ArShi FF: Thread 1 My Existence (Ch.11 Pg 49)

rockprincess123 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

My Existence - ArShi FF

Author's Note:

Hey guys!! I had been meaning to write an FF for a while now but I had been so busy with my life outside the Forum you know getting caught up with family and exams so I had never really had the time to start one.

I had a look around, did my research like a good girl and some of the work I have read on ArShi had truly inspired me as a person and the way that I write.

With My Existence being my first EVER FF on the Forum altogether, I would like to take this moment to thank:

All my friends/buddies on the Forum for helping me to explore the depths there is to writing and showing me a new dimension with words.

My family for always being supportive of me and making me realise that dreams can come true.

ARSHI for overruling my heart as the couple that share the most purest form of eternal love that I have ever come across in my entire life.

My work has been inspired by and dedicated to a very special person in my life who's taught me so much and helped to strive to become a better person.  This story is one of a very dark genre and the lives of our dear ArShi are shown as an emotional rollercoaster of love, betrayal, death and deceit.

Though the story is an ArShi based fiction, other additional characters are equally important to the plot of the story and certain relationships will be parallel as to that of the show. So, without any further ado, I present to you to My Existence:

^ Credit for Banner: maverickmartin *Thanks a lot dear Mav! It really meant a lot!*

Character Sketch:

Raizada's:

Yudhistar Raizada: The eldest of the family and respected by all. He is a man who believes that pride and honour are the upmost factors to living peacefully in a society and will sacrifice anything for his families' respect, even family members themselves. He makes sure that he gets the best out of every situation and seeks his own profit and his well-being.  His name is well renowned all over the country through his multi-millionaire company KR Fashion Design, the leading brand that sports designer fashions all over the globe named after his dear wife.

Kamini Gupta/Raizada: A Gupta by birth and a Raizada by marriage, Kamini and Yudhistar's rishta was immediately fixed from the moment they had both been born and their parents had promised that they would marry each other when they grew to a suitable age. She is a bold woman who can do anything to make sure she gets her way every time and is very respected by the family being the eldest in both the Gupta's and the Raizada's family.

Anjali Raizada/Jha:The eldest child of Yudhistar and Kamini Raizada. Anjali is a sweet girl of a good heart and adores and respects both her parents and family dearly. She is married to Shyam Jha, a distant cousin to the Raizada family and loves him very much.

Anjum Raizada/Jha:The middle Raizada who has always been one to follow her big sister around, in other words she is known as Anjali's carbon copy! Like her sister she is kind, loving and generous and is married to Nikhil Jha, the younger brother of Shyam.

Arnav Singh Raizada:Being the only son of the Raizada's, Arnav is definitely the most the popular and definitely the most spoilt. Like his father, he believes in upholding family honour and respect and makes sure to always be a good representative of his parents when out and about. A great son and a loving brother, Arnav is adored by his sisters, his brother-in-laws, his parents the rest of his family.

Jha's:

Shyam Jha: The eldest Jha brother, Shyam has always been the backbone of the family; him and his younger brother Nikhil. He strives to earn a living and works hard and long. Both the Jha brothers are orphans and have always been able to adapt to situations, having learnt that nothing in life is permanent. Though married into the Raizada family, Shyam has never been one to seek money from his in-laws or Anjali, and yearns for independence. He is currently in America, running a small business, trying to make his name known to the world.

Nikhil Jha: The younger Jha brother, always a quiet one who respects and loves his brother with all his heart. Just like Shyam, he is determined to prove his worthiness and longs for the taste of independence. He lives in Australia, trying to find highly paid jobs to earn money. He is married to the younger Raizada sister Anjum

Gupta's:

Shashi Gupta: The younger brother of Kamini Gupta. A man of great heart who believes in speaking for the truth. He lives for Justice and teaches his daughters to hold high importance for the well being of others and preaches the feelings of the heart. Shashi has been diagnosed with Brain Cancer.

Garima Gupta: A wonderful wife to her husband and a sincere mother to both her daughters. She is a kind woman with a soft heart and loves her family very much.

Khushi Kumari Gupta: A beautiful girl, who has just finished her studies from Oxford University. She is a total fashionita, yet simple and modest, she is up to date to the ways of technology and communication, yet innocent and she is an extremely smart and clever student, yet naive and loving. She is a girl who lives for others' happiness and her chirpy personality is enough to get everyone smiling. She speaks up for the right and detests the wrong and believes greatly in the power of love and trust.

Aditi Gupta: The youngest of the Gupta's and also the most pampered. Aditi was never one who paid much attention to her studies but it was her sister who made her realise the importance of education and is yet to finish her degree from Oxford University, UK. A shy girl, who will blindly follow the orders of her sister.

Other Characters will be introduced on the way!

Index:

Prologue: (Scroll Down)   

Chapter 1 (Page 2)

Chapter 2  (Page 4) 

Chapter 3 (Page 6)

Chapter 4 (Page 8)

Chapters 5 & 6 (Page 13) 

Chapter 7 (Page 25)

Chapter 8 (Page 31)

Chapter 9 (Page 41)

Chapter 10 (Page 45)

Chapter 11 (Page 49) 

Prologue:

"Ouch..! That really hurt!" The girl sat crouched on the floor, clutching her elbow tight with two dainty hands as tears streamed from her pretty little eyes onto her cheeks. Her arm lay smeared with mud on her lap, lying limp and lifeless as death and she tried to pace her breathing in between her choking sobs. Her kameez was torn at the hem and the intricate bead embroidery on the front towards the neckline had come undone underneath her dishevelled hair, blowing in the wind.  

Suddenly she heard a timid yet concerned voice reach out to her and felt the warmth of two strong hands around her shoulders.

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry Khushi!" The young boy was on the verge of breaking down into a fit of tears as he took in the scene before him. He reached down and hugged the girl with all his might, being careful not to hurt her arm in any way possible. He could feel her crying through his shirt; her tears seeping out of her eyes as she clung to him tightly with one arm.

She rested her head against his shoulder as he rubbed her back soothingly, attempting to calm her down as her sobbing began to ease. He breathed out a sigh of relief, got up and kneeled down in front of the girl, one leg resting on the ground as he felt his jeans stick to his skin, whilst the other arched at the knee as he leaned closer towards her.

He looked at the girl's face streaked with tears as her doe like eyes looked at him innocently. He gently reached a sturdy hand forward and examined her elbow. It wasn't a deep cut, just a graze but nonetheless it was bleeding badly.

"Does is it still hurt?" The boy asked, his voice dripping with anxiousness and concern though he was trying his best to maintain a firm expression.

The girl looked at her arm first and then back at the boy, as she broke into a faint smile.

"No." She shook her head and her smile grew, showcasing a mouthful of milky white teeth.  

He sighed. He looked and was considerably older than the girl. Much taller and stronger and his mentality level was that of an adult's despite being so young, making him all the more mature and a wonder to grown-ups. But when it came to this girl, she never failed to bring out the youth in him and make him feel like a child all over again. He couldn't stand her being hurt. He never could.  He looked up at her, meeting her gaze as he stared intently in her eyes.

"You are always there to look after me Arnav. How can I not be okay?"  She told him reassuringly as she reached up and wiped her face, not realising that the mud from her hand was now marring her cheeks.

The boy, whose face was held down with guilt, looked up and was about to apologise once again when he caught sight of the girl's face. He looked at her with amusement until he let out a genuinely hearty laugh, clutching his sides as he bent over, his laughter ringing out in echoes.

The girl looked at him weirdly and her eyebrows furrowed in confusion at his sudden outburst.

"Arnav? What happened?? What's so funny?" She shook his shoulders, only to be responded with more laughter from him.

The boy gasped for breath as tears rushed down his eyes in his mirth and then he looked at the girl, trying hard not to make a face. He walked slowly towards her and brushed two rough fingers gently against her soft cheeks. He held his fingers up and watched with hilarity as the girls' eyes grew wide open.

"Look Khushi! MUD! Your whole face is covered in it!" The girl's mouth dropped open as she began to wipe the mud off her face, not missing the emitting of yet another peal of laughter.

"Arnav! I can't believe you never told me! You're so mean and now you're laughing at me! I thought you were my friend, but I don't think you like me anymore." The girl sulked as she vigorously rubbed her face.

Upon hearing this, the boy stopped laughing abruptly and watched as she continued to wipe her face, muttering to herself about how she should have been careful. He looked at her, waiting for her to acknowledge him. She stopped rubbing her face suddenly, aware that his intense laughter had ceased. She didn't bother looking up at him; instead she crossed her arms and looked down, upset that he found her a subject to be laughed at. He always made her feel like that. But then again, he made her feel special. Wanted. Loved. But that still wasn't an excuse for him to mock her all the time. She argued inwardly with herself, wondering what to make of the boy in front of her.

He reached up and lifted her chin, looking at her, her face expressionless.

"You are much more than a friend to me Khushi. I think you are the most wonderful person I've ever met. You make me feel happy and when you're happy that's all it takes for me to be the same. I hate it when you're sad, and I am so sorry if I have ever hurt you. Can you ever forgive me?  Don't you trust me?"

The girl's expression softened at his words as she suddenly embraced him in a hug, a hug that signified the purity of their friendship and the love they shared.

"Oh Arnav, of course I do! You are much more than a friend to me too and I like you lots!" She smiled happily, a slight reddish hue taking her cheeks which didn't go unnoticed by him as he too grinned, happy at her approval.

"Okay but Khushi..?" He asked uncertainly, looking at her.

"Yes?" She looked at him as he motioned for her to come closer. She stepped forwards and he bent down, his breath tickly against her neck.

"You... still...  HAVE MUD ON YOUR FACE!" He burst out laughing as she chased him madly around the yard, running inside the house, mumbling silent curses only loud enough for him to hear.

"Arnav! You wait until I get my hands on you!" An angry Khushi screamed.

"Hahah, I'll have years to wait Khushi, you'll never catch me!" He retorted back.

"Oh just you wait, I'll eat you for dinner Arnav Singh Raizada!!"

"Come and get me then Khushi Kumari Gupta!" The young boy and girl cherished these moments of their youth, running around the house chasing each other, oblivious to any other activity outside them. The whole household laughed, used to the fights the two kids had as they wondered how the pair of them could be so loving yet so violent towards each other, their behaviour soon the gossip topic of the night among the adults as they looked upon them fondly.

But in one far corner of the house, three people sat together, their gazes eating each other up as a wave of uncertainness and gloominess began to overwhelm the whole environment of the room. The atmosphere was tense and the silence was eerie until someone spoke up.

"How dare you speak of my daughter that way! She is your niece! Your brother's daughter! MY daughter! Do I not mean anything to you?" A man in his late 30's screamed at the woman in front of him, her piercing eyes gazing disdainfully at his pacing figure.

"You are not part of this equation dear brother" She stated as-matter-of-factly.

"Of course you mean great to me Shashi, but your daughter does not. She is not fit to be the wife of my son, I'll tell you that." She examined her long nails and brushed imaginary fluff off her designer sari, as she glanced at her husband, their eyes meeting as he focused his gaze towards the now clearly agitated man in the middle of the room.

"And why does she not? I'll have you know that my daughter is a gem! We had a deal that we would get the kids married ever since they were both born! Why the sudden change?? You know that I won't live much longer Kamini! I may die any second but you agreed to take care of my daughters for me! My wife, my-my children. I know I ask a big favour of you and it pains me to be burdened to someone like this, even my own sister, but know it is the first and last favour I ask of you in this life. Please just..."

The man held up his hands in defeat as he felt his eyes tearing up. His head pounded as he felt a sudden ache beginning to engulf his mind.

The couple watched him in mock amusement, as the older man got up from the bed and began to walk to the centre of the room. He placed a heavy hand on the younger man's shoulder and forged a sarcastic expression of sympathy.

"Wow brother-in-law, I never knew you were such a way with words. Have you ever considered becoming a poet?" He grinned at his own wit, whilst the younger man felt his heart prick. Here he was, preaching his elder brother-in-law and sister, his only family after his parents' death and here they were mocking him in the time when he needed their support the most of all.

"Your daughter will never be the wife of my son. I have seen dirt worthier. I want an ideal wife for my son, not the next prime minister!  She will be a master chef in the kitchen and will be a completion to the Raizada family. Have you not heard the stories of girls who go out to study? The mess they get into, sleeping around, getting a baby load and disgracing their families. You must have heard something my dear brother-in-law. Goodness knows what that disgrace of a daughter of yours does at school behind your back! For all you know, she may have slept around with a few guys every now and then without you even realising. Wouldn't it hurt to have your trust broken? As educated as I would like Arnav to become, his wife should not be! The illiterate and less educated they are, the more likely they are to be fit for their purpose in their in-laws house. My Arnav is a boy, he will soon be a man and men need to make a stamp in this world. That is their place and their purpose. It isn't however, neither a girl's place nor purpose in this world, brother-in-law. Now tell me, do you expect me to happily welcome your bundle of embarrassment into my arms and marry her off to my son?!? Huh?!? You don't even know her!" He paused, anticipating the man's answer, who only hung his head low, staring at the ground, fighting the tears that threatened to spill any moment.

When he didn't get an answer, the older man continued.

"No, thank you!"

He pushed the younger man harshly as he stumbled onto the floor. The older man looked back at his wife, her lips curving into a triumphant smirk as her brother lay on the ground, clutching his head.

She noticed him trying to get up and the inner sister inside her screamed to rush to him and help him up, but she stayed firm, not wanting to get on her husband's bad side for she was too  terrified of his wrath. She sat there, watching her brother writhe in pain, only seeking to attain the approval of her husband with her actions and not caring how much her heart protested.

The young man, Shashi, got up, his face a deep blue as his eyes began to loll forward. His knees started to wobble and his lips quivered furiously as body shook causing him to fall down to the ground once again.  The woman, shocked at the sudden condition of her brother rushed forward to him immediately, ignoring her husband's cries to abandon him. Infinite tears streamed down the woman's face, her dark kohl liner blotching her rosy skin as she clung to him.

"Shashi! My brother, dear brother! Hear me, what is wrong with you!?"

The man looked into his sister's eyes, despite the pain he was going through and clutched her hands.

"K-K-K..."

"Yes, it's me Kamini. What is it?? Tell me! Oh Yudhistar, call a Doctor NOW!"

The young man clutched his sister even more and the last word he breathed out before Death came and parted with him as an old friend was that of his daughter's name. Khushi.

~~~~~ 

So guys?? How was it?? Sorry for the length of the prologue, I know it was more than 3 chapters put together but the whole aim of this was to build a foundation on the relationship that ArShi shared and how closely linked their families were. This was the first ever piece of writing I have posted on the Forum that isn't a comment so I would really appreciate it if your comments could convey how you truly felt about the whole prologue and please try to comment on more than just an "Awesome" or a "Great job."  Anyone is welcome to criticise and add comments for improvement because I believe there's always room for it. Hope you enjoyed it!

Noor :)))))) Xxx

Edited by rockprincess123 - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sarahehsan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Res! :P
Okay, so the previous 'Reserved' was due to the foggy state of my mind! It's past midnight here, at my place you see.. πŸ˜†
The Prologue's Commentwa :
 Where do I start from, now? I'm nervous as hell because this is the first time I'm going to comment on something new and also because I'm the first person to do so. I'm not sure if I can encourage you enough, but rest assured I'll be honest with my words. πŸ˜Š
You've not shown a single trace of being a newbie, Hun! I'm impressed by your way of speech and also by the plot of the story so far. This is something raw, I can already make out since its a warm Arnav and his bonding with Khushi is different. Not the ruthless ASR we'd come to love, though I have a feeling he might change after being subjected to the circumstances we're warned of in the prologue. No worries, we'd still love him.. πŸ˜† Tell me if I'm reading too much already.. πŸ˜‰
Arshi's bond in their childhood gives a warm feel and now I can only hope it doesn't change in the future, either. I have no idea as to how the story is going to unfold (owing to its title), but I'll be there as one of the biggest stalkers! πŸ˜Š
Arnav's father is such a snooty! I hate the man already! Oh my! This is already turning tragic? How did you have the heart to make Shashi die already? This is so unfair, she's still a child! Undo it! Please? πŸ˜• Well, I know this too counts in the progression of the story, toh, I'll wait. But I'd have preferred Shashi alive, u know.. 
Mahnoor, you had this brilliance in your words and you decide to open up now? Well, better late than never, Hun! I'm glad you've started this story and would wish to see you with Chapter 1, soon. :) You have me already and although I'm just as good as a no-one, I'll try to boost your spirits by trying to comment atleast.. πŸ˜Š
Love ya, 
Sarah.

Edited by sarahehsan - 11 years ago
mahnoormalik thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
hey πŸ˜ƒ
beautiful ff mahnoor.( oh i get to write my name too πŸ˜†)
loved arshi's cute fighting. his dad is such a prick though.😳
cant wait tilll your next chapterπŸ‘

luv Maahnoor xxπŸ˜†
Downhill thumbnail
simply fabulous.loved itc
momoahmd thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
a very intersting n different concept dear...
continue soon
n
thnxxx 4 da pm...
pmehra300 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
It was really an interesting concept dear
Loved it
Eagerly waiting to read more
Plzzz continue soon
moon8387 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wow... Nice start... A marriage fixed at the time of birth but then turned down... I wonder how Arnav will react when he knows both the truths... Poor Khushi... She will loose her father now and will be separated from Arnav as well...

Didnt understand the character Kamini though. She went against her brother and neice because her husband. Does she love Khushi or not?

I like the concept. Update soon!!!
ShrutiPandey thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Very well written dear πŸ˜Š  I liked the Prologue and the character sketches! 😊

and when I saw ARNAV SINGH RAIZADA written there! OMG! haha.. that ASR tune was running in my mind! *drooling* πŸ˜‰ 
and whoa! he has 2 sisters here! πŸ˜Š naaaiiiccceee! 

Khushi Kumari Gupta is a natural sweetness in any of the ffs! She is a princess.. oops! you too are one! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜Š

the bond b/w Arshi was increddible.. though I missed the arrogance in ASR.. i'd like to ask you.. is he the good guy in the story! Ofcourse I dont mind that! πŸ˜ƒ 

Yudhishtar Raizada.. such a bad ass.. even Shyaam seems to be better to me now! huh! I am hating you already!! πŸ˜‘

Kamini!! apt name for you! πŸ˜› lolxx!

It was a good start indeed! Looking forward to it! πŸ˜Š πŸ‘πŸΌ
Edited by ShrutiPandey - 11 years ago
saomom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Nicely done!  You need to get this posted over on the FF page so that more people will be exposed to it!
rockprincess123 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3

Hey peeps! Sorry for the late update but I had some school stuff going on so I was really busy with that. Thanks a lot for everyone that commented and I have replied to EVERY one of them below. Love you all!

Reply Post:

sarahehsan: My dear Sarah, where do I start?! Your comment overwhelmed me and it was like the boost or a push of confidence to continue going, like Anjali's loving words to her Chote, a mother's comfort to a child when in despair, a prayer to God in dark times; you always know that in the end, even the darkest night shall pass and light will be found. I found light in your comment and it gave me a huge support.  You hold a very special and high place in my heart as well as my life and you being the very first to comment makes you all the more special. I don't understand how else to show you the significance of your presence as my wonderful friend  both regarding the Forum and the world outside so yet again, I stand here in the extraordinary position of thanking you, if you'll take it once more from me.

*Sanz*: Get used to this pain dear, this FF is not a pleasant one! :((

mahnoormalik: Hey dearest, my how good it feels to be writing my own name ;), it's as if I am writing back to myself about how awesome my comment was! I guess it's the name that makes it all the more special eh?? Arnav's dad is indeed as you put it a "prick" and he will be even more of one during the rest of the story, but you'll have to read on to find out how!

yappingduck: Thank you dear, I am glad you liked it!

smartgirl9009: I really wanted to capture a whole different scenario to ArShi and change the concept around a little bit to really be able to relate to them in a whole other way. The story will have incorporated ideologies and bits from culture and religion because I wanted to create a completely different ArShi kahani. Thanks for your comment dear and you're most welcome for the PM.

pmehra300: Thanks ever so much dear, I hope the rest of the story meets your liking too!

moo8387: Loved your comment dear moon! It was a pleasure to read and I am soo happy that the story has appealed to you so far. Before I get carried away any further, let me answer your questions:
Kamini is loved by her husband and she too loves him back equally, although he thinks very low of her family and like all wives, she is somewhat scared of her husband's wrath and his ability of controlling her actions, and it is that very fear that forces her to act as per his liking whenever he is present. To some extent, it has lead her to become two faced to everyone, even to her own brother and to some extent it was partly her fault he died. It just goes to show how far having a slit personality gets you with people. Of course, she has some love deep in her heart for Khushi with her being her niece, but her extremely HUGE ego doesn't let her admit to either herself or others. Both Khushi's and Arnav's family come from a background where they believe that grils' and women shouldn't been given the same rights as men should like going to school and getting educated. I mentioned this in the prologue if you don't remember where Arnav's dad insults Khushi's character because her parents' let her go to school. Her being educated is one of the biggest reasons why Kamini and Yudhistar don't like her, but you will find out in the later chapters what Kamini herself holds against Khushi. I hope that makes things a little easier to understand!

ShrutiPandey: What can I say dear, your comment was lovely. The whole chirpiness of it got me smiling like an idiot! Yes, ASR has two sisters here and both are for a very good reason. Each one of them signifies something different and their existences are vital. I mentioned earlier that though this is an ArShi FF, all the other characters play equally important roles in the plot of the story. Someone asked me about the bonding of ArShi and why I decided to keep their relationship so friendly, but I can only say that the foundation of their relationship now is very relevant to what's in store for them in the future. It's painful whn someone you know has been found to betray or hurt you, so one can only imagine the hurt one feels when someone you LOVE and trust betrays you. Just look at our ASR and Khushi from IPKKND, how hurt Arnav was when he found both Khushi and Shyam in a compromising situation on the terrace. Even though there was technically nothing to be hurt over, it was a horrible sight to see (think about what i'm trying to hint at here, I should stop before I give the whole story away...). Shyam in my story is a great guy, purely on the grounds that I detest lustfulness and I have left no space for it over here (oops ;) ) though Shyam's presence will be short lived (oh dear, I REALLY should stop now ://) And dear, if Kamini is an apt name for me, then I offer you to be my Yudhiustar!!

saomom: Thank you dear for your kind words. Honestly, I didn't even think anybody would find interest in this humble little tale of mine and I only wanted to make my mark in the Forum, to make my name known and I knew that could only happen if I became a writer. I really have no issues with the amount of readers I currently have but let's see what the future holds for it. InSha'allah, it will find it's way in the FF area very soon!!

~~~~~

Love, Mahnoor :) Xx

Edited by rockprincess123 - 11 years ago