Dharmayutham Dec 2012 - Page 2

Posted: 11 years ago

Monday 17 / 12 / 12 Episode No 87

Arjun files the writ in the court. The judges say that our constitution does not endorse euthanasia. Arjun says that Major Kishore was an army officer "had a consuming life and now he can not do any thing without the help of some one else. All he wants now is a death with dignity. I request you to consider this and accept the writ " The judges accept the writ petition but instruct the Government to comment on this situation.

Gayathri and Nambi are talking. Nambi asks "are you sure that it is a suicide?" Gayathri says that there is no reason to believe otherwise. Nambi says that he did not even know to ride a cycle at 16 "these days either the kids are too smart or too sensitive "16 years le love, apram suicide , can not understand this younger generation " Finally tells Gayathri not to trust the client completely . Ram is met by the hospital guys. The doctor says that this patient Mandar had only a small surgical procedure. "the problem was that when asked he said he has no allergies and so proceeded. The anaesthetist was not present but we went by his instructions. He had pain during the surgery and we had to abort the procedure. Had he told us that he did not know if he had any allergies, we would have conducted tests before the surgery . Now he is claiming some 60 Lakhs compensation " Ram asks a few questions and promises to take care.

Gayathri and Arjun are sitting inside the car. Gayathri asks Arjun to come home "amma wants to see you " Arjun asks "right away?" Gayathri laughs and says that she will tell him the right time. Goes on to say that her mom walked in to her room one night  - "while I was sending you those long messages " – and suddenly asked her about Arjun visiting them. Arjun says that her mom wanted to discuss dowry matters "I will come with the pant and shirt I have on, you have to support me "Gayathri laughs and says that they are able to enjoy their relationship "but it is not the same for many " Then both end up discussing their cases and Gayathri observes "you seem to get such variety of cases and you come out with flying colours. I am really proud of you " Gayathri in court – Vikram 's case is on. The PP says that they do not have the post-mortem report " we just know that this is a death by asphyxiation . We do not know whether this is a murder or suicide "Judge rules that the post-mortem report should be got within 2 days "until then this is adjourned " Gayathri is quiet. Nambi and Gayathri discussing Vikram's case. Gayathri tells him about the court details and nambi once again warns "do not take the client's words totally "Gayathri says that in Vikram's case she believes the mother "anyway I am meeting a doctor friend to clarify a few doubts "

Sundaram Associates – phone rings and the receptionist is not around. Gayathri picks up the phone  and learns that it is the same hospital call. Now they have two cases – one is the compensation case and the other is …yes, the same major Kishore's euthanasia case (so whoever is dealing with that case will be pitted against Arjun ) Gayathri tells them that her father is not around "pls email the details to me and I will take care " Ashwin comes and Gayathri asks "so, some marathon meeting , eh?" Ashwin says that it is the hospital cases . Gayathri wants to know as to who is taking which case. Ashwin says that Ram is taking the compensation case and nambi will be dealing with the euthanasia case. Gayathri looks pensive and Ashwin is surprised "so, why are you asking for so many details?" Gayathri says that she will tell him later.

Freeze

Edited by rojapoooo - 11 years ago

Tuesday  18 / 12 / 12 Episode No 88

Gayathri and Nambi – G tells N that the hospital has sent details of the euthanasia case by email and that she has forwarded to Nambi.  Asks nambi "what do you think about this case?" Nambi says that like how  we oppose capital punishment we need to oppose this as well " what if the family is not able to take care of such people and end the life in the name of euthanasia?" Gayathri tells Nambi that he is pitted against Arjun. Nambi smiles – Gayathri laughs and says that she is reminded of the movie Gauravam "Kilikki rekkai mualichuduthu, athan opposing my case " Nambiu  says that Arjun knows only too well that he should not combine business and personal relationships.  

Vikram case is on. The inspector is asked by the PP about the reason of death. Inspector says that the first report says that the death is due to asphyxia . PP asks " so it need not necessarily  be a suicide?" Inspector nods in affirmation. Gayathri gets up and says Vikram is the earning member of the family and there is no reason to believe that he will jeopardize the family with any such act " Karthika had a small injury in the neck and medicine says that such injury is likely to happen when the hanging body is brought down  " I have submitted the proof for that. Also, there is not a single evidence in the body to assume that there was some kind of fight or force. If some one tried to kill her, there  should be some  be some kind of resistance and due to that there should be some injury " PP says that the question now is not about suicide or murder "this case is about how she was forced to take this extreme step. All she did was to talk to a friend. For that her brother shouted at her so much and look at what happened" Gayathri defends saying that Vikram did only what normally brothers will do " he chided her and also called the boy to keep off" Next the PP says that Vikram's mother has complained that Karthika was driven to suicide only because of her son Vikram "that is how the FIR is filed " Gayathri now says that Vikaram's mother did not sign the complaint. PP wonders "so Gayathri says that the signature on the complaint is not Jaya's?" Gayathri says "yes, it is not Jaya's " Judge says that Gayathri should have first brought in this issue "why do you waste court's time? You should have said this first . This case will be tried at 5 pm again " Mani informs Arjun that it is Sundaram Associates who are appearing for the hospital " You could be pitted against white and white or even Ram Mohan "

Nambi gets a call from a hospital saying that Sundaram had had a heart attack "third attack…serious " Nambi calls the children one by one and informs "could be serious " All have visions of Sundaram's interactions and all rush to the hospital. Ram and Nambi are met by the doctor- doctor says that it is the third attack and Ram is surprised. Docotr asks Nambi "enna Nambi , sOllave illiya?" Nambi is quiet and Ram looks at Nambi – a look which says "why and how can you hide this from me?" Doctor goes on to say that he warned Sundaram but he never listened "a lot of blocks but we can not operate now . He is living with the help of ventilator – if that is removed, he will be no more " Ram and Nambi look lost

Freeze

Wednesday 19 / 12 / 12 Episode No 89

Arjun's office – Indra, Mani and Sharadha are talking. Mani as usual kids around. Arjun walks in hurriedly and tells them about Sundaram being sick. Mani flips "these days even a 10 year old gets heart attack " – all the rest pounce on him " don't you know when not to joke?"  Sharadha asks Arjun "did you call Gayathri?" Looks like Arjun did not – he rushes out.

Hospital – Gayathri is standing all alone. Arjun walks in and stands behind her and she does not see him. Arjun's phone rings and Gayathri turns – she just goes and hugs him and cries (it was so natural to see her do that  - a normal reaction from a normal person ) Arjun consoles her and says that her dad will be fine "he is a strong man, nothing will happen to him " Gayathri says that she has not spoken to him properly for over 3 months " we all kept telling him to go for a master health check. He never listened. Now to see him like this is difficult " Arjun once again hugs her and comforts. On the other side, the brothers are comforting each other . Ashwin is shaken and Ram is consoling – Ram says that their dad over worked " whenever we had a problem, he is always there for us. We do not have to even tell him the problem !! Now when he is like this, we are not able to help " the brothers lean on each other.

Gayathri's cabin. Vikram's uncle is waiting. Gayathri tells him that she is going through a tough time "my dad is in the ICU. Not sure if I can concentrate and do any thing. I have a good lawyer friend who can help you " Vikram's uncle says that he would much rather have her deal the case " I will wait . I will pray for your dad to get well soon " Gayathri says that the case will be heard after a week "hope things will settle down for me. I will get Vikram out on bail " Ko "dhandam" comes to Nambi's cabin and asks about Sundaram . Nambi says that it is only a small set back. " He will be back at the office in two days . I do not want any one discussing this in the office, got it ? The office should go as usual " Ko nods his head, goes out but comes in again to say "Sundaram sir will be ok sir, he will come to the office " Nambi just stares at him and after he leaves looks pensive.  Nambi is done for the day – as he comes out he sees Gayathri sitting alone – Gaythri worries about her dad and Nambi consoles "just wait and watch, next week he will be here and drive us all mad asking about cases and the way they were handled " Gayathri smiles.

Arjun's office. Mani beats around the bush and finally tells Indra and Sharadha that Arjun is pitted against Sundaram Associates in the euthanasia case. Arjun is in his cabin listening to this discussion. Sharadha wants to know as to who will be on the other side . Mani says that since Sundaram is unwell, he wont be there. "could be Ram – as he is waiting to take revenge ever since he lost that Rana case to us " Sharadha says that it could even be Nambi but Mani vetoes that. Indra says that the point here is about the growth of Arjun " he walked out of Sundaram Associates with almost nothing on hand but now he has grown so much that they respect him" Sharadha is worried about Arjun facing Nambi in the court. Indra says that once the black  coat gets donned, the opponent is of no consequence " we must only  think of our client, justice and truth. I am sure Arjun knows that profession should not be compromised for any thing " Arjun smiles to himself , has visions of him and Sharadha coming out of the lift  at Sundaram's office.

Freeze  

Thursday  20 / 12 / 12 Episode No 90

Flash back time ' not sure if it is Arjun's , but looks  like it is Arjun who is going down the memory lane. Nambi is on the phone with Sundaram. Sundaram asks about the tussle between Ram and Arjun. Nambi explains about the Rana case and how Arjun felt that he was used . Sundaram says that Arjun is an asset to the firm "talk to him and ask him not to leave.  There is a murder case ' college boy killing a friend of his ' I want Arjun to assist me in that " Nambi promises to convince Arjun. Nambi has a talk with Arjun and convinces him. Arjun decides not to leave the firm just then.

Ram is with Nambi and Arjun walks in. Nambi talks about the case to Arjun . Ram gets agitated saying that he did not know about his dad taking up that particular case. Nambi says "Oh , I thought that you knew , it is ok, be calm " Ram says that he is as cool as a cucumber and walks out. Nambi smiles and tells Arjun that personal egos have nothing to do with profession. Explains the case "Nikil and Varun are friends. Varun has been murdered and the police have arrested Nikil. His parents approached us. I would like you to go and meet Nikil. Then we can get a clear picture. Do all the spade work and be ready. As soon as Sundaram comes, we will have to move "Arjun promises to do the needful.

KO "dhandam " corners Sharadha and asks " I heard that you  guys are not leaving after all??!!" Sharadha asks "are you happy or not?" Ko says that he was happy when Arjun opposed Ram "that you guys are doing some thing which I could not but now I am more happy that you guys are back " Sharadha laughs at the diplomacy . Ko says that Sundaram is very good at extracting work from his juniors. " He will make sure that you guys work your bones off " Sharadha chides him for being mean about his place of work "so if you feel so strongly about this, why are you still here ?" Ko says that he is the pillar of this concern and they just can't do with out him ' athu sari.

Arjun meets Nikil ' Nikil narrates about the incident " me and Varun are friends. We went to the pub on that day and on the way back, I drove his Benz. On the way, some guy asked for a lift and Varun asked him to get in. I do not know him but Varun said that he had met him in the club and forgot even his name. That man started talking ill of Priya , Varun's girl friend . Varun warned him afew times but he never listened. Suddenly he took a knife and slit Varun's throat.  I got scared and hit the car against some thing. Could not start it easily. I managed to start and took Varun to the hospital but he died. " Arjun asks " were you drunk?" First Nikil says no but later accepts. Arjun asks more questions about the guy who stabbed Varun but Nikil does  not have much details. Arjun comes back to the office and tells Nambi that Nikil could be innocent. Asks about Sundaram's return and Nambi says that he would be delayed. "You be ready with everything. As soon as Sundaram comes , he will gun for it. The spade work should all be ready " Arjun agrees to do the work.

Freeze

Friday 21 / 12 / 12 Episode No 91

Flash back continues.  Arjun and Sharadha visit the accident site at midnight  as the incident happened around midnight. They take some pictures, measure some distances, make notes and then get back to the office. They make full notes of everything . Sharadha says that Nikil is possibly telling the truth. Arjun observes that there is a small stream near the accident site "it is possible that the murdere threw the weapon in to that and escaped? "  Next morning Nambi asks about the midnight working and Arjun says that he wanted to verify  Nikil's story. Nambi says that Arjun's approach is different. " Normally we trust the client and take it from there. Your approach is different" Arjun tries to explain but Nambi says that he is not finding fault "I said that this is different. But you need to remember some thing. As advocates, we just do the pleading for our clients. Investigations should be done by the forensic people. "

Sharadha and Arjun. S asks Arjun to come out for a cup of coffee and Arjun says that he is busy. Talk turns to Gayathri  and S says that she misses Gayathri. Arjun says that G is the junior of some famous lawyer in Delhi and is busy with Supreme Court cases.Arjun meets Nikil and his parents and tell them that it would be a good idea to send a letter to the Commissioner - "that way we can ask the police to look for the third person and the murder weapon "  Nambi calls Arjun and says that Sundaram is representing the state Government in some water dispute case "so he won't be able to handle this murder case. I will ask Ram to take over this . Sundaram wants you in Delhi . He wants you to assist him. Please meet Ram and give him the details of the case collected so far, ok?" Arjun is not very happy but has no option. Agrees to do just that.

Arjun takes all the details and goes to Ram. Tells him that he can explain everything if Ram can find time for him. Ram insults him totally saying that he knows how to take the case up and needs no tuition. Arjun is crest fallen. Ram dismisses him unceremoniously. Coffee shop ' Arjun and Sharadha are talking ' S says that she has some things for Gayathri . S learns that Arjun has no proper winter clothing and so tells him that they should go shopping immediately. Mani walks in , kids around as usual and learns that Arjun is going to Delhi . Arjun is still upset that he is not sure if Ram even read the notes given. Mani cheers him up and orders  two cappuccinos on Arjun's account.

Freeze

Monday 24 / 12 / 12 Episode No 92

Nambi looks for Ram 'he is not in his cabin . Nambi calls Ahswin and tells him that he will be assisting Ram in Nikil's case . Nambi also says that Arjun has already done a lot of work  - " please read through all that and get ready. I am telling you this because I know Ram will not read Arjun's work. I do not want repetition of the same work and waste  energy and time . Ashwin agrees to do just that.  Ashwin goes to Ram and tells him that he wants to go through Arjun's notes.  Ram tells Ashwin to do his own work. " Just throw away Arjun's work. We are the best. We should do our own spade work, ok? "  KO mokkai with Sharadha  - usual sappadu topic -  Ko asks for puliyodarai and pongal 'challenges Sharadha to find out the raga of a song -  sings a song and S finds the ragam. No sapadu for KO. Seriously, why do they have this character? A firm like Sundaram Associates can afford such a waste advocate?   

Nikil case is on. Parthiban, the police constable is questioned by PP . Parthiban says that Varun and Nikil came to the hospital in the vehicle which was in an accident." Both were bloody. Varun  was pronounced dead. Nikil was taken away before that by his parents" . Ram does the cross examination  " do you like yr job? So why did u apply for a change in duty ? " Parthiban says that he gets migrane if he keeps awake. Asks about the ledger ' says that he was not on duty on that day ' " In fact for  the whole month you have been on duty only few days  ' how do u say that u saw Nikil in the hospital? " Next  Ram puts Preethi on stand ' establishes that she is not in love with Varun. - Just a friend. "  Prosecution says that u are his lover. Since u were close with Varun , Nikil was jealous and killed him, is that true? " Preethi denies. PP says that the witness should be pronounced as hostile "she has  changed her stand now. She told the police some other story " Preethi says that the police forced her and got a different statement " I come from a good family and I am getting married soon. Please do not malign my name" Ram has a  satisfied smile.

Another Mokkai from Ko - again with Sharadha "find the ragam, sappadu " - uh huh Next comes the  concierge of the pub. He says that he saw Nikil and Varun together. Ram asks him as to how he can surely say that Nikil was there ' "the pub is normally dim !!" Concierge says that  Varun was fully drunk. " I had to assist him to get in to the car. Nikil was in the driver seat "

Freeze

Wednesday 26 / 12 / 12 Episode No 93

Ashwin and Ram outside the court. Ashwin says that he is not happy with the arguments "our side looks weak " Ram asks "do you think that Nikhil is not guilty? When the PP crosses in the court, you will understand " Ashwin is still at a loss ' does not understand head or tail . Ashwin tells Nambi that it is not easy working with Ram. "he says that he is talking to appa , I am not even sure of his next move " Nambi asks about Arjun's notes and Ashwin says that Ram ignored all that "he forbade me reading through as well . He believes that Nikhil is the killer " Nambi says that Ram is no fool "you are assisting him only. It is his responsibility , so do not sweat, ok?" As if Ashwin has any other choice !! Mani after a long time ' with his senior Sigamani. Mani is happily asleep and Sigamani comes in saying that a client called " after a long time, we have a client . Can you please clean this office ?" Mani says that Sigamani should have employed a maid to do all that "however, will do now as my salary is at stake " Statrs cleaning.

Nikhil's case. PP submits a letter evidence saying that Nikhil wrote a letter to media and the police commissioner. Ram jumps saying that it is impossible to summon the media while one is in custody "please do not do some stunt to divert the case " PP says that the letter was written by Nikhil. Judge establishes that it was indeed written by Nikhil and asks Ram "so , how do you explain this ?" Ram is livid ' since he had no clue about this. Well, Sigamani's office is graced by the "client " , Mani goes overboard in terms of hospitality..only to know that the client actually wants a notary signature. Mani shows him the door. Ram asks Nikhil about the letter "why did you not tell me?" Nikhil says that it was Arjun's idea ' Ram bursts "who is your lawyer, me or Arjun?" Nikhil says that Arjun called only from Sundaram's office "and I thought that he would have told you "

Ashwin calls Arjun and asks about the letter "Ram is trying to prove that Nikhil never went to the hotel  but this letter changes everything !! " Arjun says that he gave the suggestion so that the police will have to look for the third person  - "should I talk to Ram?" Ashwin says that Ram is already very angry "we will manage " Brain storming session ' Ashwin, Ram and Ko?? (pazha pOchu ) Ko says that he does not understand " Nikhil agrees that he went to the hotel. So, why can't you put him up on the stand ?" Ram snorts  - " a bunch of fools " ' and leaves. Ashwin patiently explains "Ram does not want Nikhil to take the stand . PP is a clever man and will somehow make Nikhil accept the crime "  Not that Ko understands any of this ' gives a free card "yethO seyngappa "

Freeze

Thursday 27 / 12 / 12 Episode No 94

Nambi and Sharadha – discussing a case. Sharadha says that she has already briefed to the client and also sent the details by email. Nambi says that it is best to email "he forgets whatever we tell him . This way at least we know that we have communicated " Sharadha brings up the topic of Ram being angry with Arjun . "not sure if Ram went through Arjun's work . May be I could show the notes to Ashwin?" Nambi says that Ram considers Sharadha as Arjun's mate "so he would get angry with you too. Just leave it.  Let them fight their battle " Sharadha looks uncertain.

KO meets Sharadha in the corridor – bugs her about finding some ragam (this guy gets on my nerves!! What a waste?) S escapes and goes to Ashwin. Tells him about Arjun's notes. Ashwin says that he better not see it "even if I see it, I can not discuss it with Ram because he has strictly told me not to see Arjun's notes. Please do not mistake me" Sharadha says that Nambi told her to keep off but she still wanted to give a try . Ko is happily sleeping. Ashwin gives him the Nikhil case file and asks him to go through. "Ram wants you to make notes " Ko nondhufies his vithi "for ever I get teamed up with Ram" Ashwin just smiles.

Sharadha is busy and Ko once again disturbs her  . This time S is categorical "sOnna sOllunga, illartti Aalai vidunga Sammy " Ko tells the ragam and both go for lunch. Mani and Sigamani – Sigamani is all dressed in lawyer's outfit and Mani is in splits. Mani's prophecy for the building "sir, some thing tells me that this building will one day house a good set of lawyers  who will make this place proud "

Nikhil's case. PP summarizes "it is established by the concierge that both Varun and Nikhil left the hotel together. Nikhil hit Varun and later got scared. Admitted him in the hospital and ran away with his parents. As for the event, the only witness who saw the murder is Nikhil himself. Wonder why defence refuses to put him on stand as a witness.  The present situation points fingers only at Nikhil as the murderer " Ram gets up to defend " Nikhil being in the hospital with Varun is disproved as the constable on duty was not there on the said day. Preethi , who was supposed to be the cause for the fight has clearly stated that she was just a friend to Varun. The reason why Nikhil was not put on stand is simple.  The police will "make" him accept a crime he did not commit. The prosecution needs to prove the crime "

Freeze

Friday 28 / 12 / 12 Episode No 95

Roja is very upset and so will give a bullet points update only. Before updating Roja records her prayers for that young girl who died at Singapore this morning.

1. Ram looses Nikhil's case - Judge sets dates only for sentencing arguments.

2. Ram calls his dad and complains about Arjun - almost threatens that if Arjun continues in the firm, he will have to rethink about his association with the firm.

3. Nambi meets Arjun and Sharadha - tells Arjun that Sundaram wants him out "not my decision but I see nothing wrong in his decision. But I know that you have a very bright future outside " Sharadha says that she believes that Arjun did no wrong - chooses to leave with Arjun "our resignations will reach you by mail " Both leave, Nambi is sad.

Freeze

Monday 31 / 12 / 12 Episode No 96

Flash back ends today . Going to be a brief update again.

Sigamani vacates his office as he has no business. Gives Mani a gold ring as his salary.

Nambi and Gayathri. Nambi feels bad that he had to ask Arjun to leave " I had no option, Gayathri. I was only the voice of Sundaram. Hope Arjun does not mistake me " Gayathri talks about her college days . Tells Nambi that Arjun was very quiet in the first two years ' " he came from a Tamizh medium school and so his spoken English was not good. He used to spend his money on books and even starved some times. Once he knew that I am Sundaram's daughter, he came and thanked me. Only then I knew the reach of our trust. Both Arjun and Sharadha are fighters. They will be fine " Nambi smiles ' a weak smile.

Mani, Sharadha and Arjun meet ' to decide about the future. Mani says that they should start a firm themselves. Talks about the office space et al. The three decide to start their own firm. Nambi  Asks Arjun to meet him. Arjun meets Nambi and Nambi gives him money ' tells him that Arjun has a very bright future "and let me be the first one to help you " The trio decide to rent the present office space ' Mani's ring,  Sharadha's chain and the money given by Nambi go to the kitty. Arjun gets out of flash back mode.

Freeze