Arshi One Shot - Not Enough

Checkmatee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
A totally random shot.
This plot assumes Khushi's innocence has been discovered and she knows the reason behind her marriage to Arnav.

What is love, really? Was it the feeling Khushi experienced every passing second of her life? Or was love just a fantasy, a nice way of summarizing a feeling that existed only in dreams?

Was love supposed to hurt so much, was it supposed to make you feel like embracing darkness?

Khushi knew she was in love with Arnav. What she didn't understand, however, was why it hurt so much. Was love suppose to completely ruin you?

Was it supposed to damage one's soul beyond repair? Did loving someone automatically give them the power to destroy you?

Coz that's exactly what Arnav had done.

Khushi had gone ahead, loving somebody who had ruined her to the extent that it felt as though somebody had ripped her heart right out and left her to bleed.

They say there's a fine line between love and hate. Khushi was on the side of love while Arnav was at the other side. Despite the barrier of just one line, both the worlds of love and hate were poles apart.

Love and hate could never cross the line and become one, just like how Khushi and Arnav would never be able to cross that line.

Each time the boundaries of love and hate expanded,it ended up crashing against each other, jolting Khushi back to the harsh reality that Arnav would forever stay on the side of hate and despite how much she wanted to she would never be able to stop loving him.

She had once believed that through time she would be able to fix all that was wrong between them.

That was back when she still believed in the whole concept of love and trust.

She loved Arnav beyond what words could describe and trusted her Devi Maiya more than she cared for her life. But those two elements in her life broke away the moment she was torn apart by reality that her love would never be returned and her prayers would forever be unheard.

Arnav was in a world where love did not exist whereas Khushi lived in a world where life meant love. But she had known from before, the ending to this chapter in her life.

She knew that hers was a story unlike all the fairy tales she had grown up with and believed in. She knew that the end to her story wouldn't be that of a happily ever after.

She had known this all from before, as she slowly came to realize, that despite all the love from her side, Arnav's hate would overpower that.

Arnav had made it clear how much he hated her and his eyes were always filled with contempt. Khushi had prayed over and over for things to change but deep down she knew she was asking for the impossible.

It was time for Khushi to stop wanting what she could not have and move on. But how do you move on when you have given your heart to someone else? What do you move on with when there was nothing there in the first place?

What Khushi was holding onto for this long, she did not know. She knew Arnav was only married to her through the contract coz he wanted to protect his di and now the truth was out.

She had thought that once she could find out the reason behind the intense hate Arnav had for her, she could work on fixing all the wrong. She thought the past wouldn't matter. She was confident she would not break and fight back with her love.

Khushi knew deep down that it was time to put an end to her dreams. The dreams she had woven with Arnav. Dreams that included her future with him. No such luck.

Somehow through the months of contract marriage, despite all the hurt, hate, anger, sadness, darkness, loneliness and pain she had lived through, a small piece of what had remained of her brutally crushed heart continued loving him as she had, long ago, given away her heart to him.

Her heart would beat for him eternally.

For what she was about to do, it would leave her lost forever in this gruesome world but she had to end it. She had to, before he did. And he would. Of that Khushi was certain.

She could not survive another round of breaking down. She had to turn the last page and close the chapter now. She had to walk away. Coz despite all her attempts at hanging on, she was always pushed away.

She could not risk loving him again. She simply did not have the strength to love him anymore.

She recalled the last conversation she had had with the man she loved, the day she had walked out of his life, hoping for some closure.

She had packed her bags and was ready to leave when he had come and held her bags in an attempt to stop her.

Khushi calmly explained to him her reasons for going.

" I knew that you were no saint. But i did not know that you were so much of a devil that you would so ruthlessly torture me. This is all my fault really, I was stupid enough to fall in love with you, a person who hates love. How silly, isnt it? " Khushi mirthlessly laughed at herself.

In a mocking tone she had continued " And now you have broken me beyond repair. I never knew the human heart could take so much pain. But i guess i have reached my limit now coz i dont feel anything anymore. I dont. You need to let me go. You need to set us both free from this so called relationship. "

" No Khush! I wont! i will not. We are married Khushi, married! How can you even think of leaving me? I know i have hurt you a lot, but please, please give me one chance to repent Khushi. This cant be the ending of our story Khushi, it simply cant be! " Arnav had argued.

" Then how come it is? " whispered Khushi, feeling her resolve weakening.

She reminded herself to stay strong and continued

" I can understand whatever you did, you did for your sister. That you thought you were protecting her. Sad to say you were protecting her from the wrong person isnt it. The real threat was never me, it was your jijaji. I can also understand that you wanted to keep me in your house so that you could watch my movements. But what i dont understand is why you never felt the need to clarify things with me, how you so easily trusted the words of your jijaji. That goes to show how little you think of me. The foundation of this so called relationship is all wrong Arnavji. In any relationship it is important to have love and trust, specially in that of a marriage. But our is the total opposite Arnavji. There's nothing but mistrust, misunderstanding and hate. "

" Dont say that khushi " Arnav pleaded

" That's not true! I love you Khushi. I swear i will change things! i will make everything better, i will make it like how it was! Just please dont leave me Khushi. And i know you love me, I know you still love me Khushi! " he challenged.

Khushi kept quiet for a minute.

Then she walked forward to take her bags from him and this time he let them go, when he finally realized he was too late as he looked into her eyes that were emotionless.

Just as she walked out the room, she looked over her shoulder and said

" Perhaps i do. I do still love you. "

Hearing this Arnav's heart had soared.

" But maybe just not enough to save our relationship "

And with that Khushi had walked away, from her love, her life, her world, her everything.

It was also the day she stopped believing in 'forever'.

My Index

Edited by Checkmatee - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ashi.1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
superb shot dear...!!!
u have describe khushi's feelings very effectively over here..
happy to find khushi strong enough to leave him behind...
he deserves it, cz it's definitely not enough to demand forgiveness by a simple apology after practically destroying one's life...
keep writing such shots and stories, u r a damn good writer...😃
Edited by -Priya.1- - 11 years ago
archa2810 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
may b that was for the best... time heals everything...
Mrs_Darcy_Shree thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
sad but beautiful os
👏
aNkItA.C thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
beautifully written...
Good work...keep it up!!!!
AWESM_GAL thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Sooo sad...bt very well written...
Thanx for pm...
allegro thumbnail
What a splendid OS.
The way you described Khushi's feelings was just awesome.

I never knew the human heart could take so much pain. But i guess i have reached my limit now coz i dont feel anything anymore.

I can almost feel Khushi's pain while reading those words.
Thanks for the PM.
jessjazz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Aawww... so sad!!!  But I suppose there is a limit to the torture (?) one can take.

chavvi16 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
you did that so beautifully
sometimes love really isnt enough
especially when he broke her to this extent
so sad that
but what to do