Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ladyterp thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
@Samir, I am a daughter to one and a mother of two and I would love to agree with you but I don't.  Mother brings the child into this world (out of her desire...don't make me go there) so it is her BASIC responsibility to rear the child.  I do respect mine but I would never expect my kids to respect me just because I feed them and take care of them.  That is my job.  They did not ask to be born.  They are a consequence of decisions that mom and dad took...
UMDU thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@Samir and ladyterp    Nice discussion. I know the topic discussed here is on general role of parents and not DABH specific, I would like to make a small point. In traditional India having sons is like an insurance for  old age and among poor having children means more hands to work. People have sons so that they can be looked after in old age when they are unable to work. The expectation even though ideally should not be there and love for your child should be unconditional is definitely huge.This is one of the main reasons sons are treated superior to the daughters as daughters go away. Ladyterp, I totally agree with you, but ground realities are very different from what is an ideal position. The way Bhabo behaves in the story is not different from 99% of households in Hanuman Galli. That will change when you break away into a nuclear setup. Edited by UMDU - 11 years ago
-SamiR- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ladyterp

@Samir, I am a daughter to one and a mother of two and I would love to agree with you but I don't.  Mother brings the child into this world (out of her desire...don't make me go there) so it is her BASIC responsibility to rear the child.  I do respect mine but I would never expect my kids to respect me just because I feed them and take care of them.  That is my job.  They did not ask to be born.  They are a consequence of decisions that mom and dad took...

I respect your POV ladyterp ji. After all, you are speaking from practical experience, while I'm only speaking theoretically!

I'm not saying that parents don't have any social responsibilities towards their child. Like you said, many consider rearing a child to be the job of the parents. I still maintain though that if parents have the duty to take care of their children, then children should also have the social duty to take care of their parents. And how can you take care of someone you don't respect? I'm looking at this from more of a moral perspective.

As for the child not asking to be born .. philosophically speaking, that's irrelevant, as the child did not exist at a point when that question would've been relevant.
Diya_DB thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Well ofcourse there has to be a reason for one to be respected! Respect is a pricey thing! But I think a mother does earn that respect and some more; here's why:

1) She basically allows the unborn child to occupy her body for nine months, allowing it to rob her of her resources so that it can develop properly.

2) She goes through unimaginable pain to bring the child into this world (they say it's impossible for a guy to imagine the pain of child birth)

3) She feeds the child from her own body for months and maybe years, which keeps the child healthy

4) She cooks for the child, cleans him, shelters him ...

5) She sacrifices her sleep to keep the child comfortable.

6) She teaches the child language and how to be a social individual

@ Samir Ji : πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
i had a lump in my throat while reading this πŸ˜Š. it felt nice...

@JAM : sorry for the late reply. 
awesome post. i am glad that i took time and read all the comments. 
after reading all the comments, i can say that yes, bhabho does deserve suraj as her son. as farhana said, we dont know her side of the story yet. let's not forget that bhabho probaby has never come across ideal parenting, nor does she know the importance of education. 

.Ami. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Here you goes my POVs why Bhabho deserve Sooraj n vice-versa:-

*A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary.*

*The sweetest sounds to mortals given are heard in Mother, Home, and Heaven.*

I strongly believe:- Never marry a man who hates his mother, because he'll end up hating you..
M – For the MILLION things she gave me,
O – For she's growing OLD,
T – For the TEARS she shed to save me,
H – For her HEART of purest gold,
E – For her EYES, with love-light shining,
R – For she is always RIGHT and always be.

The Best, Which Touched:-
When I came home in the rain,
My Brother Asked: Why you didn't take an Umbrella.?
Sister advised:- Why didn't you wait till rain stopped?
Father(Angrily): Warned! only after getting cold, you'll realize.
Mother: while drying my Hair, said,
"STUPID RAIN! couldn't it wait, till my child came home."
That's (Mother)
THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PERSON ON THIS EARTH…
OUR BEST CRITIC …
YET OUR STRONGEST SUPPORTER…
"M O T H E R"

So Yes, Bhabho deserve Sooraj..

N don't forget when we're occupied by negative emotions - we often lose sense to interpret between what's wrong/right.😳.

N if son doesn't utter a word in front of his mother doesn't mean he's spineless or weak. Sooraj never allowed any kinda injustice happened to my sandy baby. Sooraj has its own ways to solve problems which I found more sensible, matured, non-violent. When mother n wife both are short tempered one need son/husband like Sooraj. Also, our society really need people like Sooraj who can put sense in people n maintain calmness in critical situations..
SwerveBae thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ladyterp

@Samir, I am a daughter to one and a mother of two and I would love to agree with you but I don't. Mother brings the child into this world (out of her desire...don't make me go there) so it is her BASIC responsibility to rear the child. I do respect mine but I would never expect my kids to respect me just because I feed them and take care of them. That is my job. They did not ask to be born. They are a consequence of decisions that mom and dad took...

Zindabad!
Totally agree with you.

Ladyterp aunty di khair !
.Ami. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
@Samah:- Why are you making hybrid aunty blushing so much?😲 Now tell me why you agree with her POV?
SwerveBae thumbnail

Originally posted by: ami_dabh

@Samah:- Why are you making hybrid aunty blushing so much?😲 Now tell me why you agree with her POV?

I like to make people blush.
I can't tell you
Brahmaputra thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
then why my puttar is not making me blush?πŸ˜•
SwerveBae thumbnail

Originally posted by: June_Anne_Mary

then why my puttar is not making me blush?πŸ˜•

You're hard to plush :(