good night everyone RaYa dreams loved the pics at ramp walk
Mani-RK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

Mani-RK thumbnail
Ronnie Screwvala ?@RonnieScrewvala 1h

@ramkapoor1973 Thank you from all of us at @WeAreSwades for joining us on the RAMP and your support for Rural Empowered India. Zarina+Ronnie

Ramdeewani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
congratulations for the new AT

-shreya
Mani-RK thumbnail
omg thats gorgeous work girl 
i just loved itbeautigul thread love the pics 
tHankyou so much yaarπŸ€—
Mani-RK thumbnail
wild matlab kya kya kiya ram jiπŸ˜†
Mani-RK thumbnail

Enough tales are told with male characters: Nagesh Kukunoor

PTI Mar 25, 2013, 12.00AM IST
Tags:
  • Nagesh Kukunoor|
  • Laxmi|
  • John Abraham|
  • Bollywood|
  • Akshay Kumar
(Nagesh Kukunoor More Pics )

Nagesh Kukunoor, whose upcoming film " Laxmi" is on the issue of child prostitution, says he will continue making women-centric films as there are enough filmmakers in Bollywood focussing on male protagonists.

"There are enough tales told with male characters. I genuinely feel that a lot of the attributes regarding women have never been portrayed well in cinema. So many roles have been written for men. But when it comes to women its a sheer numbers game. I think it's virgin territory as there is a lot stuff that could still be told," Kukunoor told .

The director has given some memorable female characters to cinema in his critically acclaimed films like "Dor", "Iqbal", "Hyderabad Blues" and "Rockford".

Kukunoor believes his new film "Laxmi" is hard-hitting as it revolves around the life of a child prostitute. The cast of film includes Shefali Shah and Ram Kapoor with other new faces.

The director has not fixed a date for its release yet. He is currently submitting the film to various film festivals.

He is also exploring the idea of making a road movie.

"Its been something that I have been wanting to do for long time. I have made films in every single genre. Road journey is one such genre that I want to explore and truthfully road movies haven't been explored a lot in India which leaves it wide open to do a whole bunch of them," Kukunoor said.

He has only worked with two Bollywood stars, Akshay Kumar and John Abraham in his 15-year-long film-making career.

When asked about his reluctance to work with stars, Kukunoor said, "If the script is large in scope and requires a lot of money then you have to get a big name to justify that, if its not then you can do without them."

The director prefers to call all his movies real-fiction -- where the settings are real but the stories are fictionalised -- believes that he has a had a fair share of telling both 'rural' and 'urban' stories on the celluloid.

On his future plans, Kukunoor said, "I have always said that I will make a film in every genre. There is a big action film left. 'Tasveer' had a little bit of action, a horror film a road movie are also left.

-purnima- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: ramsakshiroxxx

omg thats gorgeous work girl 

i just loved itbeautigul thread love the pics 
tHankyou so much yaarπŸ€—

aww welcome πŸ€— ...Thanx for the siggie πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ ... it came right at time πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ