Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Alamelu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
loved it...hoping geet did not misunderstand maan because of that idiot lawyer lady and leave him and go to delhi...hope she gives hima  chance and gets to know him...looking forward to your next updae
-lakshmi- thumbnail
superb part...

maan is happy that his search has narrowed down to delhi but am so excited knowing that he dont have to search her but she will be coming soon to him in kc... am so much looking forward for their meet...

will be waiting for the next part
Hinal.94 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
angeesh thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
Sorry guys...social life came before my update!!

Anyway, here is part 39

Comments please...hope you are enjoying the pace..let me know

Ange

Chapter 39

Pinky's father, Jatinder Khanna, welcomed Geet with a big hug. "Wwwelcome ppputtar ji. Wwwhhy are you so late? I have been wwwaiting so long for you to come. I bbbet that rrrascal Adi, made you late on purpose...I am not sure about that bbboy" he said waggling his finger.

Geet looked at Pinky, and rolled her eyes. "Sorry, Uncleji. It was not Adi bhai. Actually, I felt a bit hungry, so I asked Adi to take us for something to eat". Pinky mouthed thank you to Geet.

"Well not to worry, bbbeta. Why don't you go to your room and get rrrefreshed? Pppinky, show Geet to her room" Uncle Khanna said leaving for his study.

Pinky was the only daughter of retired Colonel Jatinder Khanna. She was born Jasmine Khanna, but when she was born, she was so pink in colour she gained her nickname and ever since was referred to as Pinky by her family and friends. Only in school and college and on official documents, was she known as Jasmine. Jatinder was a widower for over 19 years. He decided after the death of his wife to raise his daughter on his own. He was not only her father, but her best friend. Geet came to live with them as a paying guest when she came to Delhi 2 years ago. He treated her like a member of the family and to Geet he was a great male role model, unlike any of the men she had come across in Hoshiaypur. He taught to dream and plan for the future. He taught her to aim high and have ambitions, irrespective of her gender.

Pinky showed Geet to her room and left her there, while she went to arrange for dinner. Geet settled into her room and began to unpack. As she put her clothes into the wardrobe, she noticed the black shirt in her bag. She removed it and examined it...it was Maan's. She smiled as she held it close to her. She closed her eyes and inhaled. She could smell his aftershave. It evoked so many memories. This was the shirt he had given her to wear the day he saved her at the lake...the one she had been wearing as they slept closely in the tent. She blushed at the memory. Holding it close brought comfort to her as well as a feeling of loss. She missed him. Despite only knowing him for a few days, he had made an impact on her. She would cherish their moments together for the rest of her life.

"He will have read the letter", she thought sitting on the bed, holding the shirt tighter. "And told Mumma and the family. I am sure that Brij would have told them all that I am dead to them. But what could I have done Babaji?" Geet thought looking at the ceiling. "Maan is a good man. He deserves happiness. He shouldn't be burdened by a marriage that happened out of force. Yes, he would have tried to keep me happy. But would I be happy knowing that he was doing this out of obligation?"

Her thoughts were broken as he heard Pinky approaching the room, so quickly hid the shirt under her pillow. She didn't feel like explaining it's presence to her best friend yet.

It was late evening by the time Maan reached Khurana mansion. As he entered the mansion he was met by Daadi and Annie, his younger sister.

"Maan, you are late" Daadi said sternly looking at her watch. She was trying to be angry at him, but to be honest, she was just happy to see him. She knew that his moods were quite dark ever since he was betrayed by Dev, Sameera and even his Dad, and that he sometimes didn't come to the mansion for weeks or months on end, preferring to stay in the outhouse, or one of their many farm houses.

"Sorry Daadi. I know I promised to be here for dinner..." Maan said apologetically.

"And I had Nakul make all that Indian food for you...becchara Nakul has been slaving in the kitchen since morning, just to make sure everything would be to your liking...but what do you care?" Daadi said shaking her head not allowing Maan to finish his sentence. "So what is your excuse??" she continued.

Maan looked at Annie and rolled his eyes. "Daadi, some work..."

"Work, work work...that is all you think about these days...not your poor sick old Daadi"  Daadi said clutching her head melodramatically.

Annie turned to Daadi, and said "A bit over the top, isn't it Daadi?" Maan and Annie looked at each other and burst out laughing. They were so used to her dramas and her dialogues by now. "Daadi, can't think of anything new?" Maan smirked as he sat down between Annie and Daadi.

"Ehem...Maan...ah yes...we were going to discuss your marriage. Isn't that right?" Daadi said, trying to change the subject.

Maan coughed and spluttered. Of course he had told Daadi on the phone that he would discuss his marriage...but he had meant to Geet...but now what would he do.

Maan kept quiet.

"Maan? I am talking to you" Daadi continued. "Did you just say that to get me off your back the other day, or were you ready to have a serious conversation? You know, I get so many rishtas for you everyday...I am sick of having to say no to them. I would like to be in a position to say yes for once. You know all of my friends have bahus...but look at me...see my kismet"

Annie, saw that her brother was in discomfort and decided to intervene "Oh Daadi, bhai must be tired from his journey. Let him get refreshed and rest for a while...then you can start your mahabharat with him" she said winking at Maan.  Daadi looked at Annie "what did you say? Mahabharat?" Daadi looked up to the sky and said "Oh God, look these children and troubling me so much...they don't realise, I am only looking out for them"

Annie quickly pushed Maan off the sofa and said "Run bhai, run". He didn't wait to be told again, and ran off to his room to get some peace and quiet.

Maan entered his room and flopped on his bed without switching the light on. He was exhausted. Not just physically by the journey from Hoshiyarpur, but emotionally too. The past week had awoken so many emotions and feelings that he had suppressed or he thought he was no longer able to feel. When he was betrayed by his Dad, Dev and Sameera, he shut himself off from everyone except for his Daadi and Annie. But even then, he limited his interactions with them. He just didn't want to get hurt again. He didn't want to trust anyone again.

He thought about Geet. Her naivety, vulnerability mixed with her attitude and playfulness had made him feel again. She was affecting him in a positive way. He was attracted to her, not just physically, but by her personality. When she left and the way she left, without discussion, hurt him. He couldn't say that she had betrayed him but she definitely hurt him. However he could not blame her. They hadn't yet developed an understanding as a couple.  She was obviously unsure about their relationship and Ms Roy's visit had played on those doubts. He just wished she had stayed and waited to talk to him. "I will find you Geet. That is a promise" he smiled before he shut his eyes to fall into a deep well needed sleep.

Naintara, Dev and Pammi were sitting around the dinner table, which was quite unusual. Normally Dev would be with some girl, Naintara at some kitty party and Pammi at some other social event. But this gathering was not for a meal, but to discuss what was going on in India. So far, they had heard nothing. They had expected to hear something by now. Their sources in Hoshiyarpur seemed to have disappeared. Nobody could tell them anything about Maan or Geet. They hadn't heard from Daadi either and they couldn't figure out whether this was a good thing or a bad thing. Had everything gone according to their plans? Should they ring Daadi? Should they venture back to India? On discussion, they thought that maybe things were quite, because Maan or Daadi didn't want to get the media involved. They decided to wait another week or two, after which Naintara and Dev would go to India to see what had happened.

Awesome update Ange...

I am getting so used to this numero uno spot...😊

Maan, Annie and Daadi were so cute together..

Dev and company are considering returning... not so soon😑

Looking forward to more soon.

Thanks for updating...

Can we have a valentine special or are they not going to see each other that soon?

Edited by had2bu - 11 years ago
alicia212 thumbnail
wow great story plz update soon
it's awesome
thanks for the pm
TeamMcSwarek thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
LOVE IT
Waiting for Maan to find Geet
dreamy4ever thumbnail
Loved d update. Awesome
Eagerly wait for maaneet to meet 😊
-gurtimaniac- thumbnail
Awesome update

Oh no on official document pinky name is Jasmine tht is why Maan can't figure it out

Geet missing Maan n want to live her life with the sweet memories they share

Maan is in no mood to talk with anyone

Love the cute convo b/w Dadi, Maan n Aniee

Maan is determined to find Geet

Grrr Pammi dev n NT still doing evil planning but they don't know tht their plan had gone flopped

Waiting for the office scene, who will get shocked n who will get surprised n I am imaging Maaneet expression on that
abinash079 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
awesome update
i hope maan gets to see geet soon