2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago

Reema Kagti: I thank KRK for revealing that Kareena Kapoor is a ghost in Talaash!

SHWETA PARANDE6.11 PM IST 02.12.2013
Tags:
Aamir Khan, Ghost Film, Honeymoon Travels Pvt Ltd, Kamaal R Khan, Kareena Kapoor, Kiran Rao, Luck By Chance, Rani Mukerji, Reema Kagti, Reema Kagti And Zoya Akhtar, Reema Kagti Workshop, Supernatural, Talaash, Talaash Director, WIFT, WIFT India, WIFT Mumbai, Women In Film & Television Association, Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, Zoya Akhtar
Reema Kagti: I thank KRK for revealing that Kareena Kapoor is a ghost in Talaash!
Yogen Shah
comments 0

The talented director says she should perhaps thank Kamaal R Khan for revealing the story of her recent Aamir Khan-Kareena Kapoor-Rani Mukerji film on Twitter, as some people didn't get the plot

Almost three months after the release of Aamir Khan's film Talaash, director Reema Kagti feels that people either didn't understand that it was a ghost film, or else didn't want to believe it.

The writer-director said, "Talaash had 18 cues to tell the viewer that it's a ghost film. But people still didn't get it. I wanted the audience to figure out that Kareena Kapoor's character was a ghost before Aamir (Inspector Shekhawat) did. Some people got it in the end, and some refused to believe that Kareena was a spirit even after the last scene…. They were like 'No, it can't be like that!'."

She added in jest, "Maybe I should thank KRK (referring to his spoiler tweet on Talaash)." Kamaal R Khan wrote on Twitter after watching Talaash, "Nobody is killer in #Talaash 3 friends killed prostitute Kareena Kapoor and she becomes ghost n help Amir to take her revenge. This is story".

Reema was speaking at a workshop organised by Women In Film & Television Association (WIFT) India's Mumbai chapter. The filmmaker showed a scene each from Talaash and her debut filmHoneymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd. and discussed it with professionals and students who attended the event.

Talaash, said Reema, was not intended to be a film with so many complexities. She wanted to make a ghost movie, but while writing the story along with director Zoya Akhtar, it became a movie about facing your demons and so on.

Zoya also spoke to participants of the workshop. She dissected a scene each from her films Luck By Chance and Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara and shared the process of writing and shooting them.

WIFT is a not-for-profit organisation aimed at helping women get a foothold in the film and television industry with the help of internships and mentorships. It was first founded in 1973 in Los Angeles as Women in Film. Its India chapter is managed by producer Petrina D'Rozario, Founder President.

WIFT's advisory board in Mumbai includes Uma da Cunha, casting director, editor, film fest organiser and WIFT Vice-President, Kiran Rao, director, Anupama Chopra, film critic and author, Sooni Taraporewala, director and writer, Vandana Malik, Network18 executive director, Ashvini Yardi, Grazing Goat Pictures, Zarina Mehta, UTV co-founder and Managing Trustee, SHARE, Paromita Vohra, filmmaker, Jeroo Mulla, Head, Social Communications Media department, Sophia Polytechnic, Madhusree Dutta, filmmaker and executive director, Majlis, Lynn De Souza, Chairman & CEO, Lintas Media Group, and Ashni Parekh, legal consultant in media and entertainment

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

I liked both her movies  πŸ‘πŸΌ

Vandana Malik, Network18 executive director

Isn't this Avantika's mom? 😳

abjbdishiuw thumbnail
it wasn't him..someone had hacked his account!
DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
KRK to kam ei hai logo ka band bajana...
i realy luved talaash!!!πŸ‘πŸΌ her screenplay and story was awesum in znmd aswell
talented galπŸ‘πŸΌ

Originally posted by: chaataar-maatha

You already watched talaash?😲

πŸ˜†

Yep. I'm loving bad quality DVDs these days. 

abjbdishiuw thumbnail

Originally posted by: bambogli

Isn't this Avantika's mom? 😳

yup!!

shocked kyun?

She had her own production house, right?

Nkapoor3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Pfft if people didn't get stuff then that is because of bad direction, take responsibility for the crap u have made!
abjbdishiuw thumbnail

Originally posted by: bambogli

She had her own production house, right?

head of CNBC18...I assume that's part of the network18 group coz of the 18 in both!
Edited by czarcastic. - 11 years ago