Dabangg 2 silences detractors,emerges triumphant

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago

'Dabangg 2' silences detractors, emerges triumphant!

By Taran Adarsh, December 26, 2012 - 08:01 IST
Salman Khan is competing with himself. A statement I made soon after the release of EK THA TIGER on national television and repeated it last week, when DABANGG 2 opened to packed houses. The Salmania is very similar to the Bachchan euphoria in the 1970s and 1980s, when a Hit movie would touch the magical figure of 1 cr [a humungous amount then], while a flop would manage more business than the successes of Bachchan's contemporaries.

Of course, it's a bit too early to gauge the amount of business that DABANGG 2 would do in the domestic market because the festivities have just begun and will last till New Year. With no significant release till 4 January 2013, DABANGG 2 should march gallantly and victoriously, accumulating a big fat total at the end of 2 weeks. Will it cross the lifetime biz of DABANGG and BODYGUARD? It should... Will it overtake the lifetime biz of EK THA TIGER? Too early to predict right now...

The advantage of releasing a film during holidays is for all to see. DABANGG 2 arrived four months after Salman's EK THA TIGER created a hungama at the ticket window. Of course, the naysayers and negative forces were quick to dismiss the second instalment of the franchise. Even the critics, most of them, tore the film to shreds. But the BO numbers prove that Salman is currently in a different space and the negative word/review will hardly make a dent in his popularity.

DABANGG 2 is a success story. The nominal budget [excluding Salman's fees] would be recovered from the sale of non-theatrical revenues itself. But the profits it will generate will only be known once the theatrical biz is exhausted. Till then, it's Hud Hud Dabangg...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
I don't enjoy his movies at present but geez this man is something else. Salmania has made me speechless

I repeat; this guys is super human. Three cheers for the Khan!!
MissIffiy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Some ppl are still barking 

Anyways 

Congrats to the team of dabangg 2 ðŸ¥³
Yankees thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
"Thank God for some sensible critics.

Here are excerpts from some early reviews of Dabangg 2:

Reuters:

It seems unfair to devote a whole review to Arbaaz Khan's "Dabangg 2?, given that this is hardly a film. As a friend said, it's a collection of deleted scenes from "Dabangg" that have been put together haphazardly to make the skeleton of a film.

Just as Salman Khan makes no pretence about acting, brother Arbaaz Khan makes no pretence about directing. "Dabangg 2? is an endless sequence of comedy-song-fight-romance. I can almost imagine the director mentally counting the time elapsed between a fight sequence and a song. A half-hour into the film, I could tell which was next, irrespective of whether it made sense.

NDTV:

The pace of Dabangg 2, even at its modest length (129 minutes), is uneven….Unfortunately, the Dabangg 2 screenplay is devoid of any fresh ideas. The one-liners are rather laboured and the heroic acts that Chulbul Pandey pulls off with an eye firmly on the gallery are all too predictable.

Rediff:

Within 15 minutes, the novelty wears off. Our one-man Expendable has already done this and better in the previous installment of the franchise. And as much as he tries there are only so many ways a man can play himself….Even the sultry appearances put in by Kareena Kapoor and Malaika Arora Khan bop about the same old template and ambiance in flashy chart-toppers

Wogma:

The introductory action sequence feels like a recap of Dabangg and you wait for something new and fun in terms of action to come up soon. You keep waiting. There is nothing new or funny about them, they are just repetitive. Only this time, the sound design does the 'action' rather than the usual camera and/or editing. In the name of action choreography, people fall here, there and everywhere in the same old fashion."

Searchindia.com
Yankees thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I am baffled at this guy's success, again, he can make a movie on art of farting and his fans will storm the theater. Script, direction, story, acting takes a backseat in his films, they are solely working on his craze.
MissIffiy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Taran & komal have been tweeting so much about dabangg 2 i even heard srk unfollowed them ðŸ˜†
aisa thumbnail
my Grandma use to say if you have nothing nice to say just zip it,congrats to the dabangg team really enjoyed the movie
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Yankees

I am baffled at this guy's success, again, he can make a movie on art of farting and his fans will storm the theater. Script, direction, story, acting takes a backseat in his films, they are solely working on his craze.

I know...Meena😆...Its all about Salman...I hope Arbaaz Khan is not delusional enough to think that his direction has something to do with the success of D 2😆😆...
wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Action Alliance

The movie was entertaining and too many Salman supporters  his most enjoyable!, even non Salman supporters enjoyed it! Salman is about entertainment and you get your moneys worth..but why sterotype indians in India NRI enjoyed and even goras yes goras sat through the whole thing!!Edited by wat_up - 11 years ago
wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Action Alliance

Originally posted by: MissIffiy

Taran & komal have been tweeting so much about dabangg 2 i even heard srk unfollowed them ðŸ˜†

😲 Really are you serious !!