ForLoveofBarun thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
Note to Readers: Hello all, I have always wondered about Aman and his incovenient timing when he called Arnav 😊 This one is for the  Aman-incognito... Hope you enjoy reading it!
The English version is right after the one with Hindi Dialogs, so thos who prefer reading the English version, please scroll down.
Aman

Khushi slowly walked back to the kitchen pondering over a thought that had entered her mind the moment her Laad Governor's phone had rung, just as she was kissing him good bye at the doorstep.  And of course it was 'Aman'!  He seemed to be everywhere, available at any time.  How could a man be so super-efficient?  

"Kya baat hai Khushi.  Tumhare dimag mein ab kya pakk raha hai?" questioned Payal looking up from the pot of daal that she was stirring.  "Jiji hum soch rahete ki Arnavji ke saat har pal bitane wala, unke har baat jann ne wala, unke har ek zaroorat turant poora karnewala, kaisa hoga?" 

"Kaisa hoga ka kya matlab Khushi?"  Questioned a puzzled Payal coming closer to Khushi and gently prodding her temples, "Tum teek to ho na? woh tumhare alava aur kaun ho sakta hai?" 

"Hum apni baat nahin jiji, hum Amanji ki baat kar rahen hai.  Ab dekiya na, subhe utt the hi, hamare baad Arnavji ka kisise baat hota hai to woh hai Amanji se, unhe koi bhi office ka cheez chahiye ya koi kaam ho, chota ya bada, uske liye bhi Amanji hai.  Hum dekhna chate hai unhe, milna chahte hai unse".  

"Khushi'. Tum bhi na" chuckled Payal, as mamiji entered the kitchen with a loud "Hello, Hai Bye Bye!  Payal bitiya, Ee ka hai.  Tume to rest karne ka padi.  Long times no standing in the hot kitchen.  Bellies mein baby ka dekhbal karne ka padi."  

"Hame muaf ki ji ye mamiji, humne jiji se baat ched di aur dhyan bhi nahin di.  Chalo jjiji sofe pe baito, aaj poora Khana hum banayenge" declared Khushi leading Payal to the sitting area.  Payal's protests of "Khushi mein maa bann ne waali hoon, bhimaar nahin hoon'." went unheeded by both the women.

Khushi completed her cooking and other chores, and then slowly walked up to Naani's room where Naani and Anjali Di were chatting.  As Khushi entered, Naani stretched her arm inviting Khushi to sit beside her.  Khushi settled down and stroked the content Lakshmiji who was munching the choice leaves that were being fed by Devyani Raizada.  Soon, she started on her topic. "Anjali Di, Kya aap ne kabhi Amanji ko dekha ya unse mili hai?"  

"Nahin to Khushiji.  Par aap yeh kyon pooch rahi hai?"

"Naaniji , aap?"  

"Nahin Kusi bitiya.  Par Ka baat hai.  Sab teek to hai na?" questioned Naani. 

"Woh aaj hame khayaal aaya ki Amanji to Arnav ji ki zindagi, unke kaam se kitne jude hue hai, aur hamne aaj tak unse na mile hai, na unhe jaan paye hai".  

"Baat to bhilkul sahi ki hai aap Khushi ji" said Anjali also biting her lower lip thoughtfully. "Humne iss baat pe dyaan hi nahi di.  Waise hume lagta hai, woh Bengali honge, kyonki hame unke baat mein na bahuthi slight Bengali accent sunayi diya".  

"Accha!  Hame to who Punjab ke lage.  Di,  Kyon na hum Amanji ko apne Ghar Khane pe bulaye.  Unse mulaqat bhi ho jayegi aur unhe, hamare Arnavji ka Khayaal rakne keliye, shukriya adaa karne ka mouka bhi milega,"  

"Haan Haan Kusi bitiya.  Aapka ye vichaar bilkul sahi hai" said Naani encouragingly while Anjali nodded smiling. 

"Khaash Nanheji yehan hote, to hume kuch sujaav dete ki hum kaise Arnavji se yeh baat chede.  Par Devi Mayya, woh to apne 'Bharat ke Sair' program mein vyast hai" muttered Khushi pouting, as she climbed the stairs leading to their bedroom.

Arnav stepped out of the bathroom after his shower, he pulled on his night shirt and switched off his cell, as was his habit of late, for he definitely did not want inconvenient phone calls from Aman anymore.  Arnav looked around the room and out through the French doors to see Khushi sitting by the poolside, her feet drawn up and her chin resting on her knees as she was lost in one of her silent conversations with the stars.  Smiling to himself, Arnav left the room and returned back in a few minutes holding a cup of hot 'adrak waali chai' that his beloved favored. 

"Khushi he said huskily", holding out the cup of tea and sat down next to her as she took it with a smile.  Khushi sighed and leaned against his shoulder and sipped her tea.  "To aaj kya complain kiya mere ma se?" he asked with a mischievous twinkle in his eyes looking at the star they had designated as his mother. 

Khushi's mouth rounded prettily as she gently shoved him and replied "Woh hum unki salaah le rehe te, ki kaise hum aap ke saat kuch baat chede" 

"Ask me anything Khushi.  Tumhara Haq hai, you don't have to think so much" said Arnav kissing the knuckles of her slender hand.

"Hum Amanji se milna chahte hai aur iske liye hum ne unhe hamare ghar lunch pe bulane ki soch rahe hai.  Hume sirf aap ka ok chaiye" she said.  

"Whaaat!" of all the things he certainly had not seen this coming."Khushi", he began. 

"Nahin Arnav ji, ab hum kuch nahin sunn na chate hain.  Hum unke bare mein bi nahin jaan na chate hain.  Hum ab unhe khud dekenge jab woh ayenge.  Par iske liye aapko unhe permission deni hogi.  Hume yakeen hai ki Amanji, aap ke kahene ke begair hamare nyota sweekar nahin karenge.  Kya aap unhe permission denge?" Khushi finished on a pleading note.  

Arnav smiled to himself secretly, thinking in his mind, his khushi was indeed 'paagal' but he was even more so to be head-over-heels in love with his paagal biwi and her paagal ideas.  "As you wish.  Mein Aman ko kal keh doonga ki woh tumhara phone call expect kare aur tumhari baat manle.  Happy? Par yeh baat yaad rakhna, ki tum ne muje abhi Aman ke bhare mein kuch bhi batane nahin diya.  You want to find out yourself" he said eyebrows raised and an even smile on his lips.  

Khushi knit her eyebrows for a brief second, but then wiped off her worry and said, "haan bilkul. My surprise hona chahti hoon." 

"Ok then, that's settled", said Arnav as he picked up his wife in one easy swoop and buried his nose in her hair inhaling her scent, as she wrapped her loving arms around his neck and kissed his cheek.

It was Saturday and Khushi busied herself preparing to welcome Amanji. Naani, Anjali and Payal were busy poring over a blueprint for an additional baby room that Anjali had drafted.  Anjali was extremely happy and excited for Payal and Akash's baby especially since she missed having her own.  She had dusted the cobwebs off her drafting tools and her memory, as she set out to draw a plan for including an additional room as an offset from Akash and Payal's bedroom.  Once she started, her enthusiasm and love for the work returned and put a healthy happy glow in Anjali's cheek and a sparkle in her eyes that had been missing for a while.  Payal was happy that she could play a part in this change in Anjali.  They lifted their head up from time to time to check on Khushi.

Arnav entered the house, following strict orders from his wife to be home for lunch when Aman visited.  Akash was out of town travelling, so he had to represent both of them.  Before he could open his mouth and call out to Khushi, she emerged in front of him and led him to the sitting area, her fingers intertwined with his.  He immediately noted the glow on his Di's face and his heart flipped in his chest to see her thus after so many days.  She looked almost as young and eager as she was when in college.  "All set?" he questioned Khushi as he settled down. 

"Haan.  Ek admi ke liye kitna kaam hoga arnav ji.  Hum lunch mein jobi cheezen banarahe te, bas sab ka thoda extra banaliya".  "Ok!" smiled Arnav enigmatically.

The peal of the doorbell sent Khushi to the door.  She took a calming breath.  It would not do for Mrs. Arnav Singh Raizada to show such excitement at meeting an employee.  She composed her features into a pleasant smile as she opened the door; and her jaw dropped.  "Kya baat hai", Anjali Di said as she rose to join Khushi at the door step along with Payal and Naani.  

"Here we go" muttered Arnav smiling and rose unhurriedly to join the women in his life.

Three men dressed impeccably in black suits and dark shades stood at the doorway.  Khushi who suddenly realized that her mouth was open, quickly shut it and enquired in a tentative voice,"Amanji?"  

"Yes Maam! Aman at your service" said all three extending their hands. Kushi's face was a picture of astonishment, as were the faces of her Jiji, Naniji and Anjali Di.  Arnav who saw his wife rendered speechless for the first time decided to step in and clear things up.  "Khushi, mehmaanon ko andar nahin bulaogi?"  He questioned with a smirk. "Welcome gentlemen", he said and led them to the sofa.  

He turned around to the three women and made the introduction, "Naani, Di, Payal, Khushi, meet Aman Singh, Aman Chatterjee and Aman Suri, collectively ' Aman! (Arnav's Management Assistants Network) Aman, as I refer to them,is not a single individual, it's  a concept that is an institution by itself.  Mere demands aur deadlines ko agar clockwork ki tarah poori karni hai, to woh ek aadmi ki bas ki baat nahin hain.  Yeh teeno, Aman, ek well-oiled machine ki tarah mere har requirement ko pura karte hai.  It doesn't matter which Aman I talk too, it gets done."  Gentlemen, we shall dine now, declared Arnav very much the lord of the manor, showering hospitality in his own classy style.

After the Amans had left, Khushi cooked another simple meal, muttering to herself,"Kash hum kal raat Arnavji ki baat sun lete.  Devi Mayya, humne hi to surprise maangi thi, tho lo milgayi surprise".  She and Arnavji had to skip eating lunch, because Khushi had planned on only one extra guest not three.  Arnav who had changed into his casual clothes helped her carry the fresh meal to the dining table.  And once seated, he lovingly fed his wife and answered her various questions about how he had conceived this idea of having 3 people work like one so none of them were burned out and yet he got what he wanted.  Khushi ate quietly fed by her Laad Governor watching him with adoring eyes!  She silently thanked Devi Mayya for dropping her in his arms literally!

Aman(English Version)

Khushi slowly walked back to the kitchen pondering over a thought that had entered her mind the moment her Laad Governor's phone had rung, just as she was kissing him good bye at the doorstep.  And of course it was 'Aman'!  He seemed to be everywhere, available at any time.  How could a man be so super-efficient?  

"What's the matter Khushi?  Why do I see the wheels in your head turning?" questioned Payal looking up from the pot of daal that she was stirring.  "Jiji I was just wondering that someone who is a constant part of Arnavji's life, someone who attends to his every single need, and someone who knows him very well and is like his shadow, how would such a person be?" 

"Someone? How would they be?"  Questioned a puzzled Payal, who walked closer to Khushi and gently prodded her temples. "Are you ok? Who can that someone be other than you Khushi?" 

"Oh!  I am not talking about me but about Amanji.  If there is anyone that Arnavji speaks to first after me, first thing in the morning, that's Amanji.  If he needs anything, work or otherwise taken care off, no matter how important or trivial it may be, he calls Amanji.  The last person he speaks to prior to me before going to bed, its Amanji".  

"Khushi'. You are impossible, you realize that?" Chuckled Payal, as mamiji entered the kitchen with a loud "Hello, Hai Bye Bye!  Payal bitiya, what are you doing?  Long times no standing in the hot kitchen.  You have to take care of the baby in your bellies"  

"Forgive me mamiji; I was so engrossed in my conversation that I did not pay attention. Come Jiji, you relax on the sofa.  I'll take care of all the cooking for the day" declared Khushi leading Payal to the sitting area.  Payal's protests of "I am a pregnant woman, not an invalid..'." went unheeded by both the women.

Khushi completed her cooking and other chores, and then slowly walked up to Naani's room where Naaniji and Anjali Di were chatting.  As Khushi entered, Naani stretched her arm inviting Khushi to sit beside her.  Khushi settled down and stroked the content Lakshmiji who was munching the choice leaves that were being fed by Devyani Raizada.  Soon, she started on her topic. "Anjali Di, Have you ever met Amanji?"  

"No, I haven't Khushiji.  Why do you ask?" 

"Naaniji , how about you?"  

"No, Kusi bitiya.  What's the matter?  Is everything alright?" questioned Naani.  

"It suddenly struck me today, that for someone as closely associated with Arnavji's life and work, for someone who fulfills his every command, Amanji has been practically incognito as far as we are concerned.  We have not seen him, or met him".  

"You are absolutely right Khushi ji" said Anjali also biting her lower lip thoughtfully. "I never paid much attention to it till you now.  By the by I am guessing that he is a Bengali, due to the slight accent I heard while speaking to him".  

"Really, I thought he sounded like a Punjabi.  Di, why don't we invite him over for lunch?  We will get to meet him and I'll get a chance to thank him for taking such good care of Arnavji's demands,"  

"That's absolutely true Kusi bitiya.  I love your thought" said Naani encouragingly while Anjali nodded smiling.  

"I wish Nanheji were here so I could discuss strategies on convincing Arnavji to invite Aman over.  But he is of course busy on his sightseeing tour, travelling to various parts of India" muttered Khushi, pouting, as she climbed the stairs leading to their bedroom.

Arnav stepped out of the bathroom after his shower, he pulled on his night shirt and switched off his cell as was his habit of late, for he definitely did not want inconvenient phone calls from Aman anymore.  Arnav looked around the room and out through the French doors to see Khushi sitting by the poolside, her feet drawn up and her chin resting on her knees as she was lost in one of her silent conversations with the stars.  Smiling to himself, Arnav left the room and returned back in a few minutes holding a cup of hot ginger tea that his beloved favored. 

"Khushi he said huskily", holding out the cup of tea and sat down next to her as she took it with a smile.  Khushi sighed and leaned against his shoulder and sipped her tea.  "So what was your complaint about me to my mom today?" he asked with a mischievous twinkle in his eyes staring at the star that they had designated as his mom.  Khushi's mouth rounded prettily as she gently shoved him and replied "I was just asking her for advice on how to broach a topic I have on my mind with you." 

"Ask me anything Khushi.  It's your right, you don't have to think so much" said Arnav kissing the knuckles of her slender hand.

"I wish to meet Amanji, and hence am planning to invite him over for lunch.  I just need you to OK this proposal" she said.  

"Whaaat!" of all the things he certainly had not seen this coming."Khushi", he began. 

"Arnavji, Please don't say another word regarding Amanji. I really wish you would say yes to my proposal.  Also I have a feeling that unless you expressly instruct Amanji, he will not accept my invite can you please do so?" Khushi finished on a pleading note.  Arnav smiled to himself secretly, thinking in his mind, his khushi was indeed 'paagal(crazy)' but he was even more so, to be head-over-heels in love with his crazy wife and her off beat ideas.  "As you wish! I'll let Aman know to expect a call from you tomorrow, and to accept your invitation.  Happy?  Just remember that you stopped me from saying anything concerning Aman.  You want to find out yourself" he said eyebrows raised and an even smile on his lips.  Khushi knit her eyebrows for a brief second, but then wiped off her worry and said, "You got that right.  I want to be discover when I meet him, and leave an element of surprise intact." 

"Ok then, that's settled", said Arnav as he picked up his wife in one easy swoop and buried his nose in her hair inhaling her scent, as she wrapped her loving arms around his neck and kissed his cheek.

It was Saturday and Khushi busied herself preparing to welcome Amanji. Naani, Anjali and Payal were busy poring over a blueprint for an additional baby room that Anjali had drafted.  Anjali was extremely happy and excited for Payal and Akash's baby especially since she missed having her own.  She had dusted the cobwebs off her drafting tools and her memory, as she set out to draw a plan for including an additional room as an offset from Akash and Payal's bedroom.  Once she started, her enthusiasm and love for the work returned and put a healthy happy glow in Anjali's cheek and a sparkle in her eyes that had been missing for a while.  Payal was happy that she could play a part in this change in Anjali.  They lifted their head up from time to time to check on Khushi.

Arnav entered the house, following strict orders from his wife to be home for lunch when Aman visited.  Akash was out of town travelling, so he had to represent both of them.  Before he could open his mouth and call out to Khushi, she emerged in front of him led him to the sitting area, her fingers intertwined with his.  He immediately noted the glow on his Di's face and his heart flipped in his chest to see her thus after so many days.  She looked almost as young and eager as she was when in college.  "All set?" he questioned Khushi as he settled down. 

"Yep.  It isn't a lot of work.  After all he is just one guest.  So I made a little bit extra of everything I cooked for lunch".  

"Ok!" smiled Arnav enigmatically.

The peal of the doorbell sent Khushi to the door.  She took a calming breath.  It would not do for Mrs. Arnav Singh Raizada to show such excitement at meeting an employee.  She composed her features into a pleasant smile as she opened the door; and her jaw dropped.  "What's the matter?" Anjali said as she rose to join Khushi at the door step along with Payal and Naani.  

"Here we go" muttered Arnav smiling and rose unhurriedly to join the women in his life.

Three men dressed impeccably in black suits and dark shades stood at the doorway.  Khushi, who suddenly realized that her mouth was open, quickly shut it and enquired in a tentative voice,"Amanji?" "Yes Maam! Aman at your service" said all three extending their hands. Kushi's face was a picture of astonishment, as were the faces of her Jiji, Naniji and Anjali Di.  Arnav who saw his wife rendered speechless for the first time decided to step in and clear things up.  "Khushi, won't you invite our guests in?"  He questioned with a smirk. "Welcome gentlemen", he said and led them to the sofa.  

He turned around to the three women and made the introduction, "Naani, Di, Payal, Khushi, meet Aman Singh, Aman Chatterjee and Aman Suri, collectively ' Aman!  (Arnav's Management Assistants Network) Aman, as I refer to them,is not a single individual, it's  a concept that is an institution by itself.   It's not possible for a single individual to fulfill my demands on time every time Twenty Four by Seven, Three Hundred and Sixty Five days a year, and hence this arrangement.  These three Amans act as one well-oiled machine to fulfill every demand I place on them.  It doesn't matter which Aman I talk too, it gets done."  Gentlemen, we shall dine now, declared Arnav very much the lord of the manor, showering hospitality in his own classy style.

After the Amans had left, Khushi cooked another simple meal muttering to herself,"I wish I had heard what Arnavji had to tell me last night.  But no, I had to stop him and tell him I want to be surprised, and lo and behold I got my surprise.  She and Arnavji had to skip eating lunch, because Khushi had planned on only one extra guest not three.  Arnav who had changed into his casual clothes helped her carry the fresh meal to the dining table.  And once seated, he lovingly fed his wife and answered her various questions about how he had conceived this idea of having 3 people work like one so none of them were burned out and yet he got what he wanted.  

Khushi ate quietly fed by her Laad Governor watching him with adoring eyes!  She silently thanked Devi Mayya for dropping her in his arms literally!

Edited by ForLoveofBarun - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RizArshi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Nice concept. It never occurred to me that there would be more than one Aman while reading the story. Arnav and Khushi skipping the meal to accommodate the guests was a sweet gesture. I liked the OS. Thanks for the PM :)
pup03 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
what a surprise???? Aman is not one but three men... wow it was very nice OS.. loved it.. 

thanks for pm ðŸ˜Š
Edited by pup03 - 11 years ago
srishti_jain thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Great update! I always wondered who Aman could be. He was literally Arnav's right hand man. They should have definitely shown who Aman was because he was always the hurdle between our Arshi's romance! I loved Khushi's curiosity! I absolutely loved this update and the idea of having 3 Amans instead of one was quite practical and unique! How could one man do all those things that Arnav wanted him to do, seriously! Well thanks for this story! I loved reading it! Thank you so much for the PM! ðŸ˜Š
..Gunjan.. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
amazing idea of three aman's
awesome...really loved it !
Edited by fan123GUNJ - 11 years ago
sj_arhi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
An enjoyable  OS. We finally got to solve the mystery behind the multitasking Aman. So true it is hardly possible for one man to handle all the workload of AR given the no. of days ASR stayed back at home or got kidnapped. I liked how you framed it in a story form.
PS: Type the title specifying that the English version is available as then you would ensure that members who do not interpret Hindi do not miss the OS by reading the first few lines. ðŸ˜Š
Edited by sj_arhi - 11 years ago
-Aniisha- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Enjoyed reading ur update dear ðŸ˜Š nice concept...
keep it up
happy_cupcake thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
now dat was really suprising...3 amans ...lolzzz😆
SPMom thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Haha Nice Surprise Indu!! Hatsoff to your imagination :). A good     one indeed.
mastermagician thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
nice concept 😊 it was a surprise to find out that there were actually 3 amans