FF - The Promise - Thread I - Chapter 1 to 68 - Page 47

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 11 years ago
man ur last update was too much for me and i didn't have a control on my emotions lol. hmm cmng to update nyc 1 poor rk lol
saijahnavi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
nice update and thanks for pm.
Simple-Girl thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Awesome update..👏Stopped at right time!!😉 😆Continue soon..😊
punam2712 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
BOTH OF THEN HAVING A HARD TIME CONTROLLING THEMAELVES
THEY CAN JUST JUMP THE OTHER
tiara255 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Lovely update...u r gr8 writer..plz update soon
luvera thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: palaksaluja

Lovely update...u r gr8 writer..plz update soon

Thanks for the appreciation... Just curious have you been a silent reader of the FF or have you recently come across this FF.

Also if you are interested to receive a pm when I next update you can either pm or buddy me.
luvera thumbnail

Chapter 42

Madhu hurried to the fire and gladly accepted one of the cups of coffee that Akash was filling. Rishab and Abby were already sitting at the fire, debating breakfast and everyone else was just starting to wake up and crawl out of their tents. She glanced back over her shoulder when Adam caught his foot on the tent opening and nearly landed face-first in the snow.

"No, we had that yesterday," Abby said, shaking her head. "Let's try one of the other ones."

"But, I like the pancakes." Akash complained with a pout. "Doesn't mean you should eat them every morning."

"Are you two about to have a fight?" Deepali asked as she hobbled to the fire, supported between Harpreet and Sikander. "'Cause that might actually be worth getting up for."

"Kicking your ass would be worth getting up for, too," Adam muttered under his breath, but it was still loud enough for everyone to hear him and Abby leaned back to smack his leg. "You're so grouchy in the morning," she said, handing him her coffee.

"You wanna just throw the gloves down, Adam?" Deepali taunted. "Just because I am a girl doesn't mean I can't fight. I could still kick your ass even with my leg messed up. Just because the only action you're getting here is from your right hand you've gotta be a dick all the time."

Sikander grimaced with he heard Deepali's last comment. Why am I not really sad that we have to go? he thought. "Stop it," he said firmly but softly.

Deepali just rolled her eyes. "I don't know how you can be friends with these people, Sikander," she muttered. "I can excuse Madhu since she's boring, but Adam and Abby? Two of the most bitchy, antagonistic, overly-sexualized '"

"You can excuse us?" Madhu bit out as she jumped to her feet and glared at Deepali. Abby almost felt sorry for Deepali because Madhu was about to go off on her ass.

But before Madhu could say anything more, Sikander interrupted. "God, I'm so sick of this," Sikander muttered and handed his side of the weight to Akash as he decided to get away from Deepali and the others for a few minutes.

"You're about a stupid f**k," Harpreet bit out as she and Akash lowered Deepali down to one of the camp stools.

Deepali just barely stopped herself before she told the guide where she could stick her unsolicited opinion. She turned her head to look for Sikander and she saw him standing alone near the edge of the boundaries that had been set up by the guides. "Did I ask for your opinion?" she snapped and shook the helping hands off.

She took a deep breath and turned to look at all the people there. "Look, I'm sorry... I know we don't care for each other, but that's no excuse for my behavior." The expressions on Abby and Adam's faces were almost worth the pain this apology was causing her. "I'm just pissed that I'm not gonna be able to finish the climb and that Sikander too is gonna miss it because of me." Ungh, this apology business just left a bad taste in her mouth, she thought as she forced herself to her feet. She grimaced as her weight pushed the pain in her leg back to life, but she was determined to go talk to Sikander.

"You shouldn't move around," Rishab said. "You're gonna need all your strength when we take you to the pickup point." "I won't be up for long, but I need to talk to my brother."

"What was that?" Adam hissed as soon as Deepali was away. "You know... I don't think I've ever been called 'bitchy, antagonistic and overly-sexualized' before," Abby mused. She shrugged carelessly. "Overly-sexualized, sure, but... bitchy and antagonistic?" She tipped her head back to look up at Adam winking at him. She tried to calm him with a joke. Adam is always a little grouchy in the morning and this scene just made it worse. He shrugged. "Hell, I don't know."

"I wanna kick her ugly ass off the mountain," Akash said when he sat down next to Abby again. She smirked when she saw that he had chosen a different breakfast. "I would like the honours." Adam added.

Abby grinned. "You'd probably break her stupid neck and end up going to prison... and I don't think you'd enjoy having some big old guy named Big Dick as your cellmate. On second thoughts, you just may."

"I can see the groups' sadness over Deepali's leaving," Rishab said with a smirk as he prepared his coffee. He, himself, couldn't wait to get rid of her. "Yeah, just tears my heart out," Adam grumbled.

Rishab glanced at Akash. "What time are we meeting the evac team?" The guide glanced at his watch. "About an hour and a half. I was thinking' between our climbing time yesterday and today we're still gonna be behind schedule."

Rishab nodded. "I was thinking the same thing. I think we should just climb to the camp we wanted to reach yesterday. We're still gonna be behind by a whole day, but pushing it would be too exhausting." Even if this group was sporty and fit adding additional distance to the climb over what they had planned for one day was just too much risk.

"Yeah, guess that means scaling the glacier will have to wait until tomorrow." He shrugged and grinned. "Oh, well, that means a pretty easy day and we'll get to stop early."

Rishab nodded. "Yeah, we'll reach the camp probably around 3 or 4pm, so a lot of time."

Madhu kept taking sideway glances at  Rishab while he spoke. A lot of time, she thought. What would they do with so much time together? She was completely aware of him and she couldn't get her mind to stop straying to the possibilities.

Sikander straightened up when he saw Deepali slowly approaching him. She wasn't doing very well since the snow was high and she couldn't put much weight on her injured leg. He wondered if he should go to her, but decided against it.

Deepali did her best to use Madhu's footprints but it was still difficult with her injured leg. "Hey," she said quietly. She waited for him to look at her; her ability to judge his moods was weak when she wasn't looking into his face.

He turned around slowly to face her. "Hey."

"I..." Damn, it was painful to actually say these words! "I'm sorry, Sikander." She looked away and shrugged one shoulder. "I even apologized to them." He stayed silent and considered how sincere that apology could've been.

Deepali hobbled over to him, putting on her best pitiful and suffering expression. "Sikander... pretty please." One look at her and he knew why his father always caved into her demands. It was that stupid puppy dog face she made.

Sikander took her into a hug and tightened his arms around her. "Okay. I am sorry that you are not able to continue with the climb and have to return back. I know you were looking forward to being on this climb and spending some time with Rishab."

Deepali snorted. "Sikander, I would have hiked up the side of an active volcano if it meant spending time with Rishab. And I bet you would have done the same if it was Harpreet." She teased finally getting out of the hug of death.

"So when are you finally gonna have the guts to tell her?" "Ungh," he blushed and looked away. "I don't know... sometimes I wonder what she'd do if I just kissed her... no reason, no explanation, no apologies, just planted one on her. But, then I remember what Trishna did when I did that to her in middle school."

Deepali laughed. She knew this story and the way Trishna had kicked him where it hurt the most. "I don't think she'd be that cruel to you, Sikander."

"I don't know... the girl seems very particular about what is and isn't acceptable and I'd kinda like to keep the equipment in working order, you know?" He made a face at that thought.

"Hey, I hate to break up this sweet moment," Rishab hollered, "but it's getting close to time for us to head to the pickup point and those of us who're continuing the climb need to eat and start packing for the next part of the climb."

Edited by luvera - 11 years ago
Simple-Girl thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Nice update😊 Really want some progress in Madhu & Rishab's relationship..😊 Continue soon..😊
sidra01 thumbnail
lovely update excited to read more
luvera thumbnail

Originally posted by: armaghan0

lovely update excited to read more

Thanks a lot... Just curious have you been a silent reader of the FF or have you recently come across this FF.

Also if you are interested to receive a pm when I next update you can either pm or buddy me.