Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: -ksh-

Kajol's and Karisma's debuts were terrible too. Both debuted opposite losers we never saw again. Karisma looked like a man while Kajol looked like a junglee.

I knowπŸ˜†...but these two went on to be the two most successful actresses in BW...same goes for Kat...I think thats why their movies are not there...
-koiza- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

i think the title needs to be changed

its more to do with those who failed to make it big- coz otherwise karisma, kajol and kat would have been there too

blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Everytime I look at Esha Deol I realize the perks of being a star-kid...No one would have even given her a second look...considering that she neither had looks nor talent...same goes for Tusshar Kapoor..
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Kajol's and Karisma's debuts were terrible too. Both debuted opposite losers we never saw again. Karisma looked like a man while Kajol looked like a junglee.

But I thought Kajol stood out in her debut despite the film and her co-star being terrible.. πŸ˜•

Karishma and Kajol started looking much better later on, when Manish Malhotra gave them a makeover πŸ˜†
Sam_dean4Eva thumbnail
LOL i've not even seen one from that list. Bach gayi πŸ˜†
ForeverSHINee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: blue-ice

Everytime I look at Esha Deol I realize the perks of being a star-kid...No one would have even given her a second look...considering that she neither had looks nor talent...same goes for Tusshar Kapoor..

Tusshar did have a good debut in the form of Mujhe Kuch Kehna HaiπŸ˜†Anyways people mostly remember it as Bebo's movie not Tusshar's movie. I watched it only because of herπŸ˜ƒ
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: blue-ice

Add Alia Bhatt to the list now. She made her debut in a KJo film and goes to bag another Dharma and a Imtiaz Ali film. While Yami, Ileana who look far better and perform much better have only managed to bag films with Ali Zafar and Shahid Kapoor respectively.
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: chocolover89

But I thought Kajol stood out in her debut despite the film and her co-star being terrible.. πŸ˜•

Karishma and Kajol started looking much better later on, when Manish Malhotra gave them a makeover πŸ˜†

Yes I think that it was told then that both girls stood out in their respective debut. But the truth is if not for their industry connections they wouldnt even have bagged those films let alone go on to do more films.
-koiza- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
esha deol was pathetic! no screen presence, no looks, no acting! genes totally gone wrong there!
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Yes I think that it was told then that both girls stood out in their respective debut. But the truth is if not for their industry connections they wouldnt even have bagged those films let alone go on to do more films.

I've never seen either debut, but Kajol did follow it up immediately with a crackling performance in Baazigar. I think she was set from that point on...

But I thought that Karishma didn't get any support from Kapoor family and they were were obviously against her doing films?

Btw why didn't Nargis Fakhri make this list? That was the most hated debut recently πŸ˜†
Edited by chocolover89 - 11 years ago