Anupama. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago

Hi there all! Here is the second one shot by me..I hope you like it.

Year-

Khushi Gupta was really happy . And why not? Afterall hardly anyone would be out there who would'nt be happy to get a brand new strawberry scented teddy bear shaped eraser. Rocky,the bully of the class ll-A, on whom Khushi  wanted to practice her  hair pulling skills ,but had'nt been able to because'because'well  lets be honest with ourselves atleast,she too was afraid of him; so he ,Rocky, had snatched her Nataraj rubber but if it had'nt been for him then how  she would have got a new one? So with that thought, a 7 year old Khushi, in a red frock with a blue bow at the back,skipped along the lane nearby her home, with her two pigtails on either side of her little head,bobbing up and down ,merrily.

Arnav Malik was really angry. If his being new in a new place and a new school with so many new faces who irritated the hell out of him  was'nt enough.,his new class teacher had decided to make him sit next to a girl! A girl! He just did'nt like them. They had nothing to talk about apart from drawings and crayons,rubber bands and tic-tac pins and so on. Can't his seat mate understand that he was just not interested in knowing how, last evening she had given a makeover to her doll, washed and combed her hair and made her  wear an oh so lovely dress?!

This is how a happy Khushi found an angry 8 year old Arnav with cherubic cheeks,his plump arms folded across his chest,frown marred on his face and pouting lips, in Singh General Store,behind the counter who had just royally ignored her request for a kismi bar. And if it would'nt have been for singh uncle , Khushi would have told him, how his behaviour like this could have cost his shop,losses. Hmpf! Laad Governor.!

That was the first time Arnav Malik met Khushi Gupta,in a residential colony somewhere in Lucknow.

Year-1994      

This could'nt be happening to her. Khushi had prepared so well for her tests. Then how did she get an A instead of A++? She knew it. The teacher had been partial towards that Sheetal because she was a ward of one of the teacher's. ofcourse ! and hence this is absolutely the most reasonable problem to shed tears on. That is when Arnav came to her to speak some words of wisdom that had instantly put her heart to rest.

He was a very nice boy and a dear friend. She although had'nt thought so when she had met him for the first time. He had always stayed aloof from her in the school where they both went and also in the neighbourhood. She also had'nt cared much apart from when she wished to have him as a company to play tipi tipi top. But this one day,two years back,she had come across a group of seniors towering over a small Arnav making fun of him, bullying him and talking somewhat on the lines of Mr. and Mrs.Malik and sheesh mahal. That's it! She could'nt have kept on looking. She had immediately called for help. She was'nt a weakling anymore that she was earlier and hence an 8 year old Khushi that day,2 yrs back, had saved  a 9 year old Arnav with the slogan have no fear when Khushi is here. That had been their first steps of ease,trust,friendship towards each other.

Year-1997

Arnav just did'nt understand. He was her best friend. Her support and confidant. Without seeing and talking to him,the day cannot be deemed complete. They were any day, Rahul-Anjali of real life. So what was so repulsive about friendship bands?! He had denied to wear one. She had spent hours to select this yellow one. Did'nt she play foolball,tried to that is,for him,with him? Did'nt she watch those ugly english action movies even when she had a hard time understanding their accent? He just could'nt do this much for her. She had thought that it would lift up his spirits too since he was quite low these days and was missing his late mother after he had completed the formalities of changing his surname. She won't go downstairs today. Yes.  When Singh uncle alongwith Manorama Aunty,Anjali jiji and him would be here for dinner. Athough it would be hard for her but she wanted to sulk, okay? With these thoughts Khushi fell asleep with the yellow friendship band entangled in her fingers.

Arnav went off to sleep that night with the yellow band kept by his pillow.

Khushi woke up the following morning to find the band missing and ashamed at herself to have left him on his own when she should have been with him. Selflessness like never before wrapped her heart.

Year-2000

Morning, at school-
Arnav just did'nt understand. What was  up with teachers? When younger,they make girls and boys sit with each other. And now when he wanted to sit with Lavanya,they started to hinder and obstruct  him. Why can't they make up their minds? And just why was Khushi looking at him as if she would eat him alive?

Evening,at home-
Apparently,hopes of Arnav of securing a date with Lavanya had been stashed by her. Ofcourse! She would love to go out with those rich ones, isn't it? What could a general merchant shop owner s' nephew, who was studying in the school by the scholarship for hardworking and intelligent students,offer her?
Khushi. She was an angel. And today he knew no matter what , anyone else stayed or not, she would always be by his side. She had been the happiest when he had his first meagre earning by working on a lower strata as a summer job at a fashion house and had stuffed him with sugar free jalebis.
A knock on the door of his room broke his chain of thoughts. On opening,he saw Khushi standing there.

Khushi,angry at him for showing excessive interest in Lavanya,could'nt stop herself from getting back at him but more than that she had to come and tell him that  Shyam, their batchmate, had asked her out. When she told so, that was enough for Arnav to advice her how Shyam was'nt a good guy and how her coming out with Arnav to her favourite Aminabad market to buy her favourite bangles and pom poms for suits,was a better idea,as he led her to his garden in the courtyard adjoining his room.

Year-2002

Arnav had left. But Khushi knew better than to whine over the misery caused due to his absence..,and anyways he would be here during holidays once in two years. Ofcourse, she was sad. She had wished that he would be with her when she would get admission in the teachers training programme. He had always encouraged her to be a teacher when she had realized that she wanted to be one when she used to give tuitions to Barun.
What Arnav had gone for was worth it. He had worked so hard for this foreign scholarship at Harvard University.He would be a big man. And she could'nt have hoped for anything else than fulfillment of Arnav s' wishes. Every night, an 18 year old Khushi, went to sleep with a smile on her face thinking of the time when they had parted at the airport. That hug and kisses on her forehead and cheeks still lingering in her being.

Year- 2012

As the chopper with the AR logo descended in the sprawling lawns of Sheesh Mahal, the media went berserk in an attempt to secure a byte about its occupant and his newest venture that stood before them.
When he finally emerged,his stance demanded nothing but attention and the power of his being was palpable. 29, exceptionally handsome, youngest business tycoon to have recieved such envious success,talk of the nation, Arnav Singh Raizada had broken many female hearts today, as he was here in Lucknow , to get married to his childhood sweetheart, Khushi Kumari Gupta in his ancestral home.
Arnav extended his palm towards the door of the machine, which was a moment later wrapped by a willowy feminine one, her whole being coming into view as she got down and stood next to him,looking at him with all the love her eyes could convey which got reciprocated back even more.

YEAR 2013
*Anupama writing A/N*😛
Thank you for reading.Tell me how do you find this one?
I think the title for this one is too bland.Suggest me please if you think any suitable one.
I got the idea to write this while eating jalebies two days back and also by  the fact that I have to join as a teacher in a school from monday and the principal seems intimidating to me.😃
now I don't know how that is related to the OS.
I had in all my carelessness, had commited a lot of typing errors in my first os and had been lazy enough to not correct it so I have been extra vigilant while writing this...even then if you find any then igggnoore...😉
edited- i've gone through it and corrected many errors which were there even after posting.but if you find any more then ignoooree.😛

someone tell me how do we make a post 'members only'?

Edited by Anupama. - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rasgulla_sp thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Kitna meetha, kitna cute OS tha...

You like to write stories that charts their entire life span, dont you?

Those references to Natraj erasers, Kismi bars, tic tac pins... you reminded me of my childhood 😊
Anony_mous thumbnail

Cute is the only word that comes to my mind.
Khushi saving Arnav from bullies. 
Arnav dissuading her from going out with Shyam. 
And like a true gentleman he was marrying his childhood friend without fuss... haaayyeee  
Anarocksick thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
Res
I'll edit when I get home :-)
---------------
Edited: This was super duper cute! I really enjoyed reading about Khushi's and Arnav's childhood. It kind of reminded me of my own childhood. 
Also I love that you give an over-the-time kind of a view. Makes me satisfied ðŸ˜ƒ 
I think your title it apt. Don't change. 

Cheers! 
Edited by Anarocksick - 11 years ago
Downhill thumbnail
simply fabulous.loved it
princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
very sweet! loved reading it!
panchi123 thumbnail
I read both ur os..really both were good!!! 😉
meera30 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
Res. Will comment soon

Edit:

Sorry for the late edit on this but I got caught up with a lot of stuff though I had managed to read this in time.

It was a wonderful piece and I am partial to childhood love stories. SO this one gets a little extra from me. I hope you will keep writing - you obviously have the knack of telling simple but impactful stories :)
Edited by meera30 - 11 years ago
shree10 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Hey I didn't know you were into writing. thank god I stumbled upon this!

Very cute OS. Bas wo jara 2002 to 2012 ke details mil jaate.. Maybe in OS part 2?? 😉
Anarocksick thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
edited my comment page 1 ðŸ˜Š