"I wait for the right film" - Sameer Dharmadhikari

Priya-Anand thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
"Ever since he made his entry in the concluding part of the popular Marathi serial 'Damini', Sameer Dharmadhikari invited attention of not only Marathi film makers, but also some of the Bollywood film makers. He had just come to Mumbai that time and lived in a chawl in Santacruz, Mumbai. Soon, he was offered a role in Prakash Jha's film 'Dil kya kare' which was his debut Hindi film and then he went on to perform title role in English play 'Nathuram Godse – An Experience' directed by writer Pradeep Dalvi 'and presented by Indo American Arts Council
During his days of initial struggle, Sameer was also busy finding modeling assignments. And, Ad film maker Sanjay Shetty found a perfect smart man in him. His wavelength with Sanjay matched very well and Sameer's first assignment was for Parle Products. Thereafter, there was no stopping for him. Till date, we have seen him in many ad films and also many Hindi TV serials and Marathi films, besides an English film 'Quicksand'
There were many other Hindi films to follow, including 'Agnipankh' where he played parallel role with Jimmy Shergil; but his role of a Politician Vivek Chavan in Madhur Bhadarkar's film 'Satta'(2003) brought him name and fame. Sameer played a negative role of Raveena Tandon's husband and gave his best through that character. Sameer's performance in the role of Gangadhar Rao in Zee TV's popular serial 'Ek Veer Stree Ki Kahani- Jhansi Ki Raani' deserves a special mention.
Sameer has performed in many Marathi films; but he is yet to get an opportunity to prove his mettle. There was a film 'Nirop' produced by his wife Aparna Dharmadhikari in 2007. The film won the national award for the best Marathi film that year. It was directed by Sachin Kundalkar, who directed recently released Bollywood film 'Aiyya'. As an anchor, he did establish himself through a show on 50 years of India's independence. But, we would certainly like to see Sameer playing the character of a matured hero in Marathi, the kind of roles Aamir Khan plays in Hindi
He possesses such a good physique and has maintained himself very well.

And now, he will be seen performing in an upcoming TV show 'Hindustan' which will focus on the history of all regional films including Hindi, in the country. Presently, he is playing lead role opposite Eesha koppikar in new Marathi film 'Maat' shooting of which is in progress. In this film, Sameer plays an Engineer who is well off and husband of a beauty queen, played by Eesha

Soft spoken and a perfect gentleman, Sameer has not accepted many films at a time. When asked about the reason, Sameer said, "I wait for the right film." This clearly indicates that the role he plays opposite Eesha Koppikar now, in the film 'Maat' is a special one; though he himself refused to speak much about his role, to maintain secrecy of the script

Sameer has a big group of friends, who keep visiting him, whenever they are in Mumbai. Now that he has moved to his new place, he has still retained his well maintained small previous house, for his friends to live. "Whenever they are in Mumbai, they take halt there, as I have given my house keys to them He Still remembers his first rented accommodation and his good old neighbour –a tamilian aunty, who served him delicious sambaar , when he first came to Mumbai. "I still look at that old place while passing through that area, while attending the rehearsal of my upcoming show. One day, I would like to take my daughter there to meet that aunty," he concludes.

sourse-http://www.marathimovieworld.com/interviews/sameer-dharmadhikari-interview.php

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

I-Love-SamRata thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
thanks dear
this article clearly says how geniune is Sam
Dil_Ka_Samrata thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
thanks priyai
Great article of him
.TapasYa. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
so sweet of Sameer /
All the best to his upcoming movie but seems like he having a TV show Hindustan
Ms.SK thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
wow.  first thing in the morning I see this article.  Thanks Priyai.  You have made my day  .🤗

Evergreen Sameer a true gentleman. Only few left around now a days,
BUT all laajians knew the sort of man he is in real life.

Which channel is this new show Hindustan coming?  Looking forward to that show.
.TapasYa. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ms.S.K.

wow.  first thing in the morning I see this article.  Thanks Priyai.  You have made my day  .🤗

Evergreen Sameer a true gentleman. Only few left around now a days,
BUT all laajians knew the sort of man he is in real life.

Which channel is this new show Hindustan coming?  Looking forward to that show.

bold -that's why we spell bound by him😆
Ms.SK thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: _TAPASYA_

bold -that's why we spell bound by him😆

too true.  😃
.TapasYa. thumbnail
wow his new show title Hindustan
seems like he want to say something to society ,
alicia. thumbnail
 great news  ----
s_anika thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanx Priyyai, but where will be the show telecasted? 
Edited by s_anika - 11 years ago