just wondering

babygirl198722 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
hi am a constant viewer of this show but a little baffle at what i  am seeing so am asking.  did sita really know ram father die first and the prayers for his soul to rest in peace. also the episode where kalyaki question vishnu of why her had to do that to ram is that true because some ramayan i read you getting a different version about kaiyaki

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Incense thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: babygirl198722

hi am a constant viewer of this show but a little baffle at what i  am seeing so am asking.  did sita really know ram father die first and the prayers for his soul to rest in peace. also the episode where kalyaki question vishnu of why her had to do that to ram is that true because some ramayan i read you getting a different version about kaiyaki

the story for sitamaa  is taken from shiv puran in the story she offered rituals to their ancestors as lord rama and lakshmana had gone to nearby village and the auspicious moment /(muharat) was passing by.she did rituals in the presence of four witnessess later on the witnessess lied and sitaji cursed them...in valmiki version lord rama himself said to kakeyi tht he was incarantion of lord vishnu and he asked him to send to exile valmiki mentions tht. Kaikeyi was not cruel. She loved Sri Rama more than she loved Bharata. When Rama was a young boy, He sat in the lap of Mother Kaikeyi and requested, "I want to ask you something. When I grow up and return home after My marriage, My father will think of giving this kingdom to Me. I want you to ask him to give the kingdom to Bharata, and to send Me to the forest for fourteen years." Hearing this, Kaikeyi fainted. When she regained consciousness she said, "I cannot do such a cruel thing." But then Lord Rama said, "For the benefit of the whole world, you will have to do this." So Kaikeyi agreed.   .http://www.dharmakshetra.com/sages/Saints/valmiki.html

http://www.indianetzone.com/13/kaikeyi.htm

.there is one more version tht says dasaratha had a dream that the King of Ayodhya were dead. So, he hurried to perform Rama's coronation lest the kingdom be left without a king...Kaikeyi, the king's favorite queen comes to know of this. Out of her love for Rama, she didn't want to allow Rama to be crowned the king because it was the KING of Ayodhya whom Dasaratha dreamt of as dying. (If Rama is coronated he becomes the king). 

So Kaikeyi causes Rama's safety even at the cost of her own husband and son.http://utkarshspeak.blogspot.in/2011/03/kaikeyi.html

in padma purana  its actually manthara who was send by gods The Padma Purana has the following to say about Manthara. "A celestial nymph, Manthara by name, was deputed by the gods to carry out their mission (in the shape of sending Sri Rama into exile and thereby bringing about the destruction of Ravana). She was given away by the king of Kekaya territory as a maid-servant of Kaikeyi."

hope it helped and welcome to the forum
Edited by arti07 - 11 years ago