Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rusha4003 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
I've done 2 parts today ... was very happy with the episode so I could write more ... πŸ˜†

Recap  ...

"No", squealed Sunheri. "I want Di with me in my room, will you Di ? please?" she pleaded. "After all you'll soon be married and gone. I want to spend some time with you".

Part 12

"Ok dear", said Meera patting her head.

Soon everyone retired for the night. To escape Sunheri's incessant questions, Meera feigned a headache and pretended to be asleep. When she heard Sunheri's even breathing, she slowly got up and went up to the terrace.

The night air was cold and she shivered slightly, I should have brought my shawl, she thought. She made her way to the swing and sat down, swinging herself gently, she closed her eyes.

Hearing footsteps she looked behind her,  "Ahhh ' there you are my beloved niece", drawled Lakhan.

Meera slowly stood up and looked at him.

"WOW, now that is what I call respecting your elders, stand up when you're spoken to right? Sudha Bhaoji has raised you pretty well ", said Lakhan sarcastically.

"Why do you hate us ?", asked Meera softly.

"Hate ? " thundered Lakhan, "I loathe her, she was always out to catch me on the wrong foot. She just needed a reason to start sermonizing. And you? Well, everyone in this house doted on you, it was like the whole house revolved around you. Kalki Bhaoji was the only one who was kind to me. "

"I wish you were never born", he hissed.

Meera reeled at the hatred in his voice.

"I lost my parents at an young age, I was barely a kid. My brothers were busy with their own families and business and never had time for me. Why, even Prithvi, the abandoned child, was showered with more affection than I. And now, I don't need them, I can stand up for myself.  Everyone will soon learn to respect me. I will rule this house", he sneered at her and left the place.

Meera sat down a thoughtful look on her face. It was evident Lakhan had a neglected childhood. If only her mother had spent more time in the village, she would raised him differently.  It was clear he felt cheated. He also held both Prithvi and her responsible for his neglected childhood. She wondered if there was anything she could do about it.

Now she began to see why Lakhan behaved the way he did. And somehow Kalki Bhabhi seemed to encourage him in this, she mused. Now I should be calling her Taiji, she told herself ! That reminded her of her Uncle. The first thing in the morning I will go and see him. He was the first person in this haveli to recognize her.

She looked at her watch, it was just past 12. The witching hour, she mused. It was turning colder now and she decided to get back to bed.

As she walked along the long corridor, she heard the huge iron gates of the haveli open. As she looked on, she saw Prithvi's jeep enter the driveway. She heard the sound of the tyres on gravel and she guessed he had parked at the side of the house.

She walked over to the other side and saw him going towards the well. She heard the sounds of water being drawn and splashing as he washed himself.

Then he walked along the corridor towards the storeroom. Her breath caught in her throat as she watched, did he think she was in the storeroom ?  She saw him pause in front of the door, he seemed to be listening, and then he went over to the charpoy in the corridor and lay down on his back, his head cushioned by his linked hands.

What a Spartan life he led, she thought. His needs were few and wants seemed non-existent.

Tomorrow, he will know that she had been telling the truth all along. She wondered how he would react to that. And moreover what would be his reaction to their child marriage. She fervently hoped that like her he would reject it outright ! Things would be so much simpler for her then.

She quickly went back to her room and quietly got into bed trying not to disturb Sunheri.

"Your husband is back safe and sound, now will you please go to sleep?" mumbled a sleepy Sunheri.

Meera looked at her in surprise then smiled and shook her head. She turned on her side and snuggled into the warm quilt. Her last waking thought was, didn't Prithvi feel cold out there?

Part 13 '''''

"Get up Di", Sunheri was shaking Meera, "It's breakfast time".

Meera groaned and burrowed deeper in the quilt, "Please Sunheri, let me sleep for just five more minutes".

"No way", said Sunheri mock sternly. "Your husband is up and about and being the wife you just can't loll around in bed ".

Hearing the word 'husband' Meera sprang up throwing the quilt to one side.

"I knew that would wake you", said a grinning Sunheri.

"Is Prithvi in the house now?" asked Meera, her heart racing.

"Yes, Datha and he have been closeted in the study for nearly an hour and a half now. I think your call should come anytime now", said Sunheri seriously.

Meera nodded and rushed to freshen up. Her heart racing she went downstairs to the kitchen. Prabha smiled and her and said, "Come and have your breakfast".

A nervous Meera replied, "No Aunty, I just can't get anything down my throat now, I feel I'll throw up."

Prabha stroked Meera's head and said, "Don't worry my dear, everything will turn out fine. Have faith in your father".

"It's Prithvi I'm nervous about", said Meera in a small voice.

Prabha took Meera's hand in her and said "Prithvi will never do anything to hurt you, take my word for it.  At the first opportunity talk to him, I'm sure you both will take the right decision. Now have a glass of milk".

Meera drank the milk and turning to Prabha said, "May I go to the temple ?  I'll be back in an hour or so".

Prabha nodded, "Don't be long, your father may wish to meet you".

Meera hurried out of the house and began walking briskly to the temple. As she entered the temple, she paused to catch her breath.  She slowly walked along the cool marbled floor; she felt a sense of peace pervade her entire being.  She stood in front of the deity with folded hands and closed her eyes. 

She thanked God for paving way for her parents to be united. And then she asked God to give her strength and wisdom to do the right thing by Akash and his family.

"Now what are you praying for ? You've got your wish, Datha accepted you as his daughter", Prithvi spoke from behind her.

She whirled around, "Prithvi ! I asked '. I wanted to '. I just thanked God", she ended lamely.

"Shall we go? Datha wants to see you" , Prithvi bowed to the deity, turned on his heel and strode away.

With one last look at God, asking for courage, Meera hurried after him.

Soon they were driving back to the haveli. Neither said a word.  Meera looked at him through the corner of her eye.  He was staring steadfastly ahead and driving. Did Datha tell him all? She wondered. Did he know they were wed as children ? Why isn't he saying anything ?

Prithvi was still in state of shock, he was Datha's son-in-law ! He didn't remember a thing. They kidnapped him, and her, little innocent children !

The beasts! He gripped the steering wheel hard till his knuckles were almost white. If only he could lay his hands on them now !

Meera heard his indrawn breath and glanced at him, his jaw was clenched and he was gripping the steering wheel. He was angry ! She was dismayed, this was going to be more difficult than she thought. He must really hate her now. She knew he didn't form attachments easily, and this relationship was thrust upon him.

Soon they reached the haveli and walked into Datha's study.

"Ah, there you are", said Datha with a smile. "Come and sit here". Meera went and sat with her father on the sofa while Prithvi remained standing. "Prithvi, please sit down", said Datha softly.

"This morning's disclosure changes nothing, Datha. I was and will always be your servant" said Prithvi, as usual not meeting Datha's eyes.

Datha went up to Prithvi and held him by the shoulder, "Look at me Prithvi " !

Prithvi slowly raised his eyes to look into Datha's eyes. 

Once again Datha saw the little lost boy who followed him everywhere.  Datha saw the same forlorn look in his eyes, seeking approval and acceptance. 

Datha felt chocked with the emotion he felt for the young man. He hugged him and said, "Prithvi, you were and will always be the son I never had".

Prithvi went still for a moment and then squeezing his eye shut, hugged Datha back.

"That's better" said Datha wiping his eyes, "Now, come here and sit down".

Prithvi walked up to the chair fartherest from Meera and sat down stiffly.

Meera did not dare to look up, suddenly it was as if she was fascinated by the pattern on her duppata and kept looking at it steadfastly.

Datha looked at the two of them and smiled to himself. They were so adorable together; if only !

"Much as you two would like to sweep this under the carpet, we need to talk about the fact that you two were married albeit at an age when you didn't even realize what was happening",  began Datha,

Prithvi spoke up at once. "There is nothing to discuss Datha, we will accept this marriage till the time Sudha Takhurain comes back to her rightful place in the haveli. Then we go our separate ways without letting anyone know about it. I'm sure Meera will agree with me" he said pointedly.

Meera's eyes flew to his face; he was looking at her impassively. "Y-yes" she stammered not knowing what else to say.

"Ok, since you two have decided on the course of action, there isn't anything left for me to say. But, I want the two of you to carefully think of the implications, this is not as cut and dried as you imagine. I'll leave you to it now". So saying, Datha walked out of the room fervently hoping that these two would take the right decision.

Seconds ticked by and neither wanted to be the first to speak. Finally true to character Miu's resolve broke and she jumped up and began pacing the room.

"Look, we are just going to pretend to be married in front of the villagers. Tomorrow, Papa and I will go to Delhi and bring Mama here. At the same time, I will meet Akash and inform him that I will be returning to Delhi only for the wedding. I want to spend as much time as possible with Mama & Papa. I'll leave it to Akash to convince his family, he always does. I just can't face his mother's interrogation. 

Maybe we can tell everyone that you are going to do some alteration to your house, so that you can bring your wife home. That way I can continue to live in the haveli. Or we can request the Pandit to say that the stars are not right for me to shift to your house", she knew she was blabbering, but for the life of her, she couldn't stop, not when he was sitting there and looking at her with a piercing glare.

Finally he stood up, "Are you done ? I have work to do". When she nodded, he strode out of the room without so much as a backward glance. She collapsed on the sofa and held her face in her hands.

What was she going to do with this man ? It was like talking to a wall ! More than ever, she needed his support now, she needed him to tell her that things would work out fine, she needed him to be her friend !

And all he did was glare and snap at her.

As he walked out, Prithvi was agonizing at Meera's plight. He knew how difficult it was for her. He was unattached and having a 'temporary' wife made no difference to him. But it was different for her, she had to think of her parents, her fiance, her future in-laws and the villagers. She had it rough !

He would do all he could to support her; he would stay out of her way as much as possible. At least she need not add her 'husband' to her long list of worries.

He met Lakhan in the corridor, "So, when are you taking your bride home ?" he sneered. "Or maybe you could just move in here, after all you've always dreamt of doing that !"

Prithvi bunched his fists and controlled himself. He didn't want to pick up a fight with Lakhan now. He just shoved Lakhan out of his way and left the haveli.

How was it ? πŸ˜Š

Edited by rusha4003 - 11 years ago
LadyMacbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
wow , nice ! I wish the writers of the show alsotry to make their characters behave  logically , like you do . πŸ‘ Really nice part , this one . πŸ˜ƒ
BabyHimavari thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
beautiful storyπŸ˜ƒ,awsome updateπŸ‘
rusha4003 thumbnail
@ Gargi ... Thanks for liking dear ... I'm trying to keep my story simple and straight ... not too much negativity ... no twists ...no turns ...

@ Ifians: Thanks for liking dear ... BTW , what do I call you ? ... I'm Usha !
sana2511 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
wow nice parts usha di...πŸ‘πŸΌ
saomom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Wow!  Great update!  You really can tell a story.  Can't wait to see how things start to fall together/apart!

hangok thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
usha thank you so much for this two part, they were just great, loved it ...
miu wants prithvis friendship this is great, like the fact that prithvi was thinking about her and her worries, so that meand he is worried for her i like it 😊

thanks for pm,
ShellJA thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
thanks for the PM, Usha.

Wow 2 parts...what a treat.  wonderful.  I really like how you're handling the story.  Don't like how the show has handled the child wedding. 

Good work ...but I am greedy ... more please.
rusha4003 thumbnail
@ Sana : Thanks dear ! πŸ˜Š

@ Tammie: Thanks for the compliment ... I think every story writer likes to hear that they can tell a story ... you made my day ! πŸ€— 
Well... for now I'll tell you that things rarely fall apart in my stories ... so you can rest assured everything will turn out fine !

@ Bennu: Thanks for liking dear ! Yes, now Miu is beginning to see an ally in Prithvi ... and Prithvi has already let go of his hatred ... so things will look up from now !

@ Shelly: I posted 2 parts because I want to finish this story asap. πŸ˜†.I started with the idea of a 5-6 part story, but this story growing like a weed ... uncontrollably ... πŸ˜† ... Now, I'm agonizing on " How do I wrap this up?" πŸ˜† 
I should have stuck to my usual OSs ... much easier and simpler !!! πŸ˜†

Edited by rusha4003 - 11 years ago
larimel22 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
You always make the characters remain true to their personalities. I like! :D
CONTINUE JALDI!