BRKD: Character Sketch & Info

ZAHARA. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

Here will contain the list of characters so far in Dastaan. 
The second post will have a family tree of the families.
Edited by ZAHARA. - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ZAHARA. thumbnail
Characters & Cast

Balraj Asthana
Played by: Kiran Karmarkar

The patriarchal head of the family. Balraj, knowing that Nandini is pregnant, will do anything to ensure that she delivers a boy, to gain a family heir. He is shown to have strong values, that the honour and dignity of the family should not be maligned in any way. He is actually the younger brother of the house, but after his older brother died, he himself brought the 
run-down company to new heights, for which he is proud of. 

Biji 
Played by: Mona Ambegaonkar

Biji is more like the "unofficial" head of the family. She shares a close relationship with Nandini as well as Balraj - she is the only one that can control Balraj! She has been brought to the family when she was young but has brought up the children since their mother's death. She is shown to be kind and loveable, especially around children. She deeply cares about Nandini to the point where she wants her to be happy. However, it seems as if Biji is hiding a secret which the family is unaware of. 

Pallavi
Played by: Namrata Thapa

She is Aniruddh's older sister 

Niranjan
Played by: Rishi Khurana

He is Aniruddh's brother-in-law and is *Namrata's character's husband. He is a ghar jamai, living in his wife's maternal house. It seems as if Balraj is not really fond of him, making comments about "dignity". 

Aniruddh Asthana (Deceased)
Played by: Abhinav Shukla

Aniruddh, also known as Ani is Nandini's husband and Meera's lover. It has been shown that he and Meera have been together for two years. He has died about two months earlier from unknown circumstances. We learn that Aniruddh wasn't really someone who was into the family business.

Nandini Asthana
Played by: Additi Gupta

Nandini is Aniruddh's widow wife. She has been shown to love Aniruddh more than her life, to the point where she wants to wear white to be shown as his widow. She is kind hearted and wants the best for everyone. She is currently pregnant with Ani's child but has a miscarriage.

Nupur Asthana
Played by:

The younger sister of Ani's. Nupur wants to work even to the point of secretly having a job but her father's patriarch-ism stops her.

OTHER FAMILY (Asthana)

Alokha Asthana
Played by:

She is Balraj's sister in law

Akhil Asthana
Played by: Chaitanya Chowdhry

Akhil is the older brother of Agasthya's. He is kind and cares about his family and is seen not to get swayed by his mother's plans. He is married to Shyama and has one daughter, Nimmi.

Shyama Asthana
Played by: Richa Soni

Shyama is Akhil's wife. They share a sweet relationship. Not much is none about her past but from a scene where Nimmi is dancing wearing anklets, she begins to feel restless.

Nimmi Asthana 
Played By:

Agasthya Asthana
Played by: Abhaas Mehta

The younger brother of Akhil. He is seen as reckless, getting into trouble. He works for Balraj but often neglects his work (he is asked about a meeting by Balraj but reveals that he didn't do anything about it leading to Balraj to threaten him to bring the file he needed).

Anuja Asthana:

Deepika Asthana (left)
Played by:

OTHER FAMILY (MEERA)

Meera's Mum
Played By:

Meera
Played by: Sanjeeda Shaikh

Meera had been in a relationship with Ani for the past two years. When she arrived at the Asthana mansion post Ani's death, it was the first time she learnt about Nandini being his wife. She is currently pregnant with Ani's child. 

ZAHARA. thumbnail
Family Tree
*This will be updated as more characters(names) are introduced

Asthana Family

Notes:
* Biji is like a mother to Balraj

Meera's Family

Notes:
*Meera has been in relationship with Aniruddh for two years, unknown that he is married to Nandini.
.Painfuldesires thumbnail
Thankx for making this, we really need it! 😆
ZAHARA. thumbnail
Haha, I don't even know much about this! Guess I need to watch more before writing it down. Aha, does anyone even know what Chaitanya's character's name is? 
.Painfuldesires thumbnail

Originally posted by: ZAHARA.

Haha, I don't even know much about this! Guess I need to watch more before writing it down. Aha, does anyone even know what Chaitanya's character's name is? 

ahahaha ya we need to watch some more epi's before we get all their names lol
Nah sorry I don't ... infact i don't think anyone does, i don't think it has even been mentioned till now 🤔 bechara no one calls him by his name 😆
ZAHARA. thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Painfuldesires

ahahaha ya we need to watch some more epi's before we get all their names lol
Nah sorry I don't ... infact i don't think anyone does, i don't think it has even been mentioned till now 🤔 bechara no one calls him by his name 😆

🤣 I need to take some screen caps for the Character Sketch but I'm too lazy now. Aha
duly thumbnail
The woman playing Chaitanya's wife onscreen is Richa Soni
-Naresh- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
thank you so much it's really needed..👍🏼
Ms.SK thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Namrata Thapa plays Anirudh's eldest sister.  (character name still not known).
Her husband (ghar jamai) is played by Rishi Khurana.  (again character name still not known)