TOI: Two new shows on TV- HAHIL

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago
Tonight will witness the launch of two new shows on TV — Hum Aapke Hain In Laws and Tota Weds Maina.

Hum Aap Ke Hain In Laws traces the journey of Gulshan Grover ( Karan V Grover) and Damini (Pooja Pihal), who are surrounded by their unconditionally loving — also unintentionally interfering — in-laws. While trying to make life simple for the young couple, the families end up complicating it even more. This is Karan and Pooja's first tryst with comedy. Karan says, "My role is of a besotted husband who goes to unreasonable lengths to meet his wife's demands. My character is hilarious and lovable because my antics are always unintentionally funny."

In Tota Weds Maina, Tota ( Gaurav Gera) gets married to Maina ( Kavita Kaushik) in a mass community wedding, only to realise that they are as different as chalk and cheese. While Tota is simple, honest, sincere and loving, Maina is adventurous, bold and talkative. She believes that life is boring without any twists. In the process, Tota always finds himself at the receiving end of Maina's misadventures. About her character, Kavita says, "Maina is an extension of me. She is adventurous and crazy. She is not scared of anything. While I used to take hardly 10 minutes to get ready for FIR, since I hardly applied any make-up, Maina takes me pretty long."

Anooj Kapoor, EVP and business head of the channel, says, "While Hum Aapke Hain In Laws reflects the endearing and colourful bond between a couple and their respective in-laws, Tota Weds Maina is a romantic comedy about a mismatched couple who work hard at making their marriage work."
thnx 4 sharing. today is first episode. very excited.
Thanks for sharing 😊 wow Karan's show will start tonight 😉😃
Thanks hope karans show will be the best
thanks for sharing..sooo happy n excited..after long waitin karan's show is finaaly starting today..yippe...
I am waiting for the 2nd episode 😃