Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aparna_BD thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Thanks every one for making this debate so exciting. First i was like 10 pages!😲😭 How am i going to read it all. But each and every one's argument was so convincing that it didn't take too much time and reading was a breeze !!😊

I will be posting a thread annoucing the judges soon. So please have patience !!
MNMS thumbnail
Rebuttal:

Wikipedia is an encyclopedia which is monitored and the facts are rechecked. We have also used different sites and encyclopedia Brittanica for references.

We emphasised that we are reverting back to ancient South Asian culture.

Culture is never stagnant, it is still in developement. there is no point in past or present when you can say that culture has fully developed!

MNMS thumbnail
To prove that cultures are always in the process of evolvement, we have given different theories ideologies and facts from the History.

Revolutions have been in the past, revolutions will occur in the future, but it would never effect the basic essense of our culture which is strong and able to resist such pressures.

It was nice debating with the opposite team 😊 I enjoyed the experiance very much.
Morgoth thumbnail

CLOSING STATEMENT:

Culture is not made up of clothing and monuments. Culture is what exists INSIDE of you – it is inherent and can't be removed as easily as burning a piece of cloth or destroying a building.

Why are we feeling so threatened by the West? Is our culture so weak that it can be lost in a heartbeat? Are our values so weak that we try to change them merely based on "western influence"? Have WE ourselves lost faith in our culture?

I don't think so. Not as long as I am alive. I will wear Jeans and Kurta shirts. I will speak English, but will never truly lose my Indian accent. I will converse with my friends and family in Hindi and Gujarati and sing "Mitwa" in the shower. I will continue to complain that nothing can beat the Jalebi and Gulabjamun from a certain store in Mumbai. 😆

Yes, I am not like the Dravidian of 1500 BCE or like an Indian from 1950. I am what India is today. I chat with my friends on Computers – a field my country has made rapid and astounding progress in – instead of tying a letter to the leg of a kabootar (or Passenger Pigeon 😛).

Yes, we have changed and the change has come with pros and cons. But, we still preserve the good in our culture. As long as there is even a single Indian who has faith in his/her values, Indian culture will not be lost.

Jis vyakti ko apne sanksaaron ke bal, apne sanskaaron ki atalta par bharosa na ho, wohi kahega ki sanskaar brasht ho rahe hain. Wo vyakti "laachaar" ho ke dekhta rahega aur shikaayat karega Paschimi deshon ke khilaaf! Wo yaad nahin rakhega ke hamare swatantrata sainik bhi ussi ki tarah saadharan insaan the.

Uss vyakti se meri darkhwast hai ki apne aap par bharosa rakhein. Apne Sanskaaron par bharosa rakhein. Achchi baaton ko apnaaye, chahe wo paschimi kyon na ho. Aur buri baaton ko nikale, chahe wo "desi" kyon na ho. Isse angrezi mein "Globalization" kehte hai aur hindi mein "vaidhikaran".

Hindustan ek loktantra hai. Humare desh mein har mazhab, har bhasha aur har ek insaan ko apnaya jaata hai, chahe wo hum se "alag" kyon na ho. Aur unhein apnana hi chahiye! Warna "unity in diversity" ya "vibhinnata mein ekta" ka koi mol nahin.

Yehi hai asli sanskaar ki pehchaan. Yehi hai asli Hindustani ki pehchaan.

Jai Hind.

Morgoth thumbnail

Originally posted by: ~Khizer~

Another thing, many people have used wikipedia as their source but you know if you had used wikipedia as a source in a real college paper. Wikipedia would be rejected as a source because it is written by people such as you and me. Trust me I have had experience!😆

Wikipedia is an acceptable source (for colleges, universities and forums) as long as there are citations going back to other sites, which can be rechecked. I am speaking from experience too. 😊