Take 1: Inaugurating the Munch.. [DT note Pg. 12]

-Jamba- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Jingle Ve!!! πŸ€—

Take 5 ka gareeb rishtedaar (Take 1) showed up today - holding its nose. 🀒 Coz the neighborhood apparently reeks of puppy pee, and the odor doesn't dissipate even after washing... 

1. Unless the person who was peed on, rinsed his trouser leg with more pee,  instead of water? πŸ˜²
2. Or possibly had an accident of his own, on the way to the bathroom.

After that unfortunate frat boy humor - we turn our focus on the episode itself. 
Wait - what else is left after the pee jokes?

First things first. Manav + Chanchan = Munch. Aapka swagat hai. 

Bitwa - you need to pull up those socks. Or she really will munch on you like petit-fours. No point poking your fingers into your eyes after that and telling her you're watching her... she'll be busy locking horns with saasuma-ben.

1. TUESDAY. The Big Fat Indian Wedding. Where copious amounts of dahej are de-rigueur. 

Jingle overhears the bride's father being gently but effectively steamrollered into paying a dowry. And the tractor in question is none other than her brand new nemesis - Uma-I-want-a-doormat-bahu-ben, who is all for the archaic custom. 

Turns out Jingle has good reason to fear dowry weddings - she's seen a friend (?) be harassed to death. Literally. Now Jingle has a decision to make - does she break the news to the bride and disrupt the wedding, or shutup-ve and watch yet another friend go through the same satyanash? πŸ˜•

An admirable message to focus on since a large segment of the watching audience still gets their life lessons from the idiot box. But, but but...

It's only the second episode! πŸ˜² What's the hurry - where's the darned fire???

Anyway. Jingle has pissed off the mother, her dog has peed on the son. The stage is set for this cozy threesome to sing Rabba Ve around the shaadi ka mandap, while the pooch decides they're all nuts and looks for a less abnormal human family to adopt. 

And that ends our special broadcast for the day - stay tuned for more updates on the Munch Podcast . πŸ‘πŸΌ

Slogan: We believe in living our lives as we see fit. Unless we get peed on.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

savvy05 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Slogan nahi J, that was the moral of the episode!!😊

Change of pace in episode 2 accelerating on the drama quotient. Sanaya effortlessly slipped into into her serious self in the second half of the episode.

A big Ctrl+ Alt+ Del on my UmaBen portrayal SKD. I know it was watered down yesterday but today it is treading the other way, bordering villainous . Munch's first rendezvous quite childish πŸ˜•. I am more than aware that it is
impractical to expect all soapland's first encounters to be SRJ moments,  but I really wish they had worked on a better scene for these two to meet.

I like the lady who portrays Chhan's mom. She does the laid back, today's mom role quite well.

Edited by savvy05 - 11 years ago
Pr1yanka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Ha ha ha ha...was not going to watch it coz had heard major saas bahu fest was on...but after ur super hilarious take...just have to watch it to share my amused thoughts as well...once I reach home:)
spsharmila thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Wonderful post Jamba πŸ‘
I thought that today's episode was much better than yesterday...but one thing confuses me .. the show looks typical Saas-bahu types with a twist that the bahu is modern girl with her own opinions...nowhere it looks like a light hearted show as advertised πŸ˜•...or am I missing something ? ..anyways I am watching this show just for Sanaya.
PSharada thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 9
Well we are onto the second episode and now few things are clear

a. This show is going to be more and more a saas-bahu show with the takkar between YaYa going to be the only premise on which the show will hold on.

b. Advertisements should always be taken with a pinch of salt. Like they say until and unless the wrapper is open you don't know what flavor of chocolate you end up with - just hoping this show ain't going to be a heavy duty saas bahu one. Was hoping for a Khoobsurat remake but now that is out of the window. Damnit how did they tell that it was a Khoobsurat remake when it is not.

c. Given up on the male lead - unless and until he dramatically puts open some hidden acting talents that he has up his sleeve - Bitiya is going to MUNCH up bitwa in no time.

So coming to episode, I didn't like the pee jokes - come on how old are they, 5yrs ? Yesterday there were signs that male lead is nada/zilch and a zero and today he proved it when he talked. Don't have high hopes on this guy to drag in my interest. And MIL is borderline vampish - she is arrogant and is going to have a royal time roasting pooch-pooch and chanchan when both make their grand entry. And wait a second - did I hear that the MIL got the son to the marriage so that he could get some rishta - What is he ? A toy that can be displayed for people's admiration  and this guy comes without any qualms ? What has the world come to. When I was growing up most of my friends (about 5-6) got married when someone spotted them in their relatives marriage and got it settled between the parties and believe me this was the reason most of my friends parents used to force my friends to accompany them their relatives marriage.The sex ratio for boys and girls seem to be more pathetic than the reports that are out if the wheel has turned so fast and boys are the ones who are in that spot.

And now we have the dowry evil being shown in the show - But this is 2 episode old. What's the hurry ? It is as if the makers want Munch to be settled down within a month and have the YaYa conflict out by end of 2nd month. Couldn't they linger on some good things for like at least this week. And hopefully since the dowry issue is out - I hope the makers take a stand against it and don't reduce it to being a mockery of everything.

Coming to the acting part only Sanaya/Chanchan's mom/Supriya are doing okay. Savvy Chan's mom was much better in Saas bina sasural where she played a mom who is sensible but is very hen like when it comes to her daughter but here too she is doing good. I think Chan's friends are all cameo's - I don't see anyone being in the serial after 1-2 weeks of this show. None of them can act and that is what I said when the casting for the friends was not done correct.

And yesterday this takes the cake - I was watching the show and my husband knows my addiction to Lord Voldermort of the shows(I still watch the dubbed serial in telugu so the addiction is still there) and he was sitting with me. He recognized Sanaya as the one I follow - got to give him points for that but the moment the male lead came in and the conversation started, my husband had an serious 'What The' moment and he asked me - What has come to for your favorite to come down and act with this guy. I thought she was a very successful star due to her previous show and now she is paired with this guy? Now I was at complete loss to what I should say. I said the channel is different, the show is different but hubby was not impressed so come IPL - I will have a hard time in getting the remote back from him for watching this show. I know my husband thinks that it is poetic justice as I never let him watch any of his favorites when the previous show was on air and now he is going to pay me back in the same coin. Oh well - by the way this is going I don't think, that should be a problem. Let's see front front bhat bhat happens.
-Vee05- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
- Dog pee on Allergic Boy...ok unimpressive please dont abuse vest...dont go there really...not cool people πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

- Supriya vs. Sanaya in action! πŸ‘πŸΌ ...Sharbet vs. Susu πŸ€’ (was that susu nonsense necessary????)

- Chambu and chambi parallel love story...πŸ₯±

- What adivasi family is this girl Purvi getting married into???? πŸ˜• And what is this watching english picture with saas? 

- Scooti nahi Rajdhani express hai πŸ˜²

- I am all for women's power and leaning in and leaning back and all that...but do i have the will and patience for watching this girl fight for to make sanity out of this insanity to make things right in a society that has so many flaws? Maybe...now yes she is trying to change the world and make her world view the logic in ill-logic and they have a tough history of loss that they learnt from and a loss they have lived thru but as a woman the biggest issue i find here is the masses who blv in this will connect with this will watch it and the classes that dont will watch their other show at 9 pm. 

It's a show for modern India and world viewing with a lot of character for a second episode...Sanaya and Supriya are the leads here and the male character is simply a supporting role for me! Bring it on...😊

Edited by -Vee05- - 11 years ago
PSharada thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: spsharmila

Wonderful post Jamba πŸ‘

I thought that today's episode was much better than yesterday...but one thing confuses me .. the show looks typical Saas-bahu types with a twist that the bahu is modern girl with her own opinions...nowhere it looks like a light hearted show as advertised πŸ˜•...or am I missing something ? ..anyways I am watching this show just for Sanaya.

@sharmila:- The show is an *saas-bahu* show but the writing was in fine print which we missed out in reading. We all read it as a light hearted show when it reality the fine print seems to indicate it as something very different. 
nomad.ness thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Wonderful take as always! πŸ˜† 

Should I expect daily or weekly takes? πŸ˜ƒ

Finally watched the first 2 episodes. 

First of all- have to get this out- This is a Saas- Bahu drama. As much as they promoted it to be a refreshing modern story or whatever' it's just another egoistic MIL's clash with her soon to be Modern bahu. YaYa is officially the USP.

Not sure why they promoted it as a Khubsoorat remake when it clearly is not. Dina Pathak was definitely not playing a vampish character and Rekha was not preachy.  Now I feel like watching the movie- its been a long time since I've last seen it.

First thing I noticed is that Sanaya has a Khushi hangover, like many have already mentioned. ChanChan is just an extension of Khushi-- modernized. Also, compared to her friends, she looked a bit older. It was probably the makeup though.

Like you said-its just 2 episodes old and social issues are being tackled'. πŸ˜•... I hope it doesn't fall flat and is actually handled with care. 

In the first episode when Supriya Pathak was introduced' I was so hoping for her to crack her famous "Ay Praful" joke πŸ˜†- as Hansa from Khichdi.    Her character is coming off as completely black, no grey shades at all and Sanaya's is coming off as pure white. Sigh. I would love seeing some grey shades to make them somewhat realistic. 

& what was this Susu nonsense... πŸ˜•

My verdict it is that the show was been put together and dished out in a hurry! Promoted as something new and modern- but all I see is that it'll be a saas-bahu show... 

Sort of reminds me of the show Kairee-a sneaky/vampish type saas with a preachy but hatke bahu. I Liked it b/c she was giving back to the MIL at times... but there's only so much saas-bahu I could take. 

Btw- aviators and eyes should not be shown of the male species in the show. Just sayin.' And it went worse when he opened his mouth (on-screen and off-screen). 

Would like to give the show a couple more days until I do a Hello Hi nahi sirf Bye Bye.

Edited by nomad.ness - 11 years ago
meens80 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Awesome Take 1 Ms. J 😊; you are a rock star!

The episode was a tad better than yesterday in terms of execution and flow and much to my surprise i think the ML is fine in the role of a carefree guy; the mis-match is with the jodi. He needs to up his act and fast if he wants to be looked at while sharing screen space with Sanaya. Plus why is everyone calling him a newbie? He has done a few movies before right so acting is not new to him..

Yesterday i was a little disappointed with Sanaya's entry shot; today the first meeting was a complete let down. What was with the whole susu discussion that went on n onπŸ˜•πŸ˜•. I did not find it funny at all and it was stretched too much and looked like a forced attempt at humor πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ.
Sanaya was great as she slid easily between the various shades of her character as the episode progressed. Her make up was better today too n she looked lovely⭐️.

The whole jumping into the social issues drama was a little rushed and Supriya looks more like a vamp who will enjoy torturing her bahu than just an orthodox lady. But for now YaYa face off seems like the most interesting thing coming up. I  think the time slot may not be too favorable for CC esp. since its direct competitor is the most popular show on TV in terms of TRP's has a very similar premise.
Aage aage dekhte hai hota hai kya!

Edited by meens80 - 11 years ago
Pr1yanka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: psarada

@sharmila:- The show is an *saas-bahu* show but the writing was in fine print which we missed out in reading. We all read it as a light hearted show when it reality the fine print seems to indicate it as something very different. 

if i remember right, it was sanaya's interview which said it is not going to be a regressive saas bahu show….correct me if im wrong...