Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KaransWorld thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Finally a new chapter...tried to make it a little longer then usual to compensate for the time it took...I was just kinda stuck...and then I sort of organized a couple of chapters in my head and when that made some sense started writing again...anyways hope y'all enjoyed...thank you for all your comments and please continue with the feedback 😊

Cheers,

KaransWorld

Chapter 4

The alarm blared and Armaan shot up from his bed like an arrow…he quickly shut it before his daughter woke up…he went to the washroom and looked in the mirror…the hot and happening Armaan Malik looked like total crap…his eyes were bloodshot red from the lack of sleep in the past 2 weeks…he didn't have the time shave…but today he actually had to be somewhere…it was his first day of work at Sanjeevani so he couldn't risk looking like a hobo…so he plugged in his razor and began to shave…then he took a quick shower…after he came out and looked in the mirror…he actually looked human again…he loved his baby but man she was stubborn like him…when she didn't want to sleep she wouldn't budge…and if she didn't want sleep then neither could her pa and Niki…before Armaan could do anything more he sweetie pie roared…and like always he ran to her…he was still in his towel but nothing mattered when his daughter cried…he slowly rocked her and patted her back…she didn't seem hungry and her diaper was clean so he slowly put her back in her crib.

In the past two weeks a lot had changed...for one was Armaan's room…there was a beautiful mahogany crib that was next to his bed…inside there was comfortable bedding…the little refrigerator in his room which used to have chilled beer…now contained baby wipes and juice. His stereo that once blasted Metallica now played soothing music to aid him in making his baby sleep…his closet had a lot more pink...his bed side table that once had an ashtray and books now had packets of diapers, bibs, pacifiers and how to books on newborns…every night as he tried to coax his baby into sleep Armaan learned new things about babies...he even learned some lullabies…even though his baritone voice wasn't made for them…his daughter seem to like it when he sang and so for her he did.

After she was back to sleep he quickly changed into jeans and plain t-shirt…he fixed his hair…sprayed on some cologne…after a long time and slowly walked outside…Niki was sitting reading a book in the lounge…as he headed towards the kitchen to grab something to eat…he was the only person who was having a hard time adjusting to this new life with a baby…were her every whim decided whether you slept or ate…but Niki never complained…she just coped like Armaan…because like him she loved the little princess who was thankfully sleeping now…she noticed him going towards the kitchen.

Good morning…you're looking better she looked at him up and down he definitely looked like the old Armaan.

Ya…I actually have to look like a normal person today… you know zombies don't work in hospitals…he said and laughed at his own joke…Niki looked at him weird…ya sure…anyways you want me to you breakfast for something…Nah he replied…I'll make it…you need to save up your energy for today because today…your all alone with little Miss. my way or the highway…he laughed and then looked serious…Hey Niki…dude I don't know how to thank you for whatever you are doing I mean I don't know I would've survived…I mean she's so little but such a handful…before he could continue she got up and hugged him…Shut up you idiot! I'm you're best friend so I don't want hear another thank you from you…understand? Armaan shook his head…he then quickly made some toast and ran out the door…he was getting late…and then he came running back because he had forgotten the most important thing…he ran to his room and kissed his daughter and then ran back out…

At the hospital…

Atul was the first to arrive…he was a average looking guy a little on the chubby side…he had a red tika on his forehead and a backpack on his back…he looked more like a school student on the first day of school rather than a new intern at Sanjeevini… he went the reception and stood their waiting…he was early like always…his father had always taught him that being early by 10 minutes would do no harm…and he followed that teaching religiously…he had wanted to become a doctor because of his parents…his father ran the family textile business…but had always wanted to become a doctor and Atul was now fulfilling his father's dream…this internship meant everything to him...he looked around the hospital…everything was so new to him…and he was so excited to be assigned his new duties on the first day…he had heard the Dr. Kirti was a hard nut…but he felt happy regardless as she was one of the best doctors of her profession and he would get a chance to interact with her…and he promised himself that he would try not to disappoint her in anyway…

As Atul stood…waiting for his other colleagues to join him…he saw the most beautiful girl in the world walk toward him…he was so surprised why was she walking towards him…she wasn't wearing a doctors coat…and she couldn't possibly be an intern…because she looked like a model…no one could look like that and be a doctor…the studying was to intense for a pretty face…he kept staring till he realized she was speaking to him.

Why are you staring at me? She said in a stern voice…have you never seen a girl before…stop it…how can you be so batmeez…hello?

He finally came out of his state of shock and spoke…almost stuttering…not only were her looks intimating but so was the way she carried herself and spoke…Sorry mam…I actually was just waiting…I'm a new intern and they called saying that today all the interns should wait at the reception until further instruction…

She looked surprised for a moment…and then she laughed a little… You're a doctor….here I mean you got chosen to be a intern and Sanjeevani…even though she was making fun of him he couldn't help but smile…her laugh was so melodious he was smitten…he blinked and tried to block her charm and said…by the way my name is Dr. Atul Joshi…he put forth his hand for her to shake…and yours mam…

She looked a little taken back…as he hadn't reacted to her insult and confusingly shook his hand…Dr. Anjali Shashank Gupta…I'm the dean's daughter she said proudly and smiled.

He smiled back…as they continued to talk a girl in a simple salwar suit was swiftly walking towards the reception desk staring at her watch…her dupatta was flying as she made her way…Di…why didn't you wait for me? You know kitna time laga rickshaw hire karne meh? She looked up with her emerald eyes at her sister that was a polar opposite of her…she looked like a simpleton where her sister looked like a model out of a magazine…Anjali turned away from her conversation with Atul to talk to her sister….Ritzi…you know na that I'm Dr. Anjali Gupta here and you're Dr. Riddhima Gupta…stop this di nonsense…here we are colleagues not siblings and anyways I couldn't be late…plus you're here before time also…so who cares.

Riddhima huffed a little…Ya ya..Dr.Gupta…anyways she walked towards Atul and introduced herself to him…he was a little surprised that she was Anjali's sister but then wasn't at the same time because she was also just as beautiful. They waited…Riddhima complained…I thought we were the ones that had been warned about punctuality…and as if on cue Dr. Kirti was in front of them…she was quite a lady…tall, quite good looking and sharp…she introduced herself…

Hello…My name is Dr. Kirti, I would like to welcome you all to Sanjeevani…because you have shown certain potential you have been chosen for this 1 year internship. I am your supervising doctor and everyday you will report to me…I will give you your duties and you will follow them. I hate tardiness and I'm not your mother or babysitter so I am not going to go looking for you if you don't answer your pager or hear an announcement. Your pagers, stethoscopes, name tags, and coats will be given to you shortly. I'm going to call your name…just say here…I won't be doing this everyday…because this isn't a school…I just want to match a face with these names…and so she called out all the names….and reached Armaan.

Dr. Armaan Malik? Do any of you know where he is? They all shook their head…alright and she continued Dr. Shilpa Malhotra? I'll assume you don't know where she is either? They shook their heads again…anyways I'll so you all the locker room and then the rest of the hospital…and then assign duties…lets go! Before they could move Riddhima…trying to be a little oversmart asked…Dr.Kirti…will these doctors be kicked out the program…while thinking to herself the fewer the people the easier the competition…and the better chances to come on top…to Riddhima…this internship meant everything…she wanted to prove her capabilities to everyone. Dr. Kirti…immediately replies sternly Dr. Riddhima I would prefer you focus on what you are doing...and she looks at all three of them and says…the same goes to all of you now lets not waste anymore time shall we…and then they all followed Dr.Kirti ready to start their new journey as doctors.

Promo (for the first time)

Armaan was stuck...why the hell did this have to happen today? Shilpa...couldn't believe she would be late...what would she do now?

Anyways please look forward to the next chapter...that will hopefully come soon!

Cheers,

KaransWorld

LoveArsh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Amazing update,niki is such a sweetheart,loved the update excluding ridz entry,waiting for shilpa entry do cont soon n thanks for the pm :)
hangok thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
i think you know how much i love your ffs, and with every part i love it more and more, you describe everything so well that it is easy to imagine it, loved how you wrote about armaans house how it was earlier and how it is now...
so both are late, what has to mean😳
oh i forget to say thanks for a longer update, i dont mind when you update longer😆
thanks for pm
sammy4u thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
great update
armaan n shilpa both are late..uh oh!
LiveLaughLove.. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
superb 
waiting for shilpas entry
thanks for the pm dear
hangok thumbnail
just want to say that i miss the ff😔
it would be great to read the next part...
teenorchid thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
plz make an index on pg 1. I like the ff . Do pm me when u update
KaransWorld thumbnail
Hey guys! Thanks for all the comments I will be posting the next chapter probably on Sunday... I was going to write the chapter today...but I was kinda feeling like crap and  I cried a lot for like no reason so couldn't really write a happy chapter (which i want this next chapter to be with all lot of comical moments)..I'm quite a moody person and I guess therefore quite a moody writer so sorry to keep y'all waiting for the next update..anyways hopefully not to disappoint with their meeting which I have planned out..kind of ðŸ˜‰

Cheers,
KaransWorld

hangok thumbnail
im waiting for the next part😊
KaransWorld thumbnail
Will update soon! Don't lose hope! I'm just having a bit of a block..in terms of how to write the next chapter...but I will promise that the next chapter will be nice and long!

Cheers,
KaransWorld