Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DonnaHarvey thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: ranitha

Oooh this looks interesting. And yes, Madhu was perfect in this chapter. You could feel her distress and confusion and helplessness all the way. Go woman!

I am so glad you liked it. There's a reason I keep you around, you best keep doing your job girl.πŸ˜†
DonnaHarvey thumbnail
Change of plans: because I suck at interviews and need a job to pay the bills, turns out, I am not moving as soon as I thought. Give it another three weeks. I am sure you don't want to hear me whine in detail about my joblessness so, let's get on with it. 

Got to run. Will edit later tonight :)

Chapter 4

"You buy off my girl and then, you tell me what's up? Na'an. This ain't gon' work like that. Let me tell ya tiger. I own her, you hear me?" The words came out of Madhu's mouth but, the tone, the anger, the meaning, was all Storm. Rishabh was taken aback by the suddenness of it all. The meek Bong damsel he'd married just weeks ago, to dig his way out of a PR mess, was verbally threatening him in a man's voice.

He firmly gripped her shoulders in his large hands, shaking her out of whatever nightmare she was living.

"Madhu, what is going on?"

The pain radiating from his bitten lip was now overwhelming. He wet his wound with his saliva and rubbed on the cut in vain. All this while, Yvette had been mumbling inaudibly, on and off. Storm had brought his friends- the No-Named Earworm and Nice Ghosty. Usually, the latter two were relatively calm, letting Storm do most of the talking. But today, each one was getting louder than the other. Almost as if they were on a mission to destroy the new bond growing between Rishabh and Madhubala. If Yvette came to like being the submissive wife- if she gave up on her love for Storm, they would lose power over her. She would become Madhubala and that wasn't going to happen under Storm's watch.

The deafening noises in her ears reduced Madhu to a slave to her own body, the shackles growing stronger with the decibels.

"I need to get to the hospital". Her mind was racing in paces, causing her breaths to come out shallow and stretched. Her eyeballs darted across the room, in frantic search of a cornered freedom, away from the voices that were eating at her sanity. Her gaze finally settled on the wooden closet where she kept her more elaborate costumes. She jumped out of the sofa she was seated in, and crashed on top of a pile of saris. Storm's voice was a lot lower, on the tail end of inaudible.

Rishabh sat across the room, pizza still in lap, dumbfounded. What was happening? Surely, there was a logical explanation to his wife going from shy to strange to assaulting to bonkers in a matter of minutes. Right, she need medical attention. Or, maybe a witch doctor? No, definitely a real doctor. She sounded manic.

"What do you need me to do?" He walked up to the closet door, treading carefully around an already agitated Madhu.

She swallowed the dryness in her throat, trying to gather her thoughts and gave whatever half decent reply she could, "take me to the psych ward, please. Touch my girl andIwillcutyou. Hearmebitch? Hurry!"

Rishabh jolted whatever anger was building up inside for his wife hurling insults at him every few minutes, in favour of action dictated by the urgency of the moment. He scooped her up and only settled once she was comfortably seated on the shotgun of his sedan. Well, as comfortably as she could be in the midst of an unidentified episode. Between prolonged bouts of talking gibberish, he would see a glimpse of Madhu in the woman. She would look down on the ground, helpless, embarrassed of herself. She'd started crying somewhere on their way to the hospital. Rishabh was worried he would crash the car caught in the chaos. Thankfully, they got to the emergency in one piece.

Madhu's sobs were now contained, she seemed to be aware of her state, relaying pertinent facts to the medics on site.

"What's going on sir?" One of the medics carried Madhu out of RK's hands and the other inquired the cause of the visit.

"I am not sure. She hasn't been acting okay. I think she may be hallucinating", RK was surprised by his own ability to deliver brief answers. But, now was not the time to get a pat on the back.

"I am schizoaffective. Episodes dormant for a decade now", Madhu relayed, twitching in the grip of the medics. RK had no idea what those words meant, some medical jargon that would have gone right over his head, even if he took on that Munnabhai MBBS spin off movie project he was offered last year. But, the medics sure took Madhu seriously. They were now rushing around her, going bananas, in the most professional, non-panicky freak out a film diva like him had ever seen. The hospital staff had brought over a wheelchair to transport Madhu into the examination rooms, whilst RK waited outside. This got him thinking what the happenings of the night meant. Schizo could mean schizophrenic. Then again, she would have said the word, and not a variation of it, if she had the disorder. It sounded serious. Could it be? He married a mad woman?

This was it! The end of life as he knew it. He would have to divorce her and the media would make a mess of it, because leaving her in this state would be equivalent of kicking out a spouse for having cancer. Then, he would be on every magazine's bad publicity cover. He would lose his film offers and his life would go down the drain- all because he left this mad woman.

The other side wasn't so sunny either. When he married Javett-or-Yvetee-or-whatever-the-hell-her-name-was, it was a winning deal for him. He got the house and he got the girl. Apparently, this woman was the epitome of a well rounded Bong girl. He was starting to see that, he'd envisioned a whole public acceptance campaign around her. She could be the key to changing his image from a bad boy to a family man. Alas, it wasn't meant to be. She turned out to be damaged goods, and that too broken in place that cannot be fixed- wrong in the head. Her Jew father had robbed him, not the other way around.

SoreThumb thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
def one of my fav stories
reading and catching up stat
DonnaHarvey thumbnail

Originally posted by: BirdsofParadise

def one of my fav stories
reading and catching up stat

why thank you
happy to hear it
-Pritt- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
RES.

Wait what? I forgot that you had updated chapter 3. I should read that!
ForbiddenFruit thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
First thig I did was google schizoaffective disorder...but der were way too many Big Big words...so me being d dumbo dat I am,it went over my head. The only thing I concluded ws dat poor Madhu has a quite rare mental disorder.
Ummm...can I be honest? *hides behind d sofa* I dont really lyk dis creepy new twist. Don't thrw d chappals at me plz. I suppz its ur story...nd u knw how to wing it...n I trust u wid d happily-ever after (maybe or not?).
M stil a littl bit muddled up! Is storm purely d figment of her imagination...induced by d illness or was der actuly a person lyk Storm in her life ...who abused her or sumthing n haunted her?? Btw...storm? How do u come up wid such utterly Random names?

Poor yvette-bala! Nd Rk was being such Grade-A Jerk! But den he is only human. I bet norml react lyk dat wen faced wid such an awkward problem.
Though m not a fan of dis twist...d story is seeming pretty interesting n unusual. Damn nobody cn predict how u twist ur stories! Now I just hv to say dis...UPDATE SOON! M dying to knw wat sort of a roller-coaster ride u hv planned for dis story!
DonnaHarvey thumbnail

Originally posted by: ForbiddenFruit

First thig I did was google schizoaffective disorder...but der were way too many Big Big words...so me being d dumbo dat I am,it went over my head. The only thing I concluded ws dat poor Madhu has a quite rare mental disorder.

πŸ˜† too many cutes. dying.
k. don't worry. I am writing for a reader who doesn't know jack about mental illness. imagine information being thrown at you, like it is with rishabh. that is how I want you to feel. now, I will tell you bit by bit what this disorder means. hang in there.
Ummm...can I be honest? *hides behind d sofa* I dont really lyk dis creepy new twist. Don't thrw d chappals at me plz. I suppz its ur story...nd u knw how to wing it...n I trust u wid d happily-ever after (maybe or not?).
come out from behind that sofa woman. I am not going to bite.
I don't know about the ending but so far, things are looking up. I might just give you the ending you wantπŸ˜‰ keyword: might.
M stil a littl bit muddled up! Is storm purely d figment of her imagination...induced by d illness or was der actuly a person lyk Storm in her life ...who abused her or sumthing n haunted her?? Btw...storm? How do u come up wid such utterly Random names?
sit tight; next update will tell all. or, just extrapolate woman! what do you think?
Poor yvette-bala! Nd Rk was being such Grade-A Jerk! But den he is only human. I bet norml react lyk dat wen faced wid such an awkward problem.
being a primary caretaker is a monstrous task. these are normal emotions. but I do agree RK is another level of ass, above the rest of us
Though m not a fan of dis twist...d story is seeming pretty interesting n unusual. Damn nobody cn predict how u twist ur stories! Now I just hv to say dis...UPDATE SOON! M dying to knw wat sort of a roller-coaster ride u hv planned for dis story!
why thank you. happy you're honest. that's what I like to hear

Secret_Giggle thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
OMG! Madhu is suffering from schizoaffective disorder. Once I had seen a movie of Bipasha Basu in which she had this problem. 

RK is so insensitive, how can he even think of that yaar...
I want Madhu to become Sultan this time. I mean when she will come to her sense, she should realize what does RK thinks of her.
And, after showing her fake death, she should leave RK so that there will be no harm on his PUBLIC IMAGE.😑 Then only he will understand her importance in his life.
Edited by SHINYSHREYA - 10 years ago
DonnaHarvey thumbnail

Originally posted by: SHINYSHREYA

OMG! Madhu is suffering from schizoaffective disorder. Once I had seen a movie of Bipasha Basu in which she had this problem. 

schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder are the same class but different disorders. bipasha's was schizophrenic I think. do you remember which movie?
RK is so insensitive, how can he even think of that yaar...
atleast the man did not break character
I want Madhu to become Sultan this time. I mean when she will come to her sense, she should realize what does RK thinks of her. 
no idea what you're talking about. guess that is what I get for leaving the show in the middle
And, after showing her fake death, she should leave RK so that there will be no harm on his PUBLIC IMAGE.😑
ooh so that's what happened

Secret_Giggle thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
yes di, her fake death may make RK realize her real value in his life.
Edited by SHINYSHREYA - 10 years ago