TOI: Kavita Kaushik out, Chitrashi Rawat in

Posted: 11 years ago
Kavita Kaushik out, Chitrashi Rawat in

Kavita Kaushik out, Chitrashi Rawat in

After seven years, popular serial FIR will see a change. Kavita Kaushik, who has been playingInspector Chandram-ukhi Chautala, will no longer be on the show. There will be a generation leap with a new cop coming in as Chandramukhi's daughter.

Sources say Chitrashi Rawat, best known as one of the Chak De! India girls, will in all likelihood be finalised soon. Apart from Kavita, Aamir Aliand Kiku Sharda will also not be part of the time leap. The production house is hunting for Kiku's replacement. 

What prompted the change? Says the source, "After seven years, they felt it was time for a change. Also, Kavita is doing another show on the same channel, where she plays a character which is just the opposite of Chautala." Producer Binaifer Kohli, however, did not revert to our SMS.
Lovely. Just lovely. After 7 years they'll change FIR cast. I don't have anything against Chitrashi Rawat or any other actor, but replacing FIR cast with a new cast is so wrong! I can't believe it! I just can't!
I just can't believe it that suddenly all  the cast is replaces by another cast...and then the leap.
I have no problem with the new cast but it is better if they end cause for viewers earlier cast is whole FIR show till now. Let's hope for the best but would really miss my favorite characters Billu , Gulgule, Gopi, Gentlemen, Chandramukhi , Bajrang... never thought I would say this ðŸ˜­

Edited by Himani_Rocks - 11 years ago
I don't think FIR's TRPs will be able to stand this. After 7 years to see a new cast is utterly impossible. This show is about to end. Mark my words.
I agree with you sri. The idea may might be good or bad but for real FIR viewers it is imposiible to imagine someone else in there place and acting same as earlier cast has performed. The show will soon end as we viewers can't accept this change suddenly.
Kavita is the hero as well as the heroin of FIR. Without her, things will be compeletely different. Can't imagine  FIR without Gulgule too. I'll miss them.
Whattt no Kavita Kaushik!!! ðŸ˜¡  I am afraid I will stop watching FIR ðŸ˜­ I watches it specially for Kavita Kaushik... if she is not there... then no meaning of FIR😭
Asto I'm probably leaving the show as well without KK. I like Chitrashi, but seeing her as a replacement of KK is not worth it! ðŸ˜¡
I was surprised by that announcement. 

Tho' I had a feeling that Kavita will also step away since she wants to a) do other roles after 7 years of FIR and b) has Tota Weds Maina. And when Aamir Ali left, it almost became a matter of time. Also, Kavita Kaushik on twitter now rarely mentions FIR.

Have they said anything about the remaining cast - will they continue? Kiku Sharda, Gopi Bhalla and Sandeep Anand? What about the other cast of characters?

This is going to take a lot of luck to work.

Since I knew it might be coming, I guess I'm not as shocked but very very sad. This could be the end of FIR. A serial that I've loved now for so long...
The Times of India article says that even Kiku Sharda is going to leave.

So that's 3 stars leaving at the same - Aamir, Kavita and Kiku. 

Ugh... This is going to be very very hard to recover from.