sushantfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

War of words doesn't bother Sushant Singh Rajput

By Abhimanyu Mishra, TNN | Jan 19, 2013, 12.00 AM IST
READ MORE Sushant Singh Rajput|Kai Po Che|Anushka Sharma
Sushant Singh Rajput is leading the bandwagon. With Kai Po Che set to release, four films that have already been finalized and "16 offers in the pipeline", Sushant seems to have his hands full. 

Ask him about the exciting days ahead and Sushant replies nonchalantly, "I am a detached person. Once the last day of shooting is over, I distance myself from the film." He adds, "For me, happiness lies in the journey and not the destination. It's the learning process that attracts me. As soon as one thing is over, I find myself looking for something else."

For this very reason, Sushant, who started with theatre, went on to win many hearts on television first as Preet Joneja in Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil and then as Manav Deshmukh in Pavitra Rishta and is now set to start his silver screen journey. So does he think his decision to leave TV has worked for him? He says, "I can't say that right now. But I quit the show because I had nothing more to look forward to on television. I was popular and I was being paid well. You would want to continue on TV only if you want to earn money and are content with limited fame. I wanted to explore more, so I moved on."
Bollywood, in various aspects, is bigger and more competitive than television. So does Sushant feel threatened as a newcomer with the big names and fierce competition? Sushant comes up with a oneliner, "What's in a surname? I have never felt insecure in my life and I am not scared of failure." But what about the controversies that are an integral part of a Bollywood star's life? Sushant has already been dragged into a war of words with Anushka Sharma. "I have a five layer coating on me, such things don't bother me at all. So what if Anushka commented on my role being too small in my next project? I say, there are no small roles, there are only small actors," responds Sushant in his defence.

For someone who has already tried three different mediums of entertainment, which one has been the most enjoyable? "Theatre," answers Sushant instantly adding, "It's basically because of the instant connect. You get the report card as soon as you deliver." So why is he not doing more theatre? He says, "Everyone has their aspirations. Some want bigger bucks, some want larger audience and others want more glamour. For these reasons they move on from theatre. I moved on simply because I wanted to learn more, and explore other mediums."

He signs off saying, "I am the kind of person who goes by mere instinct. I might start a small canteen in the film city tomorrow, might go back to theatre or whatever my heart says."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Another overrated dude in the making? I honestly care no less.
He stole that line from srk
PigBenis thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Bollywood doesnt bother about you either yet 😃
ProudSushantian thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing Sneha.
Sushant All the Best.
-koiza- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

then why are you bothering us with your words ?

another disaster in making! 

MR.KooL thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Fly as much as u can .have a happy and safe landing.
-koiza- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Heart_Breaker

Fly as much as u can .have a happy and safe landing.

CRASH LANDING ðŸ˜³

MR.KooL thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: koiza.k

CRASH LANDING ðŸ˜³

😆
Hello_kitta thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
16 offers in the pipeline"   

Where is that pipeline?😕