Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

taahir004 thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Thanks for update , I really to feel for Aarti but I'm happy she finally told Yash she loves him
oh and now Ishita ... ?
Awesome update
jikky_84 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Lovely update Saffi ๐Ÿ‘

Finally Arati told her love to Yash ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Now Palak's emergency...you stopped at the cliff hanger ...

Continue soon ๐Ÿ˜›
Love2read thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
awesome update after a very very very long time..

waiting for next update...

ilovepyaar thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Thanks for the comments everyone! They're all very much appreciated! The next chapter is written and is just undergoing some major editing right now. It should be posted soon! =D
roserosey thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ilovepyaar

Thanks for the comments everyone! They're all very much appreciated! The next chapter is written and is just undergoing some major editing right now. It should be posted soon! =D

i m waiting very eagerly saffi๐Ÿ˜›
ilovepyaar thumbnail
This is the last chapter guys. I'm going to be very honest. I don't want to leave this abandoned, but I have no inspiration for this story anymore. I wrapped it up in this chapter as best as I could. I will come back with a shorter story because I don't think I have the patience for longer ones. That being said, this is the longest story that I've ever written, so As Long As I Live is very close to my heart! The final chapter will be up today. It was a great journey and I'd like to thank all of you! <3
ilovepyaar thumbnail
Chapter 24

"Ishita, pack up! Let's go!" Yash said, without glancing back. Panic was evident in his voice.

"Aarti I have to go! I'm sorry Aarti but Palak, I haven't seen her for years and when I hear about her this is what happens. I will never forgive myself as a father if something happens to her Aarti!"

Aarti was in shock. The moment for something like this to come up was not now - it couldn't be now! She had just confessed her love to Yash and now they had another difficult situation to face. "Yash, I'll come with you. I'm her mother. If you've been a bad father, I haven't been any better of a mother. Yash, let me come with you, please! Mansi and Aman will be okay here, they don't need me."

Yash nodded, not in the mood to argue right now. He needed to catch the next plane back to India. He quickly called the flight centre and booked three tickets. 

In the plane, Ishita explained to Yash that Palak's heart was weak. It had been weak from the moment of conception but the doctor's failed to notice until recently. Now she was on life support, fighting for her life.

Yash buried his face in his hands and Aarti was about to comfort him but was beaten to it by Ishita who placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry Yash," she told him, "I'm sure that everything will be okay."

Aarti felt her own eyes tear up. It was true that she hadn't known Palak for long, but in that short period of time, she had bonded with her like a mother would with her child. She had considered Palak her own. But even she hadn't remembered Palak's innocent face when she left her. She didn't give Palak a second thought. She was selfish, she was horrible.

Aarti faced the other side and let the tears silently flow out of her eyes, repenting ever leaving Palak.

As soon as their flight landed, they rushed to the hospital where Palak's condition was slowly deteriorating. Yash looked into the window of the ICU and cried. Ishita made her way to comfort him again, but this time Aarti took his hand first. She held on to his hand tightly and he turned around and buried his face in her shoulder. She stroked his hair lovingly, crying herself.

The family was scattered around the room - Gayatri hadn't even glanced at Aarti once when she came in the room and Prateek was too busy comforting Paridhi to even notice Aarti in the room. The rest of the family had not said a word to her.

Soon the doctor came out and nervously looked at them. "We can perform a heart transplant but the chances of failing are extremely high. Right now her chances are slim as well. However, we certainly would advise you to follow through with this transplant. There is no guarantee, but the chances look better than they are right now. We need to start this process as soon as possible. Fortunately, we have a suitable match for her."

Yash's face contained grief. "I can't make this decision," he whispered out loud.

Aarti gently lifted his chin with her finger. "Yash, think practically," she said softly, cupping his cheek. "We have to do this. We have to try."

Yash took her hand off his cheek and squeezed it, nodding. He had faith in Aarti's words. He had to protect his daughter and he had to do it now. There was no time to think about it - this was the most logical route. "Yes, we will do this transplant."

Soon the transplant process began and was over before they knew it.

Aarti held Yash's hand the whole time, silently offering him comfort, hoping that she would be able to compose herself. Yash's family had not said one word to her. They were all too distraught with the recent event that they did not have the courage to speak to her as of now.

A doctor walked out of the operation room and removed his mask. Yash let go of Aarti's hand and ran towards him. Aarti sympathetically watched a tearful Yash fold his hands in front of the doctor.

"Palak," he breathed out, "Palak, how is she?"

"She's fine Mr. Scindhia. It is with God's grace that this operation was successful."

Yash looked up and closed his eyes in relief. Aarti smiled, her whole body filled with happiness.

"Thank you doctor," Yash whispered, "Thank you so much."

The doctor held his shoulder. "She's going to be alright Mr. Scindhia. She will be perfectly fine. However, we need to keep her under observation for a few days before we let her go. Her new heart still needs to adjust, so it's relatively weak. With time it will grow stronger. You can come and visit her tomorrow. For now she can't have any visitors, she needs her rest."

"That's fine doctor, I'm just happy she's okay."

That night at home, everyone was in a good mood. Gayatri had even given Aarti her blessings. Everyone welcomed Aarti back into their family happily, for her presence made Yash very happy. It was only Ishita who seemed sour.

Soon, Ishita left for her own home and everyone departed for bed while Prateek and Paridhi went to the hospital to keep Palak company.

Aarti and Yash made it to their own room and faced each other. Yash opened his arms and Aarti fell into them so easily, like this was meant to happen.

Aarti asked him a question that was bothering her. "Yash," she said, "Why does Ishita act strange around me? Why do I feel so uncomfortable about her?"

Yash placed a hand on Aarti's shoulder. "She likes me. Mom sent her to Canada to be my assistant. She had plans to arrange our marriage, but I told mom I didn't want to get married to anyone else."

Aarti placed her head on Yash's shoulder and smiled. "It feels nice to know that my Yash is wanted."

Yash chuckled. "I'm yours, only yours Aarti."

He took her hand and rubbed it lovingly. 

"Everything feels so perfect Aarti. I'm so glad to have you back in my life."

"We lost two years where we could have been together Yash."

"One moment with you and my life is complete Aarti. I don't need anymore time than that. I'm just very grateful that I have you in my life. I love you."

"I love you too Yash."

Yash leaned towards her slowly and touched her lips with his. Both of them were eager to physically become one.

A few days later Palak came home. The two year old hugged Aarti right away and accepted her as her mother. A month later, Aarti found out that she was pregnant with Yash's child, and eight months later, she delivered a healthy baby boy who they named Aayu.

"Are you happy?" Aarti asked Yash as she sat on the hospital bed an hour after the delivery.  

"I'm the happiest man in the world," he said, kissing her hand. "I love you Aarti."

"I'm the happiest woman in the world then, because my happiness lies in yours," she whispered in response, Aayu on her lap.

Palak ran into the room then. "Mama!" she yelled. "This baby brother?"

Aarti laughed as Yash took Aayu in his arms and Palak sat on her mother's lap. Aarti stroked Palak's hair and smiled. "Yes Palak, this is your baby brother, Aayu!"

Yash smiled and kissed Aayu's forehead.

In the last eight months, Ishita decided to work for Mansi's ex boyfriend Akash, and they eventually fell in love and got married. Mansi married Aman and both of them were very happy in their life as well.

They all remained great friends and lead a very normal life with each other.

Yash would wake up every morning and whisper "I love you Aarti" in his wife's ear.

"Until when?" she would ask.

"As long as I live." 

--

This is the last chapter! I really want to thank all of you for supporting me through this journey and for reading the story. Without you, As Long As I Live wouldn't have gotten very far. I am really attached to this story because it's the longest story I've ever written. I've spent so much time on this story, on making the promos and writing the chapter's that I myself don't want to let it go. However, when inspiration fails you and you lose your vision, I think it's better to wrap up the story than to unnecessarily drag it by writing bad chapters. I will be back soon, but until then, Thank you so much! You are all awesome!
Edited by ilovepyaar - 10 years ago
pixi_nightingal thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Superb ending๐Ÿ˜Š
enjoyed whole story ๐Ÿ‘

palbhar thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thank you for a beautiful ending and closure to this lovely story!!!!!!
Folla thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
wow amazing update awsm 
waiting your other work dear