I've had enough. - To all my IF fans.

-Pritt- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

I've had enough.

I take out time from my life to create and write things for all of you on the forums...not to have those things stolen.

I'm a neuroscience student and I still spend hours to make all of you happy. I put so much time and effort into my creations.

Then I find out they're stolen...

Here are a few examples.

Originally posted by me:

Copied:

Originally posted by me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZSmWuLjalk

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZSmWuLjalk[/YOUTUBE]

Copied:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=G-N6gxAE0xM&NR=1

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=G-N6gxAE0xM&NR=1[/YOUTUBE]

First my siggies used to be stolen and posted to Facebook without credit. So I let that go and decided to add my copyright onto the pictures. Then I find out that people are editing over my edits and making my copyright not visible?

Then I found out some of my writing gets posted on sites I didn't give permission to. I know, I can make posts private, but does that stop someone from making an account and stealing my writing? No.

The last thing I had left was my VMs. And I just recently found out that those are being stolen from me too. Just because someone changes the song in the video, it doesn't make it theirs. The time isn't put into pasting a song in the video, it's put into making the video itself with the edits and everything. VMs take the most time. So this really hit home and managed to crack me. I let everything go, including copied siggies and writing...but VMs? That's it.

Enough is enough.

I'm tired of this. I kept letting it go, but I can't take it anymore.

On top of that, I wake up almost everyday to angry PMs from people who are upset with my slow updates.

For example:

(Cropped out the person's name so that they don't get hated on.)

Honestly, if you all went through my requests list and put yourselves in my shoes; you'd also feel overwhelmed. I'm busy with school and I still try my best to complete requests. Once I finish one request, I always have three new ones. The only reason I take requests is because so few people actually do on the forums. I know how it feels to want something and not be able to get it. So I felt like being kind and giving people the opportunity to ask for whatever they'd like. But with me completing requests, I've run out of time to update some of my FFs. Some people don't understand that. I'm just a 19-year-old girl, not a machine running 24/7. Lately I've made IF a priority over sleep to keep everyone happy. On top of that, the stress of forums and school combined managed to trigger migraines for me. I get headaches every day but I STILL try to keep everyone happy.

Link to my requests list: Requests and PMs

I'm sorry. But I can't do this anymore. I know, there are a lot of people who appreciate the time and effort I put into my work, I'd like to thank all of you. But there are some people who don't. So I might still be around the forums, minimally now, but I won't be creating anything anymore. You can still contact me through PM though.

I know I'm not the only person this happens to. But it bothers me, and this is my decision.

Maybe I'll give everything a break for a month and then try coming back later. Hopefully by then people will have stopped taking credit for my hard work. I might finish off my FFs just so I don't leave anyone hanging. 

Sorry to everyone who had requested something, but you'll have to wait. 

P.S. For anyone who thinks this was sudden and random. It wasn't. You may all ask zara.92 about how stressed and depressed and bothered I've been the past couple weeks, not only by the forums but everything. And I know, everyone calls me "positive Pritt" and everyone thinks I'm happy and super kind. I am, don't take me wrong. I am kind and always try to be positive. But for some reason this really managed to get to me and I just cracked. So this was my little rant and I'm sorry all of you had to see this side to me.

Edited by PrittB - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Zara_92 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
This is utterly DISGUSTING !!

STOP COPYING STUFF GUYS !!

Pritt spends hours and hours to make edits just for u people !! 

she spends almost all her time MAKING UR REQUESTS !!!

and this is what she gets??

everyday she just ends up making requests , updating her FF's !! she HAS A LIFE beyond these forums as well and mind u shes not a ROBOT !!

she has been very stressed since 2 weeks now and i know it very very WELL !! still she managed to update all her FF's and complete ur never ending requests !! 

even i request her at times and i really feel bad now coz it takes ALOT of time !!

guys please have some manners , the least u can do is NOT COPY her stuff or GIVE her credit for her work !!

p.s - love u PRITT πŸ€—
Its very good u made this post !!
Edited by zara.92 - 11 years ago
Mrs.ZSK thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Awwhh Pritt!

I can't believe people are taking advantage of you like this. You are the only member on IF that i have seen who is creative in all sections, SIggy making, vm making, and writing ..just how do you do that and keep up with college? πŸ˜²  πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

and on top of that you make daily posts with siggies! Take a bow girl.

Coming from a FF writer myself if i got that message, that person would regret why they were born πŸ˜‘ So ungrateful and inconsiderate.

Pritt don't let these people take advantage of you.  I support your decision. You need REST!

pritt look firstly the people who stolen ur work u should complain to mods. they surely gonna take action and there is ur loyal fan base who understands ur cmmitments. we never forces u and send u hate pm. some frustuated people do that shame on them. i will not say change ur decision but i can say for some loosers who keeps no inmportance leaving everythng will be not gud. complain to mods. mods will show the their place
Imperfect_One thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thats really bad of such people.U r one of the best persons i have seen here.I always wondered how u carry on so many thingsπŸ‘.And do complain to the mods who are using ur stuff without ur permission.

Take some rest and come back dear!
Edited by skdrose - 11 years ago
saijahnavi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
pritt u r really a great writer and i am big fan to ur ff's.and i watched ur vms also.really nice.
and plz don't think about that persons who r taking advantage of ur patience...
the person who send u that pm need a life
prodipto18 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
dats realy sad
pritt dnt be sad
ppl out in dis wrkd are lyk dis only
crap ppl😑
amrithas thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I cant believe people can be so rude and demanding to someone so sweet, not to mention immensely talented and kind like you! I feel so bad for you, for us all who love your creations! Copying your work, really thats so not done! I will say its is ours and our loss only, if you dont make any creations! Will miss your work like crazy, but u do what u have to do for yourself gal! Me n a lot of people, I am sure are rooting for you!
gurudrishti thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
U SHUD TAKE STERN ACTION AGAINST THOSE COPY C... AND MOREOVER, READERS SHUD NOT SEND SUCH RUDE MSGS. WE SHUD  BE REALLY THANKFUL TO WRITERS WHO GIVE US SUCH BEAUTIUL STORIES.KEEP UP WITH UR GOOD WORK ALWAYS. DONT LET URSELF DOWN BCOZ OF SOME COPY C...πŸ‘πŸΌ