Baa Bahoo Aur Baby (Baa Bahu Aur Baby)

Deven Bhojani:Food attack [Gattu]

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 17 years ago

F Factor

Deven Bhojani: Food attack

Actor, writer, director... and a true foodie. That's Deven Bhojani for you. A storehouse of talent. Off-screen, the chubby faced Deven plays the roles of a son, husband and father to perfection. For Deven, even talking about food is as exciting as savouring it. Though he relishes everything Gujju , he also indulges in world cuisines and enjoys them as well.

ShaadiTimes caught up with Deven and he revealed his food secrets

No time for fitness ...
I get up and rush for shootings. I am always in a hurry. In fact, I even pray in the car itself! I don't exercise, nor am into yoga... Nothing at all. I don't get time. I hardly get a day off. Whatever time I manage to find, I spend it with my two beautiful daughters.

</>  

Life does get stressful...
With so much work and so little time, life does get stressful. I don't even get enough quality time to spend with my family. But, when it gets too much to bear, I silently pray to God. I have a terrace flat with a swing where I spend quiet evenings; alone or with my wife. It is very refreshing to sit there with cool breeze blowing. I also love spending time with my daughters. It's so much fun just being around them. Sometimes, I do enjoy watching television also. But I keep surfing channels. I get bored easily. If I am home watching T.V. and my serial is on air, my entire family watches it!

Food mantras...
I love to eat, but contrary to popular belief, I do not eat a lot. I am not a heavy eater, I like to try everything but in moderation. Undhya , a Gujarati dish, is my favourite. Especially, when it's made by my mom. My wife makes amazing pastas and I savour that too. I prefer home food to any other food. Since years now I've been carrying a tiffin to sets. I love most of Gujarati items, like dhoklas, muthiyas, khaman... everything that's Gujju . I love chhas  (butter milk)! There has to be curd in all my meals. I am fond of eating. I've tried and liked all cuisines - be it Mexican, Italian, Chinese, Thai.

I keep away from...
I don't like karela  (bottlegourd). It's too bitter. Also, I do not have a sweet tooth. I am more of a 'salty' person. I love eating farsans , like chakri, gathiya . If I could cook, I would replace karela  with bananas in my recipe.

Can't cook at all...
I just can't cook. At the most, I can make noodles and tea. Once, I was alone at home and had heard that making noodles is child's play. So I too tried my hand at that. I simply followed the instructions given on the packing, and managed to make it. It was pretty good in the end. But I haven't tried it after that. I have made tea only once, some 10 years back!

Mom vs wife... who's a better cook?
Arre yaar, tum toh marwaoge ! If I say wife, my mom will bash me up and if I say mom, my wife will tear me apart. So, let me have my peace of mind and be diplomatic. It's a very tough competition. I cannot choose any one. They're both fantastic cooks. No one else can match them. Yea, that's a good answer (laughs).

Edited by Manoj_Tina fan - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mishubaa thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
he has two daughters........ 😛
...............thankoooooooo