Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 10 years ago
This was a nice scene..

In this coat You are looking Aman,
LATEST ARTICLE

It's very tough to survive in showbiz without a godfather - Piyush Sahdev

An actor who got to relish telly success as a step by step process, Piyush Sahdev talks about his TV stint and the importance of being different. Excerpts from an interview:

ACTOR BY CHOICE
My late mother, who succumbed to blood cancer three years ago, always wanted me to be an actor. I always I wanted to live a normal and a simple life. But deep within the keeda of acting always motivated me to take up this profession. I used to admire Amitabh Bachchanji. But as luck would have it, my focus shifted to studies because when you grow up, your ambitions change. Your looks and your personality also change. So when I came to Mumbai from Delhi, I didn't realise people think of me as a handsome chap. So, when I realised I got the looks to be on the screen, I tried to get into showbiz. And that's when TV shows happened.

CAREER SPEAK
I think of myself as a self-made guy who entered showbiz without a godfather. It's very difficult in showbiz to sustain without a godfather. Any other person would have buckled under the kind of pressure I went though in showbiz. Once you enter TV, you can't go back to what you were doing before. At the same time, the no work' syndrome leads to depression. I saw all the phases as I did not get success on a platter. I started with doing character roles and playing parallel leads and now I am getting the dividends with Sapne Suhane Ladakpan Ke.

SMALL WONDER
There are many shows with parallel storylines and tracks. This makes it important for an actor to create a USP. It's essential to stand out because when the track a the same " for example, that of romance, it's the USP of the screen couple that helps grab eyeballs. What matters is how a love story is portrayed differently. At the same time, I think it's not the right time for me to do reality shows. I don't have the right temperament to go to the Bigg Boss house either. I feel I am not cut for the reality show. However, I am open to doing dance reality shows, but at a later stage.

DREAM MATTERS
I always wanted to play the role of Lord Ram. It was the most cherished moment of my life when I got to play Ram in Devon Ke Dev...Mahadev. I made it a point to do a variety of roles and be part of shows from different genres. I did Humne Li Hai... Shapath as well, which is very unorthodox in its approach. In Sapne Suhane Ladakpan Ke, I'm playing a fashion designer who's a tough cookie. Playing tough onscreen is always a challenge because there are many reasons which makes a character look or pretend tough from outside, whereas he's a softie at heart.
Shapath is very unorthodox? means unusual????? for different he could have said vary or some other word??? unorthodox?
Oh SSLK is giving you dividends..that s very nice to know..you getting what you want.
Edited by -Mansi - 10 years ago
Piyush you liked my new year post, then you liked post of others but now you started liking comments this made me surprise😛