SS: Teach Me To Let Go!! [Updt pg 7, 21st Aug]

Aukview thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

Hey guys!

I started another story. I know I need to update SIHA and I'll do it soon, I am a little busy right now as my college started! I wrote this prologue a few days ago...thought I'd post it and see how the response is.

I have been pondering on this story for a few days before I started penning it down. It is from a view point of a new character Ayush Singhania. There will be romance, fun, hopefully a couple of interesting cases, tragedy but also happiness. This is essentially a love story, not of any one pair in particular but I hope to show a few through the course of the story.

The title is something that applies, if not all to most of the characters of the story. Through the course of the story I hope I'll be able to show the characters learning to let go of their pasts, grudges, fears and most difficult of them all - loved ones.

Oookay, so that's my blabbering done, the prologue is in the post below. I might post Chapter One in the weekend but, after that I will continue the story ONLY if the response is good and you want me to continue.

Let me know what you guys think.

❤️ Simar

Index:

Chp1 - pg 4

Chp2 - pg 7

Edited by Aukview - 10 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aukview thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4

Teach Me To Let Go!

Prologue

"You know what Sam, tumse zyaada mujhe koyi nahi jaanta"

He said and waited for his best friend's signature smug followed by a witty comment, but they never came. Frowning he picked up the beer bottle on the table and looked outside as the grey sky filled the streets with darkness. He brought the rim of the bottle up to his lips but hastily lowered it as Sam's silence stirred uneasiness in his stomach.

"Yaar itna chup math raha karo tumhe suit nahi kartha"

Sam gave him a half hearted smile and took a long gulp from his own bottle. By the time the bottle parted his lips, it was half empty.

"Oye! Kya hua? Pari ke saath jagada hua hain kya?" He was now getting worried at Sam's unusual restlessness.

"Nahi toh, kyun?" Sam asked him.

"Dekh apne aap ko, ho kya gaya hain tujhe?"

As a response to his question, Sam did a weird kind of a fidget with his fingers, which he knew was an old habit of his friend's that he did whenever he was nervous or upset.

He shook his head and smiled at his best friend's struggle. He often wondered how they became the best of friends they were today; when they were quite literally opposite to each other. Sam and his life was perfect in all senses, a beautiful family with loving parents and an adoring sister, a career which he dreamed of since childhood, a pretty and loving fianc who will soon be his wife. And of course not to forget a best friend who would do anything for him.

He would guilty admit that he envies his best friend's life more than often. It was not just these that were differing from his own world; Sam always wore his feelings on his sleeve, ready to read. While he tied them all up and threw them in to a dark corner of his heart, never to be seen or felt ever again.

He sighed not able to look at Sam's struggle anymore, "US job offer aagaya?"

Sam looked at him surprised, "How did you..."

"Kab jaana hain?"

"Next month join karna hain..." he said dully.

Sped up heart beat followed a tug at his heart; this pain, this hurt, this loss would be no different to the many others he had been through. It will have the same destiny as the others – the dark corner in his heart. He put on the well rehearsed smile and continued,

"Wow! That's great yaar!! You'll have just enough time to get married and honeymoon hoga US main...kyun?"

Sam looked at him nonchalantly, "Tu sabse apna dard chupa saktha hain yaar par mujhse nahi..." he paused as he looked down and a deep crease formed between his brows, "...come with me to US, yeh tere liye ek bada mauka hain, to start your life fresh"

"You know I can't do that...I..."

"Ayush please, mujhe twenty four seven tera hi phikar rehta hain...the way you are handling whatever happened, it's just..."

Ayush's fake smile vanished, "Samar, we were talking about you going to US...let's just stick to that okay?..." He paused, collecting himself he continued, "Aunty and uncle must be very happy..."

Samar though wasn't going to let it go so easily, and he knew that.

"Ayu, jo bhi hua..."

"Hogaya..." Ayush said sternly before his friend could continue, "...usse baar, baar dohrane se woh wapas aane wali nahi hain. Koyi waapas aane waala nahi hain, jo chale gaye woh chale gaye Sam...aur ab tu bhi jaa raha hain..."

There was silence as guilt crept up Samar's face, that wasn't Ayush's intention at all. He hurried to rectify the situation.

"Yaar ab yeh guilty face math bana, mazaak kar raha tha. Aur yeh kya laga raka hain US chal, US chal? Jaanta hain na...I am joining ETF..."  

"Haan jaanta hoon lekin tu yeha akela?..."

"Tu jaayega toh aur dost ho jaayenge"

"Sabke paas mere jitna patience nahi hota hain Ayu tujhe jhelne ke liye..." Samar said smiling, a bit of his normal side finally surfaced through for the first time that evening.

"Accha? Tu jaa apna USA. Mujhe miljaayenge aur dost yeha par. Suna hain ETF team bahut friendly aur welcoming hain, kya pata koyi naya best friend ho jaaye?"

"Haan par please yaar, last time ki tarah..jaate hi ladkiyon ke saath flirting shuru math kardena..."

Ayush looked at him with fake surprise and wide eyes, "Flirting is my second nature, I can't..."

"Tu kabhi nahi sudrega Ayush Singhania!!"

Both friends laughed heartily and spent the rest of the evening talking about USA and ETF, the most exciting things happening in the friends' lives right now. Ayush tried his best to not think of the days ahead when his best friend, his brother, won't be here at the end of the day to come to and share and lighten his heart's ache.

Edited by Aukview - 11 years ago
satanslove thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Bring it on Girl!!!!

And yes we missed you & SIHA😃
Payal_156 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Awesum start dear
loved ur writing
continue pls