gifted me with," Kajol said. 

"We also have a production house-- Ajay Devgn Films. I am not involved in it 24x7. But yes, I like overseeing everything," she said. 

Her pairing with superstar Shah Rukh Khan had been a highlight of her career, as they delivered a number of romantic hits like 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge', 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai', 'Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham', among others. 

"I think it is got to do with the movies we have made together. They have all done well. There is a cinematic history that has contributed to the overall persona of us as a pair. We share a good comfort level and are also good friends," she said.

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 11 years ago

'Gippi' Box Office Collection: Karan Johar's Teenage Drama Opens to Poor Response; Earns ?75 Lakh On Day 1

Sonam Nair directorial "Gippi" opened to poor response at the domestic box office on the opening day.

Starring Riya Vij, Taaha Shah and Divya Dutta in leads roles, "Gippi" earned ?75 lakh on the first day facing tough competition from Saif Ali Khan starrer 'zom-com' titled "Go Goa Gone".

Summing up the opening day collections, trade analyst and film critic Taran Adarsh tweeted, "#Gippi Friday 75 lacs."

The much-hyped teenage drama produced by Karan Johar had received rave reviews from the critics but failed to fetch many viewers on the opening day. Falling into the category of a complete multiplex movie, "Gippi" witnessed dull occupancy in metros as well as in single screens.

Deprived of big star cast, "Gippi" is a simple yet interseting movie which revolves around the story of an over-weight teenager played by Riya Vij. The flick is said to be one of the low budget projects of Dharma Productions.

"Honestly speaking, it's ('Gippi') going to be a new experience for all of us because Dharma has never made such a film. We hope this one proves Dharma can also do small-budget films, but at the same time films that have content," Karan Johar told IANS.

"Gippi" hit the screens on Friday (10 May) along with "Go Goa Gone" starring Saif Ali Khan, Kunal Khemu, Vir Das and  Anand Tiwari in lead roles.

While 'Gippi' raked ?75 lakh on day 1, "Go Goa Gone" directed by Raj Nidimoru and Krishna D.K. collected ?3.75 crore. "Go Goa Gone" is also said to be a low budget movie but collected far better compared to "Gippi". The weekend collections will reportedly decide the fate of both the movies.

To contact the editor, e-mail: [email protected]

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/articles/466835/20130511/gippi-box-office-collection-karan-johar-poor.htm

shruti thumbnail

Hrithik Roshan gifts his mom 'fitness' this Mother's Day!

"Besides giving my mother flowers and a note for Mother's Day, I have also given her the gift of fitness this year", says Hrithik Roshan who has transformed his mom into a fitness freak. At the age of 60, Pinky Roshan has lost 20 kgs and looks fitter than ever.

Hrithik did a special interview with his mom on Mother's Day and shared these pictures on twitter. Have a look!

She looks great, doesn't she?

Hrithik Roshan Training With His Mom

Hrithik Roshan With Mom Pinky Roshan At The Gym

shruti thumbnail
Tuesday 30th April 2012 09.00 IST  Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

Q. Every week there are success parties but then why is there always a problem between multiplexes and distributors nearly every week and cinema timings not even listed on Friday in newspapers? 

A. Today a success party normally means a film has not done well. The problem with multiplexes are there as week in week out films are doing low occupancies so they want to lower the share for films.  N Sharma    

Q. Is is true that Mental will release on 22nd November?

A. Its unlikely that it can make it that quickly. January is looking the likeliest date.  S Modan              

Q. Bombay Talkies has the nearly all the industry in a song will that make a difference to the box office of the film?

A. Its pretty irrelevant as the small niche segment of audience who may care for these type of films know exactly what they are about. If the premium multiplex audience turns up it could do some business otherwise it holds little chance with the majority audience.  L Ali    

Q. Why has a film like Son Of Sardaar has got three times the rating of Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara on TV despite Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara having more appreciation? A.

A film like Son of Sardaar has a much wider reach so on television which is has a much wider audience than cinema it was always likely to do much better. Also appreciation for films like Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara is mainly from people who talk about cinema on internet, social media etc, its not that it has huge appreciation with the paying public outside 5-6 cities.  M Gupta

NOT PEOPLE LIKE US

Rajeev Masand is Entertainment Editor and film critic at CNN-IBN

EMAIL AUTHOR
shruti thumbnail

Let's Not Ask Her Screen Aget

shruti thumbnail
Let's Not Ask Her Screen Age • Tears of Luck • To Act or Not To Act
shruti thumbnail
NOT PEOPLE LIKE US

Rajeev Masand is Entertainment Editor and film critic at CNN-IBN

EMAIL AUTHOR

Let's Not Ask Her Screen Age

Let's Not Ask Her Screen Age • Tears of Luck • To Act or Not To Act

Deepika Padukone told me she got quite an earful from Ayan on the first day of shoot when she

Aditya Chopra has given Katrina Kaif three of her biggest films —Ek Tha Tiger (opposite Salman Khan, a bonafide blockbuster), Jab Tak Hai Jaan (opposite Shah Rukh Khan, another blockbuster), and the forthcoming Aamir Khan-vehicle Dhoom 3 (a surefire firecracker)—yet the actress turned down Gunday (which Aditya was reportedly keen that she star in) so she could work with Hrithik Roshan in Siddharth Anand's Knight & Day remake, Bang Bang, instead.

Priyanka Chopra slipped into Gunday instead, earning brownie points with the producer. And Bang Bang, whose shooting dates originally clashed with Gunday, has been endlessly delayed, with filming only likely to start in June now.

Industry pundits are saying Katrina is no longer in Aditya's 'good books', and she might have shot herself in the foot by turning down Gunday, where she would have been cast opposite younger heroes Ranveer Singh and Arjun Kapoor. "Working so frequently with the Khans and with Hrithik, her 'screen age' has become considerably more than her real age. Unlike Deepika and Anushka, Katrina doesn't have films opposite younger actors like Ranbir, Imran and Shahid. It wouldn't have hurt to do a film that would bring down her screen age," explains a respected film producer.

+++

Tears of Luck

Deepika Padukone may have known Ayan Mukerji from the time he directed her then-boyfriend Ranbir Kapoor in Wake Up Sid, but when she worked with the 29-year-old director on Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani recently, she reportedly received no favours on account of their old friendship. In fact, the actress told me she got quite an earful from Ayan on the first day of shoot when she "jokingly" made a comment that he didn't appreciate. "He really let me have it," she says, now smiling at the memory.

At the time, however, the actress burst into tears following the public dressing down she received and had to be pacified by Ayan and Ranbir (who stars opposite her in the film) before she could resume filming. It didn't help that they were filming in the freezing cold of Manali on a snow-capped mountain, where every minute spent not shooting was another minute allowing the chill to get into their bones. "I was okay soon, but it really threw me off initially, getting yelled at in front of the whole unit," Deepika recounts. "I guess what upset me most was that Ayan didn't realise I was only joking; he got mad at me for a joke."

Not an auspicious way to start a film, some would say. "Well, Farah [Khan] made me cry on my first day on Om Shanti Om," Deepika reveals cheekily. Didn't really hurt that movie, did it? Might even turn out to be a lucky charm.

+++

To Act or Not To Act

For years dismissed as a non-actor, this good-looking leading man insists he's finally been vindicated by the success of his latest film, even though feedback on his own performance was, at best, mixed. He's been lashing out at critics, saying things like: "I'm sorry I've proven you wrong!" and "Ouch, it must hurt that you couldn't keep me down."

His confidence and cockiness may come from the fact that his next release is a serious thriller directed by an awards-darling; a film that the star is convinced gives him enough scope to flex his acting muscles. But someone ought to remind him of that old adage of speaking too soon. Encouraged by his recent success, he goes next into filming the sequel of a blockbuster 'brainless comedy' that will more than likely have critics drawing their daggers again.

http://www.openthemagazine.com/article/voices/let-s-not-ask-her-screen-age