Lalaland222 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

Another Random thought! Hope you guys like it. ^_^ I can't believe its my 4th Os. Lol. :P 

Here it goes-

OS- Her hopes.

Today was a big day for Khushi. Her hopes were high as ever because maybe it was the last chance for her and her hopes.

It all started few months ago when Khushi had shifted to Delhi from Lucknow due to her dream job which was working as an editor at AR designs. Khushi knew that she was going to Delhi for good because she had nothing to go back to. Her parents had passed away when she was young and she was living with her aunt from then who now was going abroad to her son and daughter-in-law because Khushi had now settled in Delhi and Payal being her best-friend had no issue with Khushi living with her forever.

Soon Khushi had mixed up with her colleagues and also was fond of Delhi. Due to her amazing devotion to her work she had been promoted to a higher level of editing in just a few weeks. When she heard that her boss, who she had never seen by any chance because he was always very busy, had called her up to his cabin to congratulate her personally, was totally overjoyed.

To her shock, her boss was her old school friend Arnav Singh Raizada. Both the friends had talked and Khushi was blown away from how much he remembered about her. Also she had heard that he was a very rude and arrogant boss but she had witnessed a whole different person.

When she went home, the feelings she had been trying to hide out from herself were back again. She had never thought she'd meet him again and also like this as her boss. He had went away overseas to study and that's when she lost all her hopes.

Soon in other few weeks she got to know that Akash had been crushing over Payal from years and now that he had proposed her there was no chance of Payal giving him a negative answer. And now all the preparations had began and tat meant going with the Raizada brothers every where. Arnav had behaved differently with Khushi all along.

Khushi had told Payal and Akash about her feeling towards Arnav coming back all together. She had tried to forget him so hard all these long years and now that she was back to the old friend-circle she had started to feel for him again. But it was different from before, he did notice her, smiled at her, talked to her which brought all that emotional feeling back. Her hopes were high again.

A few days before Payal's wedding functions, Payal told Khushi that Arnav had made an announcement that he'd choose that one girl he loves and will marry. But what really had given her shock was that he'd choose that very girl from their friend-circle. This had made her hopes high to the 7th Sky. But there had been a few negative thoughts about not choosing her but Payal was very positive about it.

A day before the Haldi, everybody as in the Raizada family and all the friends had been invited to RM. Khushi's heart had been beating fast since his invite about the announcement. Khushi couldn't wait till his announcement but there was something bothering her back in her mind which she had ignored.

"Settle down now everybody." –Arnav said as everybody sat back and looked at Arnav inquisitively. There was silence for some seconds but his desperate sister broke it.

"Come on Chote, I can't wait that long. It's giving me a heart attack." – Anjali said dramatically.

"God Di, please!" –Arnav rolled his eyes.

Khushi was glad that someone had asked him to spit it all out quickly because she was going to blow up any minute now. She had even started sweating, badly.

"I know, my family has waited for this for a very…VERY long time so I'll just quickly say her name." –Arnav said as he left a sigh out and looked at the floor.

Two souls, who had their world stuck in their throats, were Anjali and Khushi. Anjali raised her eyebrows at Arnav almost ready to jump up and there was Khushi who held on to Payal's hand so tightly that Payal thought she'll break it.

Arnav looked back up and spoke…

"It's… Lavanya." –He let a heavy breath out and looked at Lavanya. Everybody was very happy and jumped in joy. But three people were shocked to here it.

Payal felt her heart drop down to her stomach as she felt Khushi's grip loose just as he had said Lavanya. A lump had quickly formed in her throat thinking about Khushi and when she turned to face her she looked pale but she was smiling too. Of-course she was, Khushi never broke down in front of others. She seemed invincible to the world but inside she was the weakest person. Payal took a hold of her hand which was cold.

Khushi smilingly looked down at the floor as Lavanya hugged Arnav and Arnav twirled her around in the air. Khushi looked up to Payal and then Akash who were just looked at her with straight faces. Khushi couldn't look at Arnav because if she did she'd definitely break down. Lumps kept forming in Khushi's throat but she kept swallowing hard which didn't go unnoticed by Anjali while she hugged Arnav and his back was to Khushi.

His voice brought back Khushi from her shattered world of hopes.

"It's all thanks to Khushi. She is the one who made me confess." – Arnav looked at Khushi smilingly. Khushi looked up not registering when she had made him want to confess but then it hit her when he spoke her words.

"You should never back away from your love because if you do you would loose them. Just like I did…" –Khushi whispered her last words.

"Just like you did?" –Arnav squinted his eyes in curiosity.

"I mean, I did but now I'm back on track." –Khushi smiled brightly thinking that she had hope in Arnav again. And soon was saved from further questions because his phone rang & he had excused himself.

The flash back had hit. She had never thought that he'd think about her words so carefully. Another lumped formed in her throat which she gulped with great difficulty as she looked up at him right in his eyes and smiled.

Days had passed after that incident. Khushi had thought of avoiding Arnav but then thought against it thinking that it would be too obvious and it would be ridiculous.

Of-course she had cried that same night and the next day but not in front of everyone. She would never do that. She might seem invincible to the world but she was the softest person at heart. Payal had seen her do that but she had let her be because she asked her to leave her like that.

Khushi returned to the office and was perfectly normal. She had seen Arnav going inside his cabin but she hoped inside that he wouldn't call her or talk to her. But God definitely had other plans… He had called her –

"Khushi, I wanted to thank you once again." –Arnav got up from his seat as she entered.

"Arnav, its nothing that I have done."- Khushi replied looking down at the floor.

"But there is something I want you to do." –Arnav said as he sat back at his seat and gestured her to seat as well.

"Oh, I'll do anything." – She said and sat down uncomfortably not knowing what he'd ask for.

"I've seen how you've planned Payal and Akash's wedding and all the dcor and other stuff; I really liked it so I want you to plan everything." – Arnav said looking at her confidently.

"Um… I'm not sure if I'll be able to do that. I was even wanted to talk about my job… I was going to resign because I have to go back to Lucknow." – She had no idea what she was saying but she had to get away from him.

"Resign? Khushi you can't do that. I can't risk loosing one of the best employees. I won't let you resign like that as your boss that is an order." – He said with a straight face. "And as an old friend I request you to plan my wedding." – He continued in his normal tone.

"But Arnav I…" –Khushi tried to argue further but he didn't let her.

"Today I have to go to his farm house to get that material he was talking about for me to use on his engagement." –Khushi said as she folded her clean clothes into the drawer.

"Oh okay. Khushi… are you still planning to tell him?" –Payal questioned her worriedly.

"Yes, I want this to get over. It's like a burden. I'll tell him and I know he wont like it or probably will end up hating me but at least I won't have the feeling of regret of not trying once. I'll leave for Lucknow in a day or two maybe. I shouldn't have come anyway." –Khushi said as she sat down on the bed with a thud.

Payal just hummed and nodded. Khushi was going to tell Arnav about what she has been feeling since years whether he'd like it or not.

On the way to the farm house which was in the forest Khushi kept quiet mostly but she kept answering his questions which he kept asking time to time casually.

After the 15 minutes drive the car stopped on the deserted road. Khushi looked around to find the farm house but she couldn't.

"Oh sorry, actually we'll have to walk from here. It's in the middle of the forest." –Arnav pulled his seat belt off and opened the door.

Arnav had explained to her why he had bought and made such a house in this jungle like place. It was because he loved it here as it seemed peaceful and all away from the world. He also told her that he had never brought anyone here not even his family except for her now.

Khushi felt like bursting her tears out. She was listening to him, nodding and smiling occasionally as he kept talking about the forest, the farm house, the wedding… his wedding. Khushi finally stopped. Arnav had taken a few steps further when he realized that Khushi wasn't walking next to him anymore and was standing behind with her head looking down and her hands curled like balls tightly.

"Khushi?" –Arnav had a concern filled voice. He walked towards her and kept a hand on her shoulder. When she didn't look up he kept the other hand on her shoulder as well. He shook her lightly and she had finally looked up in his eyes with her tearful ones.

"Arnav, I love you." – Khushi whispered looking into his eyes as a lone tear fell on her cheek.

Arnav had been totally shaken by her words. His hands fell down from her shoulders in disbelief as Khushi's eyes followed his action. And she knew this wouldn't turn out to be good. He would hate her now.

"Arnav first listen to me. I… just wanted to tell you that… I lo…love you because I had been hiding these feelings since childhood. I wasn't able to tell you. I'm sorry… I really am… I don't know… it's just that I couldn't live my life in regret of not confessing once. I didn't want me to be in regret. I know you'll hate me. This was why I wanted to go back and leave the job but you didn't let me." –Khushi kept saying what came up to her mind. She couldn't look up at him anymore. It wasn't even making any sense. He was just standing there like a statue and staring at her.

Khushi kept looking at the floor as tears kept sliding down slowly. After a few minutes of silence Arnav finally spoke.

"Khushi… you… you shouldn't have told me that. Now I'll be the one in regret." – He sighed and looked away. "Khushi I don't like you like that. I haven't ever liked you like that. I had never down any thing on purpose to give you wrong signs. I like you…a lot but as a friend only." –Arnav said looking at her while she didn't meet his eyes. "I'm sorry." –he whispered.

"…That's okay! I had expected that. I totally understand and I know it's my entire fault." –Khushi said as she whipped her tears and tried to smile. She didn't want him to feel sorry for her.

"Khushi, I think it's the best if you go." –Arnav said looking sadly at her.

"I am going, tomorrow. I… um… think this is a good bye then." –Khushi said in a barely audible voice.

"Good-bye Khushi." –Arnav said and was about to put his hand forward for a handshake but she had already turned away to walk.

Arnav looked at her walking with her back to him. He sighed feeling guilty and turned to go to the farm house. He had taken few slow steps towards the path way when he felt something soft and warm collide with him.

Khushi had only a few steps to take to get to the road. She was all worn out and she didn't want to feel that broken feeling. She took her phone out to call Payal when she had seen a gun man going towards the farm-house. Khushi had ignored it then but he had stopped and hid behind a tree trunk to attend a call.

"Yes, I'm here." –He said.

"No, I saw a girl with him but she is going now."

"I'll do it. I know what to do. I'll finish him."

When Khushi had heard this, her senses seemed to have been lost. Instead of being careful or thinking of calling Arnav, she ran to where Arnav was and she saw him walking slowly towards the farm house and then she hugged him from behind.

Arnav held her arms and there was this sudden anger that rose in him. He tired to push her away. "Khushi I told you about my feelings for you but you're just making it worse." –Arnav gritted his teeth and was about to push her away when he heard a gun shot, twice.

For seconds he didn't realize what exactly was happening but when Khushi took his name he could comprehend the situation.

"Arnav…" – Khushi whispered.

Her hands started loosing her grip from Arnav and Arnav turned to Khushi who had her lids half closed, pale and worst her plain green Kameez was filled with blood.

Arnav had panicked. He bent down and placed Khushi in his lap and took his phone out to call the ambulance. Khushi's breath was heavy at first but now it became shallower; her face was going paler and she held his hand in hers tightly.

"Khushi, Khushi… everything will be fine. Ambulance is on the way!" –Arnav impatiently rubbing her hands. Khushi's grip on his hand loosened.

"Arnav… please… don't… please don't hate me." –Khushi whispered in an inaudible voice and slowly closed her eyes and her hand slipped out of Arnav's.   

I have no idea but I think it sucks. :P Because I have never written sad endings, I always end up writing cute and happy endings but today just wasn't the happy-happy day. :P Sometimes things don't always end up good so I thought I'd give it a shot. Hope you like it. I'll be waiting for your comments. :) 

Ps- Should I write a part 2? :/ I'm not sure of a part-2. Anyway! Have a nice day! ^_^ 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

56arnav56 thumbnail
hey pls post part 2 amazing and dnt let khushi die
saavan_lover thumbnail
Awesome shot! Made me so emotional :( I cried at the end :'( please don't make Khushi die and please do give us a second part.
raniluvsasr thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Hey dis was really very awsum,continue soon. I enjoyed it. Plzz do give a part 2. Ohh god i hope khushi is not dead. And whu wud hav planned to kill arnav. Awsum stry. Continue soon
tinsel thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Heart breaking OS!😭
Beautifully written👏
jtammareddy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Awesome OS. Poor Khushi is heart broken. But, gave her life away to save Arnav's leaving him guilty now.

Thanks for the pm.
hellomotto369 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
wow great concept!! you shud totally continue!! its amazing!!
loquacious_soul thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Pretty please dont let khushi die wow amazing totally different luved it. The best part was the confessionEdited by aboli.desh - 11 years ago
tvserial2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
wonderful .Please give us part 2.

Thanks for the PM
rehsanzsobti thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
hope khushi is fine.can't wait for part 2. update soon.