subi27 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

The sky was beginning to shed its shades of orange and turning black and the moon reminded of Doris Days'By the Light of Silvery Moon'.Oblivious to the busy night on the roads,inside the home,was a woman with immaculately smooth skin and extensive black hair falling down her shoulders. Her skin had also seemed to have acquired a translucent quality and glow that only served to enhance her beauty. Despite wearing a marvellously gold and polished ring that gleamed as brightly as the sparklings stars on the fourth finger of her left hand, what would've drawn most attention to any bystander who looked upon her was that she was smiling at her own reflection in the mirror.

'There is such a special sweetness in being able to participate in creation'.

A Pamela S.Nadav's one she had read somewhere crossed her mind and the smile in her lips extended to an extent that even the longest union pacific train would face its most humiliating defeat.A sudden realisation sweeped through her and thats when she saw an idiotic,grinning lookalike of her in the mirror.

Enough...she decided.She is not going to repeat this anymore like she has been doing for the past two days.She must decide something about this and now she will. She tiptoed to her room and took it from her wardrobe.She hid it under the shirt and again tiptoed with her head
swaying through its right and left to detect any presence around her.That's when another realisation dawned upon.She hit her head with her right palm and murmured "how did i forget that no one is at home? No wonder everybody call me fool.Now all these time wasted in hiding it from someone who is not even present in the first place".Moments later...

She twirled her hair nervously, her eyes focused on the reflection in the mirror. She had made a vow to herself not to look down before the three minutes were up, but it was proving difficult. If only she could focus her mind on something else. Anything else! And since when was three minutes an eternity? She guessed it was only at a time like this, and began to think of all the things she could accomplish in three minutes. Her list was short, for in three minutes one can hardly do anything. But these three minutes, these were torturous.She glanced at her watch, careful not to look down too far and break her promise. Two minutes to go. She tried to picture
herself with a baby on the way. Her belly growing round, her figure filling out in places it hadn't before. She pictured a tiny baby in her arms, grasping her finger with its fist. And then, pushing a toddler on a swing. "Highe mommy! Higher!". She could see it all. A slow smile spread across her face, and she knew the joy that could be hers, if only...

Jerking her from her thoughts, the buzz of her watch went off. The three minutes were up.She closed her eyes took a deep breath,then opened them, and looked down at the test she had carefully laid on the counter. She took a tiny gasp, and let the air out slowly, realization sinking in. She locked eyes with her reflection in the mirror, and as the tears began to roll down her cheeks, she was only halfway surprised. For deep in her soul she had longed for it to be true.Thats when she heard the knob to the front door click open,"OMG!its him.i should have noticed.its 8 already"wiping her eyes off tears and hiding the stick in her hands she came out greeting him with a smile that didn't reach her eyes.it seemed as if she was thinking something.

He sensed her uneasiness and a look at her face told him everything."Had my jaan been crying?".She looked at him with a sudden jolt and nodded her head vigorously."Whats
the matter,jaan?
",he asked her for which she responded by opening her hand infront of him and smiled which was more than just reaching her eyes.

He looked at what she showed then stared into her eyes deeply and said "Hold me".
Now,its her turn to stare into his eyes which was slightly moistened,as a lonetear escaped her eyes.It was out of pure joy.They hugged each other for quite some time before she spoke."This is why I can put up with you even at worst moments. A moment like this. I know I could never have it with anyone else". They continued to hold on to each other.At that moment she realised that havinga baby is like falling in love again, both with your husband and child.

No one knows how the days passed onto weeks and weeks onto months.Every one praised her for how well she glowed. With increasing days the advices from elders increased as if its a whole square package for which,at times she would complain,"I'm getting so much advice that,i just started tuning it out.If one more person tells me anything,i'm going to shoot 'em". But she could never ever complain about her baby coz' it was the tiniest thing she had ever put her life into.Many times he would sneak into their room to find her staring at herself in the mirror with a baby bump formed by a pillow under her shirt.It was the most beautiful sight he had ever seen.He cant imagine himself waiting another 32 weeks to hold the baby.Suddenly 32 seemed to be a larger number than infinity.

At times she would hit him whining "I want an angel and don't you dare ask for a champ to join your basketball practise.Its not like i wont consider the champ request next time.But you yourselves have said many times that i'm your angel.Since i,m an angel my baby would be an angel too and angels are always soft,beautiful,light hearted,always smiling,tolerant,pretty,etc,etc which all are the qualities of women by which it means that it suits me so as my to be.So with all the truths spoken i hereby conclude that our baby is going to be an angel and not a champ.i
think you could understand..."

"Whoa.. Whoa.. jaan!!! Breathe... Breathe...I'm accepting my defeat i don'tneed my champ.I'm quite okay with our angel and yes,i definitely appreciateyour genertosity for considering my request next time.Now please stop speakingthis fast or atleast until our angel joins us ok???"

This had become a routine in these past weeks for her to shout and for him to pacify her.All thanks to her mood swings.In these weeks he had very well understood that being pregnant comes with a lot,lot of emotions you never realized you had.At times she would cry badly over a melting icecream and then just mouth a "Its ok" for a broken vase which,is hardly her.It was all new for him.Everything was going well until...

"Jaan,where are you???How much more time are you going to take???Are'nt you eager to see the first ever picture of your angel???"shouting so,he climbed through the stairs into their room."Jaan,i'm shouting like hell there and what's the joy do you get in keeping mum???Jaan,i'm talking to you"saying so,he shook her.

She came out of her reverie and on seeing him let out a smile that didn't reach her eyes it seemed as if she was thinking something.He sensed her uneasiness and a look at her face told him everything "Had been my Jaan crying?"she looked at him with a sudden jolt and nodded her head vigorously."whats the matter,Jaan?"he asked.

"Somethings wrong.There is a sudden void in my soul.Its like something bad is going to happen.I cant feel the baby moving"she said through her tears.

"Dont be silly,Jaan.You are just in your 3rd month and baby grows its organ only in 4rth.So,don't you let your moodswings affect your mind.Now,come.Lets go,maybe you'll believe me once you see your angel yourself"                  

After the sonography session they returned back home.The words of doctor echoed through their mind,both thinking of same words but about different persons.Neither of them looked at each other let alone speak.

"I'm extremely sorry.Oligohydramnios has been detected in the sonogram,which means there is too little amniotic fluid for the baby to inhale and feed.It may result in lung and limb defects or miscarriage or premature birth or stillbirth.In any case,if not paid attention,will not only affect the baby but also the mother and this abnormality in 3rd month is already reducing the baby's heartbeat.you both must decide something very quickly.We should remove it as soon as possible.By saying very quickly,I mean it"

Neither did know how did they reach home.As she ascended upstairs,"Jaan,we need to talk"he started.She halted but didn't turn.He got hold of her shoulders and said"I need you,Jaan.I,m not going to loose you.Please don't reject what i'm going to say".

She very well know what he is going to say and she would never ever get through the emptiness in her womb for which she could endure the morning sickness for thousand births."REMOVE IT",the words scared her.But there is nothing she could do.she nodded. He stared into her eyes deeply and said "Hold me".Now,its her turn to stare into his eyes which were slightly moistened,as a lone tear escaped her eyes.They hugged each other for god knows how long.It was like a deja vu except that there is no joy...

Edited by subi27 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Leve thumbnail
OMG this story is so sad..you have written so beautifully πŸ‘
whenever i see a long paragraph OS i don't read it πŸ˜› but your unique and funny similes had me reading the whole thing πŸ˜† your way of writing is very interesting πŸ‘
the story was really devastating. you have portrayed all the emotions wonderfully. it's like i am watching them go through all these things 

subi27 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clever.Foxxy

OMG this story is so sad..you have written so beautifully πŸ‘

whenever i see a long paragraph OS i don't read it πŸ˜› but your unique and funny similes had me reading the whole thing πŸ˜† your way of writing is very interesting πŸ‘
the story was really devastating. you have portrayed all the emotions wonderfully. it's like i am watching them go through all these things 

a very hearty thank u Clever.FoxxyπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ u dont know what ur words counts to me😊😊this is my first ever writing and u r my first ever like and commentπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒi'll remember ur each and every words as this means a lot to me πŸ₯³so this is for uπŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—
Leve thumbnail

Originally posted by: subi27

a very hearty thank u Clever.FoxxyπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒu dont know what ur words counts to me😊😊this is my first ever writing and u r my first ever like and commentπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒi'll remember ur each and every words as this means alot to meπŸ₯³so this is for uπŸ€—

m just the first u will get many more likes and comments 😳
m glad I was the first one though πŸ€—πŸ€—
omg dear this certainly doesnt look like ur first writing! u have a talent πŸ‘
..nisaluvrk.. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
a very sad one..more so coz you emoted it really beautifully...
subi27 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..nisaluvrk..

a very sad one..more so coz you emoted it really beautifully...

Thank you for ur lovely comment nisaπŸ˜ƒ
dreamer_dreams thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Heartbreaking!! Well written!
subi27 thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: dreamer_dreams

Heartbreaking!! Well written!

thank u dreamer_dreams ...its really kind of u to comment...as im a newbie i definitely need ur views:-):-):-):-):-)